Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Extra Virgin Coconut OilExtra Virgin Coconut OilExtra Virgin Coconut OilExtra Virgin Coconut Oil

4.4

Extra-virgin coconut oil.

on 4/13/2018 3:53:00 AM

I haven't had the courage to use this on my acne prone skin, but my hair loves it!! I used other hair oils before (argan, jojaba, castor, avocado), but nothing compares to the amazing power of coconut oil, which leaves my hair in shiny, smooth, touchably soft, bouncy and healthy. I ran out a few months ago and just noticed that I have more split ends than in the past, so I'm going to run out to the store and pick some up ASAP. It's also great for a ton of other things - cooking, massage oil etc.

3-24-18 So after using this a week, it did help with my breakouts but it was drying me out too much. Stopped using it

I have been using this for a week now. Lots of hormonal breakouts lately and this is really helping. I have super sensitive skin. Not causing breakouts and even unclogging my pores! i am using this at night and a little in the morning prior to my moisturizer. Nothing has helped with my breakouts but this!

on 2/23/2018 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A must have. I use it to remove my makeup. It dissolves my water proof mascara without wrecking my lashes. It does not sting my eyes or irritate my skin. I haven't had any breakouts from this. I keep a small tub in the shower to remove my makeup. Then I wash my face with cleanser and my clarisonic. No oil is left behind. Make sure you buy extra virgin coconut oil. A medium sized jar probably lasts me about a year. I like to buy them at T.J Maxx. I can get a jar for about $10. I'll never use anything else. This is works so well and is so cheap I cannot justify buying any another cleansing balm.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love fancy, elegant beauty products, but more often than not, the plain jane, unexciting, common, and inexpensive ones work the best. Coconut oil is one of the latter.

After discovering the double cleanse method for my skin, I tried a number of products for the first step. None worked better for me than coconut oil. Nothing soothes my dehydrated , sensitive, rosacea prone skin better than this oil. No other product removes makeup more effectively.

At night, when I do my first step of the double cleanse, I massage this oil into my skin and let it dissolve my makeup. I remove it with a Kleenex, and move onto my second step using CeraVe foaming facial cleanser. My skin feels clean and soft and ready for the next treatment steps in my nighttime routine.

One thing I didn't realize when I purchased my first jar of coconut oil is that it is solid and hard if the room it is in is on the cooler side. When this occurs, I run my blow dryer over the surface for a couple of seconds and pour out the resulting liquid in my hand and use it.

Coconut oil may not be a glamourous beauty product, but it is one of my favorites.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

GIRL I put this in my bath to hydrate my skin and it gave me a UTI, never again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I use coconut oil to remove eye makep. I use other products for my face but it works wonderfully on my eyes. Its gentle and thorough, even when I’ve used a primer or cream eyeshadow, both seem to be immune to regular cleansers. I put it into a small jar cause I don’t have room for a full jar in the bathroom, and it lasts forever.

on 10/22/2017 12:08:00 PM

I heard that coconut oil could help with acne-I got welts of painful cystic acne within days. If you have acne prone skin, I would not recommend.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

AMAZING, HOLY GRAIL, JESUS IS REAL, MADE ME BELIEVE IN MIRACLES need I say more? I have dry skin and this shizz right here is like a prayer answered, coconut oil does everything, not only can you eat it because of the health benefits, you can rub it all over your body day and night every day without feeling the guilt of parabens and chemicals, you can use it to make your own organic toothpaste, you can use it to make a hair mask, you can even use it on furniture. I first noticed the miracle of coconut oil when I used a body wash with it as an ingredient, all of a sudden after one shower my cuticles looked shinier and my nails seemed to gleam, strange, I thought. I used this every single day for years, a little goes a long way, the cheapest one in a glass bottle I could find is at Trader Joe's for around $6 I figured why buy anything too pricey since I'm using it as a lotion. Did I mention that coconut oil also smells somewhat like toasted marshmallows? It always smells like summer to me, I love it!

on 10/1/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

For reference, I am in my mid 40's with fair, dry, sensitive skin that only breaks out once a month (wink wink). I have one wrinkle on my forehead and the beginnings of crow's feet around my eyes.

This is my second go round with trying this method, and this time my skin fared much better. The difference being in the type of coconut oil I used. The first time I tried it, I used just whatever coconut oil we had on hand in the house that I used in my candy making recipes. Coconut oil is coconut oil, right? WRONG. That stuff broke me out horribly, and my skin is super dry and thirsty. I thought people who used coconut oil were just downright nuts or had skin that could tolerate sand paper. That was 2 years ago.

A few weeks ago, it was about time to reorder my DHC cleansing oil (HG product for me), and when I went to reorder it I noticed the price had increased yet again. It was in the spirit of trying to be budget conscious that I decided to give coconut oil a second chance. This time, however, I used cold pressed, extra virgin, organic coconut oil instead of "whatever's the cheapest." I can honestly say I understand the hype now. My skin is MUCH more hydrated, smoother in texture, and the monthly gifts that I usually receive were actually lessened when I started using this. Not sure if it's the anti-bacterial properties in coconut oil or if it's because my skin was breaking out due to lack of proper hydration; whatever the reason, I'll happily take the results.

As for *how* I use this, I use it the same way I use DHC cleansing oil: I apply it to dry skin with dry hands (emulsify it in your hands first) and then remove with warm water on a soft cloth (I use Norwex facial cloths, love love love 'em). Through trial and error, I learned that for makeup removal (yes, I wear a full face with layers of primer and sealer all over the place plus heavy duty mascara) I need a blob about a dime to nickel size in diameter. Anything larger will be too hard to remove and leave too much residue on my face. Less is more is the idea here, so I try to use just enough to break up the makeup on my face and cut through the mascara with about 20 seconds of rubbing it around. Removal is harder than with DHC. I have to wipe my face more times to make sure all of the makeup and oil is removed. However, once removed, my face is amazingly soft and smooth (not oily), like it's already had good quality serum and moisturizer applied.

After I remove my makeup at night, I apply HA (I use Hada Labo HA) and allow it to absorb. I follow that with Estee Lauder ANR, then I apply about a pea-sized to dime sized amount of coconut oil on my face and neck. Depending on my mood (haha), I will sometimes put a layer of Clinique Repairwear cream on top of the coconut oil. I rub any excess oil into my hands and cuticles.

If my face suddenly breaks out in cystic acne, I will certainly change my review, but for right now I am pretty pleased to have found not only a cheaper substitute but IMO a superior replacement for my DHC cleansing oil. I'm hoping the trend continues, as my skin and my wallet both appreciate it.

on 6/5/2017 8:31:00 AM

This review is for use on your skin, and it's a big NO from me! I was trying to make the move to more natural skincare products and after reading a good review about the coconut oil cleansing method, I decided to try it for myself. I simply applied the oil to my face and then wiped it off with a hot wash cloth. It does get full marks for removing makeup and left my skin lightly moisturised. However, after a couple of days I started to see spots appearing on my face. I stopped using it immediately and my skin cleared up. I think this oil is too much for your face and blocks pores, if you suffer from acne or oily skin I would definitely think twice before using this on your face.