Colorescience lip polish

No Image

4.1

on 7/27/2011 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product - it doesn't creep into the little lines around my mouth and I can put a regular lipstick on top of it and that also doesn't creep into the lines. plus the colors - the pink and coral are lively and uplifting.

on 6/26/2010 4:02:00 PM

very sophisticated polish - it pigments your lips instead of dying - it's quite lovely. I wish they would bring back "Seduction" my favorite color.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after trying almost the whole range of lipsticks and stains that should stay-put for hours. It goes on shiny and then dries to a matte finish. But is does stay on all day. The first week I used this, it did seem to dry out my lips, but after that week, my lips don't feel dry. I think it slowly exfoliates the dry skin off your lips and maybe that is why your lips feel dry for the first couple of uses. There is a wide range of colors and coordinating liners and I would definitely buy this again.

on 11/29/2007 4:17:00 PM

Overall I like this product. It stays on well but the drawback is that it does tend to dry out my lips a little even though they claim it doesn't. Like the colors though. I really like the Colorescience Lip Candy Glaze better. That doesn't dry my lips out.

on 11/17/2007 12:38:00 PM

I read reviews above and have to say that you have to apply lip polish on dry clean lips, if your lips are not smooth or you have lip gloss leftovers, the polish will not look good. You should apply it and let it set, don't rub your lips together.
I love it because sometimes I have meetings when I have to talk and talk for hours. Regular lipstick wears off so quickly and I always have to touch up my lips, but with Colorescience lip polish my lips look fresh and nice for a very long time.

on 5/24/2007 4:07:00 AM

I saw the negative review (only one) and felt I had to write. I actually love this product. It is more of a stain than a polish and so the name might be misleading. If you are expecting a gloss, that is not what is. Also there are a full range of colors and the color that I bought is absolutely gorgeous. I think it is called betrayl. It is a very natural color and basically just adds color to my lips. It also lasts for hours and hours.

If you have wanted to try a mineral based lip stain, this is a good product. The only criticism I have is it does feel a bit dry. I live in a very hot climate and often feel like I want lip balm on anyhow. So I think I will wear the lip polish with a balm over it.

I love the little container and it goes on really well so that you don't even need a lip liner. It has a pull out brush that is small enough that you can apply it perfect. It looks shiny at first but it dries to a matte shiny surface. I do not have lines in my lips that show up more at all like the other review. Maybe her lips were dry or the color was bad for her.

I hope a few other people review it so I can see what they say. The most important thing is you try this is don't expect a lush moisturizing lipstick or gloss. That isn't what it is supposed to be.

on 8/28/2006 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yucckk!! I bought this at my derm's office as they had a basketful on sale. I can see why - it is horrible. I put it on in a restaurant after eating and then went into a MAC makeup store. When I looked in the mirror, I almost shrieked!!! This was a bright, fuschia color (tickled pink) which made the lines in my lip look 10 X's deeper and it looked like it had sucked into my lips and dried them out like dessert sand. OMG...they looked horrible. I immediately took a swipe of a sample gloss to cover up the disaster. Wheww,,,
felt normal again!