COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.3

on 7/27/2016 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

The color suits me (415) but it has too much sparkle and shimmer! I'm oily so I DNW anymore gleaminess on my grill, okay? Also the sifter lets too much product out. #messy.

on 1/11/2015 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use this years ago and recently came back to it. I really like it, just not as an overall powder. I use this on my cheeks to set my highlight since it is super sparkly. Like too sparkly to use all over my face. The shade range is also not good. Even the so called "translucent" powder seems dark on my fair skin. And I'm not all that fair. But the formula is nice, it's easy to blend and is a great setting powder for my blush and highlighter. Because I use it so sparingly, it lasts forever, so the price is okay for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE:
Overall Rating: 3 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 3 out of 5

After using this a bit more, I don't really like using it. It is too dramatically sparkly, not glowy. My skin overall felt more oily, and I just do not enjoy this product anymore.

ORIGINAL:

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5

My sister bought this for me for Christmas, in 420 Translucent Honey. The color match was pretty good, and my skin was not oily after applying. On it's own, it's a very sheer coverage, but very glittery. But when I wore it with another pressed powder/cream underneath, my skin looked a bit cakey, so I would say it's not very buildable. It's nice for a first loose powder, and it is very helpful with liquid makeup.

Because the pack I got came with three, it'll be a while till I run out, so I'll have a lot more time to work with it :)

on 12/30/2013 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- glowy finish

CONS

- oxidizes
- packaging
- sheer

COMMENTS: This powder wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for how badly it oxidizes. It has a shimmery finish, but it gives the appearance of glowy skin and isn't full of glitter chunks. This can actually be used as a highlighter, but as a setting powder...definitely not.

Will not repurchase.

on 2/5/2013 4:44:00 PM

This product is horrible. And I'm surprised to be saying this about CG. I barely had any acne with the powder and concealers I used before, but I wanted to try something different. So I got this powder, and the first day I was fine.. But then I started getting the most horrible acne I've had in years. Extremely disappointed...

on 11/24/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for too long, and the only reason I've never switched is because the only new foundation-related products I buy are liquid foundations. However, it is way too sparkly, and the color selection was too limited. It does a good job in general of setting face makeup, but since mine is too dark (and too sparkly) for me, it's not doing it.

This powder was okay. I actually liked the sparkles, but this made me break out badly within a couple days of using it so I won't be using it again. I also ended up dropping it and spilling half the container after trying to take the lid off.

on 8/7/2010 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good loose powder from the drugstore. I'm Soft Honey (same as in the whipped TruBlend foundation) and I really like it. It does have glitter flecks, which are a little annoying, but not really noticeable from a distance and I believe they help diffuse the light and promote the soft glow that this powder gives. It's great on top of foundation and concealer to set everything, which is a concept I never really bought into until I tried this powder. It's also really good on it's own as well.

Do not use the puff it comes with - so messy and useless. It's a bit messy still, but for the price I can live with messy :) I keep the puff in there, flip the powder upside down, then use a Kabuki brush to pick up product off the powder puff. Then use the brush to really work it into the skin in circular motions.

on 3/10/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

The product wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. The powder gave me an over all summer glow because of the golden shimmer. I dusted it over my foundation and concealer but it didn't give me much of an impression. It rubbed of after 2 hours and the packaging was so bad that it left me speechless. I use it now to quickly dust it on my arms and legs in the summer for a shimmery tanned look.

on 3/6/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sister bought this for me when she went back to Hong Kong for her holidays because we can't purchase CoverGirl locally. I have this in 405 / translucent fair. I know this is very cheap only in U.S.A. and is being sold only in the drugstores back there, but hey, some of their products are not bad at all.

I use this for touch ups and as a finishing everytime I apply my make-up on. I wouldn't say that this is my HG finishing powder because it's just "ok" for me. I would give this product a 2 stars out of 5 for my opinion.

Why?! First of all, let's talk about its packaging. The packaging is very unsanitized, the lid is very easy to break. (I broke mine everytime and it's very messy when carrying it inside your comsetic bag when travelling.) Also, the puff that comes with it is not usable for my experience. Getting the right amount of powder by using this puff is very hard.

About the product itself, it doesn't really have the staying power to prevent my face from getting oily for the whole day. It also has little bits of glitters on the powder itself but it doesn't bother me at all. Anyway, I really need to re-touch everytime when I'm using this powder. Meaning, I took me only around 2 months to finish one 18g product.

I would not repurchase this product from CoverGirl. Oh well, next product for my loose powder please!