Chapstick Cherry

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Who would think that the grooming item most-loved by my Dad would find a home amongst my stash? He had about ten of those scattered around at all times.

We ask a lot of our makeup - be glowy but not glittery, be glittery but not messy, be matte but not parched- looking....And so on. Cherry Chapstick is moisturizing but not goopy, adds color but you don't need a mirror to apply it, smells good but not in an odd way, has simple yet not crummy packaging (I don't want to see another doe foot ever again), and is cheap/easy to find. It keeps peeling lips at bay through an Upper Midwest winter. It is crazy dry here!

I'm currently doing battle with my hair, skin, and eyelashes, so it's of great comfort to me that I can just slap something on. Lips, you're my MVP.

on 12/25/2016 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This sounds strange, but I avoided this product for a long time. I tend to dislike most drugstore body lotions and lip balms because they contain ingredients I don't like to use. I think that lip balms in particular tend to market sealants as moisturizers. This product contains mineral oil, menthol, and parabens, which are all ingredients I prefer not to use. It also contains lanolin, which most people love but somewhat grosses me out, sorry.

HOWEVER, I got a tube as part of a bridesmaid thank-you and was shocked by how much I love it. I like the camphor/menthol scent (although I think both ingredients are irritating on the lips over time), I like the no-fuss packaging, and I like the emollient, waxy texture. I wish it tinted my lips somewhat, but it's colorless on me. I find this MORE hydrating and with better lasting power than Weleda Everon, however I wouldn't continue to use it over time. I think the ingredients and products like these are temporary fixes that make you dependent on using more and more balm over time. I think this is fine in a pinch but highly recommend Burts Bees Pomegranate Oil lip balm instead (also I just looked, and it actually ALSO contains lanolin in the ingredients--ah well, at least no parabens or mineral oil).

Ingredients: Arachidyl propionate, camphor, carnauba wax, cetyl alcohol, fragrance, isopropyl lanolate, isopropyl myristate, lanolin, light mineral oil, menthol, methylparaben, octyldodecanol, paraffin, phenyl trimethicone, propylparaben, red 6 lake, saccharin, white wax.

on 4/21/2016 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I heard Katy Perry's " I Kissed a Girl" and thought, yeah...let's give the Cherry Chapstick a try again. It's ok. It is still very waxy and hard. I don't know what Chapstick did when they made the Cake Batter Chapstick, but that feels light years better than any of their original scents...it is so smooth and creamy. Why can't they make the Cherry and Strawberry like that? This is just your average, Chapstick, what you think of when you think Chapstick. I personally would have written the brand off (I had) until the Cake Batter one came out. So I bought three of these for $2, not bad, no love lost. But I just wish these felt as creamy and as awesome as the Cake Batter ones do.

on 4/21/2016 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Man, reviewing cherry Chapstick, here I go. I feel like I only review the most basic of products, but that's me, I'm loathe to spend good money on things like lip balms...but maybe I should, because Chapstick just doesn't cut it. Been using it for years obviously, (who hasn't?!), and it just doesn't really moisturize. It temporarily makes your lips feel nicer and it will cut down on flakiness, but it doesn't give real, long lasting moisture. The nice smooth feeling usually lasts for, oh, twenty minutes? An hour if you're lucky. One look at the ingredients list and I can see why. Chapstick is full of drying agents (camphor and alcohol) and mineral oil, which is a great occlusive, meaning it seals in moisture, but not actually a moisturizing agent. So really there isn't much in Chapstick to actually give true moisture to your lips. I've tried lots of other lip balms, and they're all basically the same. The vaunted Burt's Bees gave me a fun allergic reaction, thinks to the peppermint oil. (Also drying.) I have gotten best results from using my usual moisturizer on my lips and then sealing in with Vaseline, but that seriously lacks the convenience of a pocketable tube. Chapstick is just an obvious band-aid...the stupid ex that you just can't quit. There in a pinch to make you feel pretty good, but oh how you regret it the next morning. Will I buy Chapstick again? Probably yeah, I already have hundreds of times by now. Is it actually doing anything good for me, or is it just a cheap little thing that numbs shit I actually need to deal with, like the aforementioned ill-advised hook-up? The latter, most definitely. Yeah, it smells good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this dried out my lips and I had to apply it 4x more often than other lip chaps. The smell is lovely though.

on 6/17/2015 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for years....love the smell and it leaves a bit of a tint (red-pink) on your lips. Can't beat the price too.

I always have this in my makeup stash. The scent is divine (I don't even like cherries, but I love the cherry scent in this), and the product delivers--soothes and conditions the lips. I like to use this under semi-matte and matte lipsticks. No flakings and your lips will look marvelous. This is definitely a classic. :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

No matter what new lip balms I try, this will always be in my purse! I've used this product since elementary school, and I continue to repurchase as an adult. This gives great results, color, scent, and is long lasting! LOVE :)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Cherry ChapStick is an absolute necessity now that it’s autumn/winter & cold weather dries out my lips. It quickly became my daily lip balm; it’s one of the best products to use for chapped or cracked lips in my opinion. My lips sometimes bleed because they’re so dry, so what I like to do is apply a coat of this moisturizing lip balm before bed each night to help keep my lips smooth & hydrated. If you wear lip liner & lipstick, this also works as a base! It is so moisturizing & leaves your lips super smooth!

Today, another teacher came in the classroom & mentioned having to send 4 of her students to the nurse since their lips were chapped & bleeding. Without hesitating, we agreed that the kids need ChapStick! It really is that amazing. It is a great flavor, but ChapStick is a good brand & regardless of what flavor(s) you buy, I recommend this if you’ve got dry, chapped lips. All flavors: Original, Cherry, Strawberry, & Spearmint.

Notes: There’s a limited edition Pumpkin Pie flavor for anyone who likes pumpkin/spice

on 10/25/2014 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is probably the first lipbalm I used. It has a cherry scent that is mild and I do not remember it moisturizing very well