4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

Ditto what pancakehead said. FYI, I just compared the ingredients on By Terry's site, and the Light-Expert Click Brush Liquid Foundation is almost identical. I'm going to try it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

By Terry have, tragically, discontinued this, my GOAT base. It was everything I could have ever wanted: sheer but blurring, insanely glowy with no sparkle, smoothing, faded gracefully throughout the day without ever caking or settling into fine lines or pores. Detractors may have said it was too heavily perfumed: true, but my skin tolerated it and so I forgave it its excesses on that front. I have no idea why the brand have done this though I have noticed that they don't promote it and they reformulated its sister, Cover Expert, about a year ago with disastrous results. I suspect the formulations and effect were too similar to the MUCH more expensive Densiliss, and they decided to remove these from circulation to boost their profit margins (as if £45 was too cheap in the first place--I'm sorry, I'm not paying £80 for Densiliss, I don't care how good it is). You might be able to tell I'm raging about this! Hit me up with any dupes you've found, meanwhile I'm going to quietly mourn my loss.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for me. I break out every time I use it. The finish is quite nice, very natural and sheer, light coverage. The fragrance is quite strong at first but once you get used to it, it doesn't bother much.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

2 years ago

This is skin in a tube. Period. It applies beautifully. It's like a whipped cream texture that completely and seamlessly blends into my skin. I have it in the lightest shade 1 and it matches me perfectly (I have very light skin). The smell is a bit too strong at first but it dissipates after some time. It stays on nicely. I apply in the morning and don't have to think about it the whole day. I just love the packaging: tubes are very convenient. Nothing leaks from it and I can cut it open to get every last bit out. It is expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

A sheer to medium coverage foundation that looks quite natural on the skin. It gives the skin a luminous glow - not the dewy kind. I have this in the shade 3, which is an ok match for my skin. The undertone is more neutral than beige. I feel that the foundation actually gets a bit brighter just after applying before settling to a more luminous glow half an hour after application. I used it with a matte primer underneath to extend the wear time, especially around my forehead and nose. It fades a bit after 8 hours, though bearing in mind I work in a hospital so it can get quite drying. On days off, I find it does last 8 hours with minimal fading. It fades off quite nicely, my blemishes are peeking through but nothing too drastic. Not sure how it would be for dry skin, but I currently have a bit of a dry area around my nose. This foundation is not drying nor hydrating for dry patches I find. Doesn't cling onto dry patches too bad for now, though if they are really bad any foundation would highlight them! I also wear powder on top of this foundation, and it doesn't diminish the glow too much. I prefer foundations that have sheer to medium coverage, but makes my skin look glowing and healthy. This foundation does all of that. However, like many other reviewers have mentioned, the smell of this foundation is very strong. It smells like roses(?) Lingers around for half an hour also. Everytime I put it on I think 'wow thats a strong smell', but it wouldn't put me off buying this foundation. I had this in a sample and loved it so when to get a full size bottle. Not sure how well the tube packaging is for this, however in the pot which had the sample foundation in, it was a bit liquidy. And its really expensive. Like £45 expensive. Plus the expiry date is apparently 6 months from opening. Who am I kidding!? I will never finish a foundation in 6 months, as I am going through around 6-7 foundations at the moment. Currently really like this foundation. May consider repurchasing if it works for me over winter!

About reviewer (98 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Other

EyesBlack

3 years ago

This is my absolute favorite foundation of all time - the finish is second to none. It gives the most perfect, natural, healthy, "lit from within" glow to the skin. There are absolutely zero visible particles, but it still makes you look healthy, blurred and even. It is the most realistic "real skin" foundation I've ever come across (and I've tried many). I wouldn't recommend it for oily types - it shows it's true potential on normal to slightly dry skin, but can be tweaked for combination to dry with proper skin preparation. It looks best on the skin that doesn't have many textural imperfections. It won't cover raised blemishes on its own, but it's amazing at covering redness, discoloration and other imperfections which are at the skin surface level. I absolutely adore it. If you have relatively good/normal/slightly dry skin, and you're looking for a light, natural, skin-like foundation that will cover your redness and make your skin look like a million dollars, look no further.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

