Caudalie Cleansing Water

3.9

Aqua (Water), Poloxamer 184, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cocamidopropyl Butanamide Mea Chloride, Bisabolol, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride.

this is the first cleansing water i ever used. it doesn't touch my waterproof mascara, but it removes my non-waterproof mascara and face makeup easily. 1 cotton pad is enough to remove my daily eye makeup, but i do need 2 cotton pads soaked with the product to remove face makeup thoroughly (of powder foundation, blush, and highlighter). it doesn't dry out my skin, but does leave behind a film that makes me want to wash my face after using. it has a fresh slightly herbal scent that is refreshing and makes the product feel more luxurious. i would have repurchased if i didn't have drugstore alternatives like simple or garnier micellar waters. although i wouldn't repurchase because of the price point, i would happily use it again if it came in a set.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've bought this 2x now and I can say that I do love it!
I will probably be trying Bioderma next though just because I want a lot more bang for my buck - as much as this stuff is awesome and leaves my skin soft and clean without needing to use harsh soaps or water... It takes no time at all to finish. Bioderma looks like it comes with a lot more product to work with. I usually use this cleanser in the mornings and then wash my face with a more heavy duty cleanser at night. Though this works well for morning or night cleanses.

To Read all 105 Reviews, Login or Join

This is just okay. Ive recently got into cleansing waters because I figure i could save time in the mornings. I ran out of the simple cleansing water which I actually really like and do recommend. I thought I'd try this one because I've heard so much about it and I do like caudalie products in general. This cleansing water is ok I don't care much for it and I feel that since I've started using this My milia has been coming back. Now I do like how this smells it cleanses ok but I need to use so much product just to get some bb cream or tinted moisturizer off. This is very moisturizing but it leaves a thick sticky film on the skin which I can't stand just for that reason I can't repurchase. I'll either stick with the simple or try the garner waterproof one which I already purchased.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Expensive for the small amt you get; have to wash my face after because it doesnt remove all my makeup and leaves my skin tacky and dry. Smells nice. Will be returning to nordstrom.

This is a review for Caudalie micellar water / make-up remover cleansing water. It seemed nice enough, a little sticky perhaps, until I developed an allergic reaction to it after just a few uses. I wanted to like Caudalie so much, but sadly I've had allergic reactions to several of their products.

This is not for sensitive eyes but for the face it's ok for light makeup not longwear foundation its not strong enough. Its not strong enough to remove estee lauder double wear or the matching concealer, revlon colorstay or lancome teint idol...... I don't usually wear eye makeup but tried it to remove my under eye concealer and foundation around my eyes it stung and turn the skin around my eye all red. Not worth the price not effective.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wanted to try using Micellular water for cleansing for quite some time. Decided to try Caudalie based on recommendations from a Sephora SA. Just didn't work for me at all.

As a sole facial cleanser it didn't work very well when I wore make up. Took several cotton pads and swipes until a pad was clean. Then I found if I use my Clarisonic and Purity, there was still makeup residue on my Clarisonic brush. So I only started using cleansing water on my no-makeup days.

Does not do a great job of removing eye makeup either. My eyeliner and mascara were still left behind. I don't use waterproof formulas. So back to washing with Purity.

The scent lingers on the skin for awhile. It's not offensive but noticeable

As for the pro side, it did not irritate my acne prone skin. I ended up using this as a quick clean up after going to the gym, knowing that I'd be washing my face later at home. But its not as convenient like a facial wipe.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- cleans my makeup including eyeshadow and mascara
- slight scent like watered juice
- could skip cleanser in a pinch (although I always use a cleanser afterwards)

Cons:
- high price
- slight scent like watered juice (love/hate)
- does not remove waterproof mascara (still need oily base)
- still need to use face cleanser to remove tacky feeling (and just part of my routine)
- when used as a toner, leaves skin slightly tacky

Used this for a month and skin did not dry or react. At this price, can find comparable so would not repurchase but love their body oil.

(1=bad, 2=disappointing, 3=good but may find comparable others, 4=good but not holy grail, 5=one of the best or possibly irreplaceable)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I want to love Caudalie so badly. Skincare and vino are two of my favorite things. This product is meant to be applied to the face to remove traces of oil and makeup. It is not to be rinsed off. The Cleansing Water does not behave like a toner in that you don't get that icy-cold-clean skin feeling from applying it. It does not act as a makeup remover either. It can usually remove my concealer and bronzer but does not remove my eye makeup at all. Also, I really do not care for the scent. It is reminiscent of a child's juice box that has been left out in the sun. In summary, this product has no function in my beauty routine. I was excited to try it but after a year's use, I can definitely confirm that I am not a fan.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a decent product, it definitely does take off my make-up. I don't wear waterproof mascara, but I do wear the Stila stay all day eyeliner which is waterproof, and even that comes off quite easily, I just run it across the base of my eyelashes a couple times and it comes right off. As for mascara I let it sit on my closed eyes for a little bit then wipe off, it gets that off quite easily too. I don't find that I have to use multiple pads to get my makeup off, or too much of the product. With that being said I will probably stick to Bioderma and not buy this again, as Bioderma is cheaper and does the exact same thing. This is a bit pricey $28 CAD for a makeup remover. I have not found that it's done anything to improve my skin.