Carmex CHERRY Click-Stick

Carmex CHERRY Click-Stick

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Active IngredientsButyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone)2.5 , Ethylhexyl Salicylate (Octisalate)3.0 , Homosalate5.0 , Octocrylene4.0Inactive IngredientsPetrolatum , Lanolin , Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter , Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax , Flavor , Ozokerite , Beeswax , Cetyl Esters , Paraffin , Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil , Camphor , Menthol , Salicylic Acid , Phenol

on 10/4/2016 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip balm. It's so handy and it does the job. Really hydrates my lips and i love it because it's menthol. It makes my lips so refreshed. But if you did not exfoliate your lips it will produce some white thing on your lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm quite careful with my lips, as they're sensitive and chap/crack easily, but occasionally (sudden cold or dry spells, etc.), I get a split in the middle of my giant stupid fat lower lip that takes a couple of days to heal. Any time anything in the lip area reaches the level of actual physical discomfort, out comes the Carmex to numb the area, make it feel lubricious, and keep me from worrying it with my teeth and tongue. Carmex doesn't so much *heal* your lips as it creates a nice, moist environment in which they can heal themselves.

Of course, menthol is somewhat drying, but I find that it balances that out by distracting me from the feeling of the big split in my poor lower lip, used to being smothered in Aquaphor and NYX Butter Glosses. And Carmex is US$2, max.

As to the flavor, I'm old enough to have used Carmex when it came only in tiny metal tins, and I can tell you that we've come a long way. Even the actual Carmex base is far milder smelling/tasting than it used to be. The last one I grabbed happened to be cherry, but I'd use any Carmex flavor without hesitation. Trust me, it tastes better than 80s Carmex!

Some really thick oily/buttery balm with peppermint oil or something might be better. But my lips seem to like petrolatum, so only might be. And this is $2, dammit. Not my regular lip balm, but an occasional lip necessity for me nonetheless.

on 10/2/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product, especially after reading all these amazing comments. I applied and my lips started to burn. I had to remove it and wash my lips with water because of the burning sensation. Maybe I overreacted since it has menthol but I was afraid since I thought I was having an allergic reaction. I currently use lypsyl and it moisturizes and doesnt burn on my lips :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The click-stick idea is kind of gimmicky but it is an amusing change on boring lip balm tubes which I appreciated. I used to really love Carmex and would constantly reapply for the cooling sensation, but after switching to different lip balms I realized that Carmex products aren't that great. The cherry click-stick was better for my lips than the pot or the ultra hydrating slimline tubes and I would need to reapply less. However, it only really coated my lips in product rather than moisturizing in the long-term.

Overall, this is probably my favorite Carmex product but I still won't be repurchasing since the products are not as effective as I would like.

on 1/29/2015 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This stuff seems tackier than the regular Carmex, which I do not like. And I think the menthol clashes with the cherry. It's not awful but not pleasant, either.

If this flavor of too strong you can try the strawberry, which is softer smelling/tasting. It's like strawberry milk. This is still my favorite, though bc of nostalgia. Love the salycilic acid, which made me give it a try when I saw it in the ingredients. Used to be a player w chap sticks bc nothing ever worked,not even eos. Now I hoard these. If I skip a day, my lips act out immediately. HG lip moisturizer, I don't even need lip scrubs or anything anymore.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 11/06/16: I find this rather "extremely" bitter (due to the SPF) I did buy a new tube but I'm not sure I'll use it (I can give it to my Mom since I didn't use it). I have been using the F out of this stick coz I had a fever blister this weekend (normally I use the tub. The tub is HG!!! I use the tub). I had slacked off & been using MAC Lip Condtioner instead of Carmex I think Carmex is so good thou I wanna try the other flavors like esp Strawberry & Lime to see if they're bitter but I find I've constantly got to have something on my lips (pure psychological bs!!), be it lipbalm, gloss or lipsticks I just can't stand bare lips & some matte lipsticks are sooooo chapping/drying so Carmex is so welcome after wiping that stuff off. I'll keep buying the pot forever please never D.C. it! It's classic. Chapstick I mean I own like $$ worth of in the last month getting new flavors but they are a fad (more $$ than I'd like to admit! I got like 15 new chapsticks this month alone w new flavors they suckered me in!!! But they are good for fun & I've always got back ups of back ups. I'm a chapstick girl too coz they don't have SPF so they don't taste gross & are fun & effective! But if I had to pick one lip product if I could only own one it would be Carmex in the little tub. Close 2nd MAC lip conditioner & twice a day I apply too faced lip injections extreme & sometimes I wear their gloss. It gives a similar feeling on the lips unbelievably. I wonder I mean I always noticed my lips looked plumped and healthy after a few applications of Carmex. Could be on to something too Faced is $20 some & Carmex is $1. Cheapest lip plumper in history other than maybe punching urself in the mouth or sucking on a shot glass/pill bottle lol. :-) :-) :-)
---
Original review: This tastes kinda gross!! I prefer the original formula in a pot.(I get kinda weirded out w the pots coz touching my hands from lip-to-pot seems like it would be germmy or unsanitary esp during cold/flu season). I love how the stick "clicks," it has a nice scent, & is very heavy therefore effective. I like lipbalms that have some kind of medicated quality to them, plus water proof & also SPF are an added bonus. I love how Carmex tingles on contact. I had gone a little crazy exfoliating my lips w an old toothbrush this morn so I needed something to put onto my poor, irritated, & painful lips; this is ambrosia from the gods!! I will repurchase but in original instead (or maybe some other flavor that looks appealing!!).

on 2/20/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

My lips are dry most times. I love lip gloss in any kind of container but always need this little bit of recovery in between. I used the original before but LOVE the cherry smell in the same great product

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best lip balm I've ever tried. I put this on my lips before going to bed then I wake up with amazingly soft lips. I love the cherry scent, the minty sensation and the fact that it glides easily on lips and it gets absorbed by the lips. When I have extremely dry lips, I put this on and the dry skin peels off easily. I even use this as base for my retro matte lipsticks. Affordable and perfect! Simply the best!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My family is a bunch of kissers.. you know, that Aunt that hunts you down and HAS to kiss you on the lips whenever she sees you? Well, imagine your WHOLE family is like that. I HATE IT! Well, the one good thing out of it is that I discovered this chapstick because thats what we all use, and I cannot use ANYTHING else, ANYTHING. This is also the only flavor I like. I have, at all times at least 3 tubes of this everywhere. When I bartended, I once left my tube at home, and paid my bar back to go to the store and get me more in the middle of the work shift. All those reports on chaptick being addicting? Yep, they are correct. But my lips are soft so that's fine with me! I slather this under or over any shade I use (even matte ones) and it really adjusts, but I mostly use it alone. Love it.