Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 19-24

1.9

Price: $

Price: $

pros : the color's not too pigmented for everyday wear. the applicator that comes with it is pretty decent.

cons : it tends to fade throughout the day (yes, i use a primer.) it creased on me a couple of times. the color's not very pigmented, so you need to layer it a couple of times before you get a good color payoff. i hate the cheap - looking plastic container ; IT'S SO UGLY! i might have gotten a defective one, but i had to scrape the shadow off with a tweezer then follow up with an eyeshadow brush to pick up the loose shadow.

overall : i would never buy this again. it wasn't worth my money.

My shadow compact looked exactly like the one in the picture below!! This sucks really bad, and forget about using it wet! Even when dry, the color is non-existant.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this having searched fruitlessly for hours for the right shades of green, blue and purple for my hazel-green eyes. I almost missed this little quad on the shelf but was delighted to find four useable, harmonious colours that were just what I was looking for and so well priced, just NZ$19.95. You can use these colours so many different ways, I love wetting my eyeshadow brush and using the green as an eyeliner with the pale purple on my lids. Good quality product from Maybelline I will be buying more colours soon!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Poor pigmentation, fade and crease in seconds.

Have this in "Sweet Mystique", I purchased it to use as day shadow or highlighter at night because of the cute colors which are Light Pink, Light Yellow and Light Blue.

I decided to apply the blue for the first test, at it just came out as silver. So I applied the pink on the other eye, and I can't tell the difference. They're both just silver. I am so irritated that it seems to be impossible to get any shadows from Maybelline, Cover Girl, etc that aren't just shimmer. Would never buy this again as I don't care for cheap silvery eyes.

Edited to add: I originally applied this with my favorite brush applicator and got the silver. When I used a large foam applicator I actually got some color. It was cute, but still too shimmery and silver toned.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

They may look pretty in the packaging, but it takes forever for me to get these to show up on my lids. Also, the packaging (especially for the quads) sucks. If anyone knows where I can find a decent set of neutral brown/nude eyeshadow shades, let me know, as I'm throwing these all out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I haven't used these eyeshadows in a few years, but it seems like even though they're said to be "improved" they haven't changed a bit. It seemed like no matter how much I put on I never really could see it, and I agree with the previous posters who say it was real chalky. I threw out all the ones I had.