Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 7/22/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like Essie products, they're pigmented and smooth and dry fairly quickly but not really quickly. I got this topcoat after seeing it being used by every nail blogger, friend, family member, basically anyone who painted nails used this stuff. On a whim at Wal-Mart I picked it up for close to $10 CAD. When I got home I used it and it was O.K. It dried quickly and didnt really smear too much. The next day, I knew I made a mistake. My entire nail full of polish peeled clean off... I took a shower and after the shower they all popped right off. It's really thin and watery in the bottle and applies as so on the nails.

10/10 would NEVER repurchase. I'd rather get NYC or Wet-N-Wild and atleast save a few bucks for the same quality.

on 6/18/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Bottom line: this gave me the shiniest top coat that dried the quickest, the hardest over the four top coats below. If I don't use a good base coat I will get sheeting. There is some slight shrinkage if I'm not careful to wrap the tips well. I've tried the below, all side by side as comparsion to Essie.

Essie Good to Go. This had by far the highest glass like glossy sheen that lasted. And it dried the hardest, the quickest. Unlike the other brands I tried, I couldn't even dig my nail to make a dent or scratch if I wanted to. I went camping with a two day old mani and I didn't get any chips until the second day of camping and it was pretty minimal. I've noticed, oddly, that Essie GTG does not work well with Essie colors for me, it chips pretty quickly. With other brands (even cheap ones) I've had 4-5 days chip free, easily.

Rock Top Coat just doesn't cure for me, so that was returned.

SH Mega Shine went on nicely and dried completely. I was severely disappointed with the shine! And it left some minor brush strokes.

SH 4-in-1 Moisture Treatment--just not a good top coat despite that one of the "4" uses is a top coat. It was not quick drying and chipped almost immediately.

Revlon Gel Envy. Provides long wear, but the color range is paltry and I found the top coat dulls after a few days.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

You cannot go wrong with this top coat. It dries super fast and leaves amazing shine. Just bought my second bottle this year!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This top coat is SUPER fast and makes nails so shiny! That's all I have to say, really. Super fast and super shiny.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow! Hello glossy nails! My nails dry faster & last so much longer! A bit pricey but lasts long and is worth it. Purchase this!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I got this after having no luck with SV. I just couldn't get it to work for me. I love the way this smooths over small mistakes and leaves a glossy finish. I personally prefer a small brush in my polishes bc of the way my nail bed lays in my fingers. Sounds weird, but trust me haha. It is kinda thick but not as thick as SV. I apply it like any other top coat and have no issues with gooping, brush streaks, or bubbling. I've had a mani last a wk with this tho I usually change my polish after 3-4 days. It dries everything rock solid really quickly and I don't have to worry about when or how I apply it. I'm glad I bought this and I will definitely buy it again. P.S. I also use the Essie Grow Stronger base coat which I love too!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this last week and I applied it 5 days ago, and looking at my nails right now they are looking pretty great! There is just slight chipping on the ends of my nails on my right hand cause I use it the most, and the left hand is still in perfect condition! I am very surprised! Because the nail polish I use "Essie Fiji" normally cracks and chips within a few days, however its the fifth day and they look really good. Infact all I need to do is just swipe a little bit of nail polish on the ends cause they are so tiny! I am very happy! And I do use my hands alot, I am required to type alot and lots of paperwork and filing and other office work and they look awesome.
And the best thing about this is that my nails were dried in like 3 minutes. Normally I have to wait 30 minutes for it to be completely dried, but in just a few minutes it was COMPLETELY dried.
I can't say much about the polish turning goopy and hard because I just bought it, but I will update my review if it does get to that point.
But for now I would most definitely repurchase this! :)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

It has a great shine for the first few days(like two days). That is the only good thing for me. It does not prevent chipping. It cracks after like four days. It smells like feet until it dries (my brothers stinky gym socks). Its watery and thin. Its not that great for me, but it wasn't completely terrible.Afterall it does dry sort of fast. Maybe my standards are too high after using Out the Door :/

on 1/29/2011 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is probably the best fast drying top coat I have used so far. I previously used the Sally Hansen drops, but this Essie one blows Sally out of the water. Nail polish dries very quickly (as in dry to touch within 2 minutes), and keeps them looking shiny and new.

The only negative is that I think it makes my polish chip off much faster than usual.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This sucks. It doesnt give that great of a shine and It made my polish chip in literally a day. It only cost me three bucks at this nail supply store, but I think it's like 8 or 9 dollars. don't waste your time. Im looking for the receipt as we speak. =\