44%
package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I bought this in medium and it would be great if I was just a little bit tanner. I don't think they make it any more, so I guess I'll never know if the lighter shade would work for me. I do like the idea of a non-foundation foundation, though. I feel like I got oily quicker with this, though. One other thing I didn't like about this product was a very chemical-like smell, like motor oil or something.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

As the reviewer below said, I'm just not understanding the hate for this! I love it and have repurchased twice. Okay, so the formula is a little confusing - i get that. It feels rather oily, especially if you swatch it with your finger...yet despite that, it's actually oil-free. I use my SKG in two different ways - firstly as a lightweight, sheer foundation with a dusting of powder over the top to set it (yes, you WILL need to set it, otherwise you will look shiny, regardless of skin type!) and secondly, as a primer underneath another foundation (this helps neutralize my face and eliminate any redness or discoloration and just general seems to make my foundation go on better and lasts much longer. My one bit of advice to you, and this is what turned me in to a convert - ditch the sponge! Apply it with a stippling brush - I swear you'll see a ton of difference! The sponge just eats up the product and doesn't seem to transfer properly on to your face at all xo

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I don't understand why people are being so negative about this product! It's amazing! I have a combo skin that is medium toned and this product is just a life saver! I apply this with a beauty blender and then over it I apply powder. It gives me just enough coverage and leaves my skin smooth and silky, the product is very oily when on your finger but when applied to your face it becomes silky and smooth just like the porefessional expect its a cream formula!! If you have severe acne or just a lot of acne this is not enough coverage as it is a lightweight, it gives just enough coverage to the girls who have little spots and zits now and then but otherwise perfect skin I love this and I am definitely going to buy more!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

5 years ago

This product is VERY greasy and oily and does not offer very good coverage. I hate the consistency. It's not even creamy--it's oily. I am glad I did not buy the big size. I got it in a trial kit and will not be purchasing it again.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I'm actually writing a good review of this! I bought it on a whim because I remember liking it eons ago. Now that I'm well-versed in foundations...I still like it. I have standard light skin, and the "Lite" shade matches me perfectly, no small feat. Maybe because of the little pigment. It's a neutral light shade, and as long as you don't put tons on it shouldn't be ghostlike. Medium was definitely too dark for me. It has moderate coverage, and as long as I put moisturizer (Shiseido) on my dry spots, it doesn't look flaky. I do have oily skin, though. I had a shine at the end of the day, but I always do. But the shine didn't make it cakey-looking. I applied it with a dry Sephora sponge (I don't like the sponge it came with). The only bad thing is that at the end of the day my face felt greasy, even though it wasn't. Not sure what to make of that. And it was a little hard to blend. Overall, I will definitely use, but probably not as much as my Skin79 BB cream, which is closest to my HG.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

6 years ago

I used this product when I was in my late teens I'm now 26! But at the time I didn't need a lot of coverage as I didn't suffer the same issues I have with my skin now! It gave me a natural looking coverage without being too heavy! I dont think I'd use it now but for someone with clear skin or someone who's a bit younger this could be a really good option!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

1.0

6 years ago

Another foundation disappointment from Benefit. It made my face SO oily, settles into pores, and runs all over the place. I adore Benefit cosmetics, but I haven't found one foundation from them that doesn't make my face feel like an oil slick!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

from

6 years ago

I wanted to use this as my lazy day quick foundation. I found that it's very obvious and powdery which is nice if you want to photoshoot or something similar but it's horrible on those needed lazy days because it's too obvious. I also found it too small. It only last very few uses despite it's $50+ cost. Not worth the money for the amount of applications.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Kinky, Fine

EyesBlack

from

6 years ago

Much like Bo-ing! I find this product too oily and think on your skin. Good coverage but I find it almost impossible to not look cakey wearing this.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

6 years ago

I don't really know where to begin. If I could give this a zero, I would. It's a very greasy formula which is really horrible to apply. It feels like applying a thick oil on your skin and it just sort of sits there... until it inevitably slides away that is. In my oily areas, this actually congealed. This looks horrific, as you can imagine. It offers almost zero coverage and doesn't build at all. Rather like applying oil to oil... it just melts into a big puddle on your face. So bad, I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy...

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral