Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Aphogee  Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

4.5

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

My hair: very long naturally black hair that has been ombred and dyed dark twice all within a year

Application: the product was awkward to apply because I had a small amount because I purchased a sample pack. Going forward, I would purchase the full bottle and a squeeze bottle for easier application. Once I applied the product to my hair I combed it through with a wide-tooh comb and blowdried it on medium heat for about 30 minutes. I then rinsed it out and could feel the difference in my hair as I was washing it.

Results: I let my hair air dry naturally and was surprised to see that my hair was very wavy, similar to what it looked like when I was younger. My hair definitely is a lot better and when I rub the ends it doesn't sound as crunchy as it did before. I cannot say with certainty that the product caused this, but my hair does look a bit lighter in colour. Overall, I would buy this again.

This is a review for the two minute treatment. This stuff really works on my fine, slightly thinning, greasy yet dehydrated and damaged hair as a weekly treatment. I have used it both with and without a hot towel and noticed the difference. Most conditioning treatments weigh my hair down but not this one. I apply a large egg size amount to my just washed and towel dried shoulder length hair, all the way down almost from the scalp to the ends, then widetooth comb through very quickly and put up in a hot towel, turban style. I am amazed at how much of a difference this product makes: shiny, silky and manageable with no hint of residue and not a split end in sight. The price is fantastic too. I will of course re-purchase.

on 5/12/2013 10:05:00 PM

This is my first time ever!!!! Reviewing a product., but after giving this treatment a try I just had to!
My hair was so mushy and in really bad shape after a "professional" added some highlights. My hair was like rubber when wet!!! Super dry....
This product is amazing, after only one application I saw incredible improvement in my hair condition.. My hair felt soft and shine.. If you have really damage hair this is a product you must try.

on 1/11/2012 10:40:00 PM

Love love love this! I decided to go blonde for the summer and left my hair with split ends, dry, breaking, everything horrible! I started to use a clarifying shampoo then use this as a daily conditioner. Gave me HUGE results! My hair is dark again and so much softer!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product really is great. It stopped the breakage I had and instantly made my hair feel a million times healthier. I use this every couple of days in place of my regular conditioner. I bought this product really cheap at Sallys. The only downside is it tends to make my hair somewhat greasy but then again that could just be because I sometimes put too much on so I dont want to blame the product per say.

on 10/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

Awesome product! I bleached my dark hair to a very light blonde recently a few times now...I noticed that my hair was breaking a lot at the ends so I decided to give this product a try. My result are fabulous! I love this treatment... it smells great does leave your hair soft, shiny, and less breakage. I recommend this product if you have over processed hair. Definatley will buy again!

on 3/22/2011 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Awesome product! I love it!! Aphogge 2 Minute Keratin Treatment left my hair super super soft, shiney, bouncey smooth and fuller. Yesterday was my secound time using it and I can see a HUGE differnece from the first time I used it, my hair is fuller after the second use, It looks like salon statis.. I'm very please and I will be using this product every week, my hair loves protein. I'm so excited about this product because after getting a relaxer in Nov; and than again in Jan; my hair was not in the best of health, it's now March and Aphogee has made a come back for me and I am so greatful. I washed my hair the first time, I used this Keratin for 2 minutes, then I used a Deep Conditioner it came out preety nice... But the second time I washed my hair with Aphogee damaged har shampoo and I used only the keratin treatment but left it on my hair for 10 minutes instead of 2 minutes and then sprayed my hair with Aphogge Keartin Green Tea spray.. love the results.. would recommend this to all with over processed hair, thin hair, breakage..

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first purchased the Aphogee Keratin Treatment in a sample size a few months ago and I loved it. The sample size (it says) is good for two treatments, but I have very thick hair and only got one small use out of it. I loved what it did for me! I've been dying my hair once or twice a month (yes I know it's bad for my hair, but I like to do it) since I was thirteen or fourteen and I'm almost twenty-two, so my hair is generally in pretty bad condition. I've used just about every protein treatment there is, but this is the only product I've found that actually makes my hair look healthy. I got some shine back, my hair has way less breakage and even my scalp feels so much better. Even if your hair isn't as damaged, I think this will be a great product for most people.

My only problem, really, is with the packaging. The treatment is very thick and I generally have to shake and tap the bottle quite a bit to get any of the product out, but the payoff is worth it.

on 9/12/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the Aphogee 2 minute conditioner. This conditioner works wonders and is very competitively priced. In terms of protein condtioners, I have this and Aveda Damage Remedy. Both work well, but Aphogee wins out due to the price point. It is amazing what you get for your money with this conditioner. I don't use it as a "2 minute condtioner". I use it a twice a week deep conditioner. I mix it with EVOO, EVCO and peppermint essential oil and sit under the hair dryer for about 20 minutes. I follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner and my hair is perfect. It feels both moisturized and strong.
If you are looking for a moderate protein treatment, head over to Sally's and buy Aphogee!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I damaged my hair badly using the chi iron daily. This rescued my hair and I can always tell the difference in my hair when I run out of it.