4 years ago

I am so darn old that I no longer not want to look as if I have flawless skin. Imperfections, some wrinkles and some sun spots are what I have earned, I do not want coverage that leaves me old-glamorous and perfect, but I do look for an undetectable foundation that has improved me to some degree.Older women who look untouched by time always seem to me to be advertising their make-up. You know the look. By Terry's Sheer Expert is a recent discovery that I hestitated over, as it is expensive, and the name made me wonder if it was going to do anything at all. It does, believe me. It produces, for me, exactly what I was looking for, that famous no-make-up foundation look that evens skin tone, covers blotches, does not settle in wrinkles, and is neither mat nor dewy. It also lasts, giving you sheer/medium coverage that does not change, at least on my dry skin. I also am a fan of Chantecaille Future Skin, but this gem is in a tube, portable, buildable, wonderful. I recommend it highly; it is pricey but worth it.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age

SkinDry

HairSilver

3.0

4 years ago

I had this recommended to me after I was speaking to the Mecca consultant about issues I had with foundations showing dry patches. I like MAC Face and Body, which is great for dry skin, but I find the finish can leave my skin looking a bit dull (I'm a C3), and otherwise I use BB creams because the emolliency works really nicely on my dryish skin. The consultant recommended this foundation to me and the colour was perfect (#9 Honey Beige) and the finish was really lovely. I'd say it's a satin finish and doesn't feel like you've got anything on. It's a bit pricey, but I'm happy to invest in good bases if it makes my skin look amazing. Does have a slight lingering smell to it which is hard to describe, it's not perfume but something else. The coverage is fairly sheer, which was fine for me because I don't have too much to cover. Ultimately I'm just after something that evens out the skin tone and makes it look healthy; anything else I just cover with concealer. After using this foundation for a while, I found it was great when my skin was behaving, but when my skin got a bit dry and flakey the foundation really highlighted it. Eventually I stopped using this foundation because of the way it emphasised any dryness in my skin. Shame because it's otherwise a very nice foundation.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I bought this once and used the whole tube but was looking forward to it running out and going back to my usual Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (shade B10, which is perhaps slightly pale for me). I had this in no. 3 Cream Beige and for some reason the first time I had it, I wasn't so keen. It was lighter coverage than I'd hoped, and I found it made me too shiny, rather than dewy, and definitely not velvety/powdery as other reviewers have commented. The colour match was great, however, and it feels lovely on the face, not heavy at all and kind of smooth? ANYWAY, for some reason I was still searching for my perfect foundation (even though there was nothing really wrong with Chanel one) and a year later I decided to try this one again - whenever I looked at photos from the time I was using this my skin looked great. The first time round, it was the moisturiser (Embyrollisse) I was using was that was contributing to the shine I wasn't keen on, and I had the wrong shade of concealer at the time also. (Moved from NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer from Chantilly (too white/ashy) to Vanilla). Basically, with a bit of good concealer and good moisturiser this really is a beautiful foundation. I really want to try it with a blurring/longevity improving primer too (thinking of the YSL one) as I think it could look literally flawless. Saying that, one of the best things about this foundation is the way it sort of melts off/into the skin-- it doesnt separate or group or oxidise, it elegantly fades! I think it is kind of comparable to Charlotte Tilbury's Light Wonder, but this is less full on shiny, wears for longer, and has slightly more coverage -- to me a slightly more refined version. TL; DR: This is a beautiful foundation, I would describe the finish as satin-y/ dewy, with a light to medium coverage. Also, I really have not noticed the smell other reviewers have mentioned!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

5 years ago

The most amazing foundation known to man lol. This is truly invisible, it's AMAZING. I use shade 3 and it blends in to be a perfect match. It's very light and seems concentrated in some way, so a tiny tiny bit goes a very long way. Yes, it's expensive as hell, but because it's perfection who can argue about price? The only downfall? I wish they had packaged this in a different type of tube or even a bottle. Also, like all by Terry face products, the smell. Ewww. But it dissipates quickly so I can live with it to have absolutely perfect skin. I will repurchase this forever. Holy Grail.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age44-55