Orly Beverly Hills Plum

4.4

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I think the name must be some kind of inside joke. This is a sheer orange polish that gets deeper orange as it's layered. I love it, and I almost missed it because of the name. (I don't wear the color "plum" well.) I was so confused I looked up the color "plum" in Wikipedia, and it said, "very dark purple". In any case this is beautiful. It's my favorite for a French manicure!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is NOT the colour most people think of when they hear "plum" i.e. not at all purple. It's sheer coral, more like the colour of red plums, or plum flesh, as in:

Or strawberry as another reviewer said.

I love it! A great sheer "pink" for warmer-toned skin, nice texture, good shine. One coat "lifts" the pink in my nails without actually looking like any colour has been added, two coats give a definite sheer pink gloss and look better (imho) with a little whitener under the tip.

Perfect for at-home French manicures.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I completely agree with the review by "shrieking_madwoman". I purchased is to use in a french manicure, but it is far too dark pinky-red for my fair skin. I could see this polish working really well on someone with olive skin or darker... Just not on fair skin (for a classic french manicure). The formula was sort of jelly-ish, but not altogether unpleasant. I do like the Orly bottle as well.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not quite pink enough...much more plum. I was looking for a nice soft pink french manicure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another gorgeous french mani color. This is a light plum jelly. Very nice for a classic look. This isn't pink though, so if you're looking for a sheer classic pink, this isn't it. This is very much so a plum color.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love this color. Imma minimalist and this foots the bill perfectly. Clear but not clear - the perfect my nails but better look. Not sure where the "jelly like" description came from, I am not seeing that consistency at all, to me it goes on just like regular polish and one coat works great for me. I think this looks great on short nails AND even toes! Love love love.

this is the gorgeous jelly pink color i've been searching for!! i'm on my second bottle...this stuff is my new hg nail color. Perfect by itself or for french mani's. LOVE it!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice color for those fast and easy manicures. Its very classically beautiful. Very elegant and looks better on longer nails IMO.

Beautiful, sheer coral jelly! It looks nothing like the pictures online. It's very girly and not some bright red.

The only complaint is that the formula can be a little tricky to work with. Since it's more like a jelly consistency and not watery like regular clear polish it could get a bit tacky too fast.. giving you clumps/streaks. I find that it's avoidable when I load up the brush well and do it in 2-3 strokes. Easier to clean a little excess than to have a clumpy nail!

Popular Polishes