Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 19-24

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

I only own one of these eye shadows cause it came with my Maybelline eyeliner for free. I have it in a black glittery color and it works alright. I don't use it often so I still have a lot but it's definitely a very cheap, dry, powdery eye shadow. It doesn't really last long and I have to make sure my eyes are very moisturized (to the point of stickiness, like with Vaseline) so that this shadow will stay on.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Good thing I bought this on clearance from Target! I got Almondine (pearl) - a light cream color. After a few uses, it turned chunky and hard. In addition to the fact that it faded just 20 min after applying, I decided that it wasn't worth it. However, today I somewhat salvaged it by using a small knifeblade to scrape the product and turn it into loose powder. Then I applied it with a wet applicator. Success!! It lasted about 3 hours before beginning to fade. Hence, SOMEWHAT salvaged. However, I won't buy again because Jane's Eye Zing in White Lies is a much better consistency and lasts a lot longer. Oh well. It was worth a try!

the colour doesn't show up. it looks nice though...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

colour doesn't really show up even when using proper brushes. you have to apply tons if you want some colour to show. not really worth it even if it is relatively cheap. i definitely do not recommend.

C to the R to the A to the P! Worst ever, and I got a quad of these for free with a mail-in rebate. Yep, they have to give these away, folks! continued >>

This stuff never has as much pigment or blendability as higher end shadows, but I always end up picking one up at the drugstore when a pretty color catches my eye. Alas, it's never the same on my eyelids as it is in the pan, especially bright or shimmery shades.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Maybelline eyeshadows!! They have beautiful wearable colors and ever since L'Oreal bought Maybelline they really have gotten some better quality items. I have the single eyeshadow in SILKEN TAUPE--great color--it's a shimmery taupe color, similar to my NARS Ashes to Ashes. I wear the Silken Taupe more though because it's more pigmented and I just like the color better. It wears well and doesn't crease all day. I also have Preppy In Pink and Pink Opal (which I think they discontinued-but they have one called Pink Sands which is close). I also have have a couple trios and love those too. I will be getting more of these! But I really do recommend the Silken Taupe, beautiful color!

These eyeshadows creased like mad on me. They aren't that pigmented either. Yes, they're cheap, but why spend money on something that doesn't work? I'd rather pay a little more to get something that I'll actually use.