Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

4.4

Extra-virgin coconut oil.

on 7/24/2016 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you have old or new stretch marks, you need to try this - apply once a day after the shower, massage in well (don't use too too much, because you'll be greasy!).
I'm absolutely covered in them from puberty - breasts, hips, arms, etc.
I've had dark as well as white marks everywhere for the last 10 years or so, and never really treated them.
I started using coconut oil and within 2 weeks, massive improvement. My red marks are fading quite a lot and even the white ones look less noticeable.

I even started using it on my face, which is prone to acne and blackheads, and it's actually better than ever. I know a lot of people have different experiences with this one, but for me it's working well - just don't overdo it.

on 6/25/2016 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love coconut oil! I sometimes use it as eye makeup remover when I do a heavy eye and I'll use it every now and then as a body moisturizer. It feels so nice and luxurious and really makes my skin so soft. This stuff lasts forever too. I just started trying it to condition my lashes every night and will maybe mix it with sugar as an exfoliator. Will always have a jar of it.

To Read all 350 Reviews, Login or Join

My HG! Use it as a hair mask, body lotion, make-up remover,.. and it does it better then all other chemical masks/lotions/.. I've tried. Will use it in my beauty routine forever.

on 6/21/2016 7:40:00 PM

I don't know why I didn't use coconut oil sooner. It's amazing! I saw a few youtube videos on coconut oil to take off stubborn makeup. I wear a lot of makeup and I like waterproof mascara which is hell to get off. I bought a small jar of coconut oil to keep in my bathroom. You only need a small amount and let it get it warm in your hands. I apply it to my eyelids and gently massage over my lashes. Then I do the rest of my face, rubbing the oil all over and then go back to my eyes. The coconut oil melts away everything. I don't wake up with god awful raccoon eyes or irritated eyes from rubbing harsh cleaners to get the damn makeup off. I think I paid $8 for the coconut oil and I've barely made a dent in it after a month of use. I still use my daily skincare after I cleanse with the coconut oil and it works well for me. I don't have any breakouts or irritation at all.

Native is one of my favorite brands and you can purchase a huge bottle at Costco which will last forever. I literally use Coconut Oil for everything! There are so many beauty benefits: hair, skin, nails. I use Coconut Oil to make hair masks and face masks once a week. The possibilities are really endless.

on 6/15/2016 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Coconut oil is a staple for my kitchen,skin, hair and nail regimen. It is my night moisturizer now that it's hard to find a great one for my combo skin. It also help re-grow my edges entire hair. The smell is sweet and it works well as sunscreen for me in summer. I alternate between coconut and shea butter as sun-screen now that am yet to find a good one.

Coconut oil and butter are not sufficient as sun-screen for a hot summer, i still see the effect of the burning sun on my skin when am out for long. Coconut oil also works well on my little one's hair

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A wonderful pre-shampoo treatment. The longer you leave it on, the better! I definitely liked it more than olive oil. However, I don't like it on my skin because it breaks me out.

on 5/25/2016 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

LOVE using coconut oil all over my irritable sensitive skin on my body! I find that it is only good to use on my face in my eye area (eyelids and dark circle area). If I use it all over my face I find that red bumps can ensue I think that this is due to it being highly comedogenic (meaning that it clogs pores/causes acne). I don't find that I have the same reaction when I rub it into the skin on my body though (arms, neck, chest, legs). I gave it 4/5 because of the drying length. I find that it can take forever to dry on my skin (I put it on at night before bed or after a shower0 and if I don't let it fully dry before putting my PJs on and getting into bed, a weird smell can happen from the coconut oil going off on the sheets... This product is definitely worth buying and trying out as a body moisturizer! It is also good for heaps of other things (hair masks, oil pulling, apparently it can even cure yeast infections!). Give it a go if you're trying to find an all natural super effective moisturizer/ cure all!

I love this stuff way more than the lotion! I've been using this and it keeps my skin super soft and smooth. I've used it for eye cream which I dab a little on and I haven't had any pimples. Also used it as a foot cream, moisturize my hair after apply to my body, and can do much more with it :)

You can do so much with this product!

on 5/22/2016 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Where do I start? Maybe with my newly red hair that used to be bleached blonde and badly chemically damaged. Once I went from blonde to red, my main priority was to get my hair back into good condition. I had read about coconut oil and was skeptical, but I ran it through my hair one evening before bed. Since then, I have used it on multiple occasions, usually when I am going to be wearing my hair up. I slather this into the roots and tips and then secure my hair in a bun. This has not repaired my hair, but it has made one hell of a difference. Now when I wash and dry my hair, it looks and feels a lot softer. When I blow dry my hair, I use John Frieda serum, but between washes, I apply coconut oil. Cheap, effective and the smell isn't bad either!