Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 7/22/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like Essie products, they're pigmented and smooth and dry fairly quickly but not really quickly. I got this topcoat after seeing it being used by every nail blogger, friend, family member, basically anyone who painted nails used this stuff. On a whim at Wal-Mart I picked it up for close to $10 CAD. When I got home I used it and it was O.K. It dried quickly and didnt really smear too much. The next day, I knew I made a mistake. My entire nail full of polish peeled clean off... I took a shower and after the shower they all popped right off. It's really thin and watery in the bottle and applies as so on the nails.

10/10 would NEVER repurchase. I'd rather get NYC or Wet-N-Wild and atleast save a few bucks for the same quality.

on 10/31/2014 11:09:00 PM

Compared to Seche Vite:

Pros:
- hasn't become as gloopy, easier to apply and applies thinner
- brush is more accurate
- less peeling

Similar:
- high shine
- smooths out nail surface and a few mishaps during polish application

on 7/17/2014 11:18:00 PM

Pros:
Dries very quickly, probably one of the fastest you can get at the drugstore
Good brush

Cons:
Gets goopy halfway
Not really chip-proof
Price (subjective, I think that $8-9 is pretty steep)

Great when its new but gets goopy and unworkable with very quickly.

on 11/14/2012 1:14:00 PM

I think a good topcoat is a must have in every nail art/ polish lover (whatever you call it haha). The colour can be really difficult to work with, it streaks, uneven, brush strokes when you apply the colour. But with a good topcoat, everything is gone, the manicure SHINES, and it sometimes even enhances the look of one. Amazing when you think about it.

And so, I am finishing up my third bottle. What I really liked is the shine it gives, I think it gives the best shine compared to the other good topcoats I've used. Also, what I've mentioned above, I bought some polishes that were really hard to work with, cheap, but streaks like mad. I liked the colours though, so I went ahead and applied it to my nails. Ugly, at first. I just put on a layer of essie good to go, and every imperfection is gone. I can't see the uneven surfaces, the streaks or brushstrokes. Yay.

The shine lasts too, its quite chip resistant, drying time quite fast, overall a really nice topcoat to own.

The thing i really don't like about essie is their small brush. Sometimes i find it difficult to apply with such a small brush as it does not pick up enough amount to spread around the whole nail. And its easier to smudge or drag any nail art design as need to go over with the brush multiples times. If it had OPI's wide brush, really it would be perfect to me.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best Top Coat on the market. A lot of people rave about Seche Vite (despite of its warning labels), but I believe this top coat does not get enough credit. It dries quickly, adds extra shine and clears up any imperfections on the nail. This is my HG!!!!!!!!! I am already on my second bottle!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This top coat is SUPER fast and makes nails so shiny! That's all I have to say, really. Super fast and super shiny.

The best top coat ever! It dries incredibly fast and the waiting time is no more than 5 minutes. It makes your nail polish look smooth, shiny, and it covers up the streaks if you made any. I'm so glad I found out about this top coat. I will buy this over and over again because it's just that amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow! Hello glossy nails! My nails dry faster & last so much longer! A bit pricey but lasts long and is worth it. Purchase this!

on 7/5/2012 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First time I used it- First Impressions,
1. Not to thick, not too thin, perfect consistency! I usually like thicker topcoats, because the thinner ones drip off my nails onto my skin.
2. No bubbles!:) The last topcoat i was using was sally hansen diamond shine. It was shiny as it promised, but bubbled soo much. Super unattractive.
3. This top coat dries SO fast.
4. Super shiny.
5. It made my polish last a bit longer, which i love, because I'm super impatient and I have this inner turmoil with doing my nails. I really love doing them, but i feel as though they're a complete waste of time cause after a week they're gone!
Anyways, this is a great topcoat (I think i just found my holy grail topcoat!)

on 6/3/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this cute little top coat! It dries so fast, it looks amazing. It made my semi-holo polish look even more holo, which is unheard of (usually top coat demolishes holographic polishes). I painted my nails and then slapped on a thin coat of this liquid amazingness and saw no chips for a week and a half (I like to capitalize on my manis!) and the shine was enhanced from the minute I put it on.

Will I keep buying this? YES. As long as they don't change the formula. Seriously, it baffles me that people had a hard time with this. I love it!

Also, big-3 free! Seche Vite always holds a special place in my heart but it can't tout the safety this one has.