Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

I have many of this shadows ~ Earthly Taupe, Champagne Fizz, Linen, Tranquil Sands, Silver Lining, Silken Taupe and Antique Jade. The lighter shades are actually the best highlighters that I have found.

My two favorites are Earthly Taupe and Champagne Fizz. Earthly Taupe is great for a naked matte look as an all over color wash. It works perfectly with eyeliner for a no makeup look. Champagne Fizz was a matte shade, but the newest one I purchased was shimmer, which is a total disappointment. This was may favorite brow highlight. These shades are getting harder and harder to find. It appears that Maybelline is pushing their quads vs. single shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have three of these eye shadows and I have to say they are decent. They aren't amazing, but for the price, I think they work well. I have two shimmery shades (a green and a light brown) and one matte shade (a dark brown.) I have to say that the shimmery shades seem a little easier to apply, for whatever reason. However, all of these shadows are pretty easy to blend and they are pigmented fairly well. They staying power isn't perfect, but some primer makes them last. I keep the sponge applicators that come with these, and when I really want staying power and bright color, I'll wet the applicators and then apply.
Overall, these aren't bad at all, especially for the price. I keep my matte brown shade in my purse for touch ups and it had really come in handy at times :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have TONS of eyeshadow sets, and the majority of them are from Maybelline Expert Eyes. The colors are great and show up very well; are easy to blend and work with. My favorite sets are Grey Matters, Rose Tints, Crown Jewels, and Catty Eyes (haven't seen that last one in any store in a long time though). Whenever I'm looking for a new set of eyeshadow, I usually turn to Maybelline Expert Eyes. The only faults I find with it are the packaging- the shape of the tin makes it impossible to keep them stacked neatly in my cosmetics box, and sometimes the sponge on the applicator splits in half. (The packaging is the reason I rated this a 4). The eyeshadows definitely make up for this though and are totally worth it :)

I found these at the dollar store of all places. I bought a dark teal color that I though would be pretty. This stuff doesn't have very much pigmentation, so the color showed up more of a light Jade color. Luckily I've been wanting a light color like that so I wasn't that disappointed! Not a horrible eyeshadow but there are better. I would pay a buck, but that's about it.

I got these eye shadows on sale. I bought a purple, aqua blue color, darker blue, a green, & a silver. What a waste of money! The colors look pretty but it does not show up like that on my eye. It's spotty & sheer. It takes a lot of eye shadow packed on to get some color. I was pretty disappointed . Wouldn't buy again.

You get what you pay for. You can't spend $4 on an eyeshadow and expect it to be like a mac shadow. This is a decent shadow. Sure you may have to use a little more to make it show up as well, but it does last pretty well and they do have so pretty colors. I would recommend this for a color you're not sure you'd like to try out or for someone who is a beginner to makeup.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

So, I dont know what everyone elses problem is with this product but I LOVE these shadows. I have so many of the singles and quads. They are VERY pigmented! I always apply my eyeshadows wet or with primer under them which I dont know why anyone wouldnt. Most shadow dont last very long or show up very well without a little bit of water or primer! These are extremely cheap and they work well if you apply them like i stated above. When done that way it lasts ALL day without creasing and also the color stays true! AND its so affordably that you can get alot of colors! Look out for coupons in the paper also to make them even cheaper!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i normally love all the high end brands like mac but i thought id save my money and get this. i got a really pretty shimmery white colour 2day as a highlight and i must say the colour pay off is fab im happy i got this :)

I cannot understand the glowing reviews, because this is one of the worst, if not THE absolute WORST eyeshadow I've ever used. Smooth & blendable my ass! I have the black one w/sparkles & the turquoise one, and both of them are chalky, powdery, and somehow manage to flake & get all over the place no matter how carefully I apply them. You know how some shadows harden & solidify in the pan & you have to scrape off the top layer to get any product on your brush? Yeah, these will do that after ONE USE. And when I actually manage to get any color on my lids, it transfers all over the rest of my eyelid & rubs off.

Truly, truly terrible. It's hard to screw up eyeshadow, I mean, it's just colored powder, right? How hard can it be to make decent eyeshadow? Well, obviously Maybelline can't figure it out. Don't EVER buy these shadows. If you want cheap makeup, go with Cover Girl or Jane.

Funny... the overall rating here is bad but there are a lot of shining reviews. Regardless, I HATE this eye shadow. I have the duo in "grey matters", which I bought to help me achieve a smokey eye. I have never been happy with it! The brush it comes with is crap, yes, but even with my nice brush it doesn't work well! The powder is not at all silky, very dry and doesn't go on smooth. Plus, whenever I try to put it on, WAY more product flakes and gets under my eyes than on my lids. This is especially bad with a color like grey because it makes me look like I have dark circles! Plus it's too much sparkle (and I am not normally against sparkle) with not enough pigment. The glitter is WAY too chunky and obvious, not shimmery and subtle enough. And it doesn't blend nicely!
Nothing good to say about this except that it's cheap. I will throw this out as soon as I get a new grey shadow. This is the first product I have not been worried about wasting.