3.2

price range

Reviews

3.0

11 years ago

I love Chapsticks in general, I think they work really well. Same goes for this SPF one, but I do have a real problem with the chemical taste and lemon dish detergent scent. It keeps my lips fairly well hydrated and protected from the elements. But I think I'll put it away until summer when I need the SPF, and even then I'll only be using it on beach days because the taste is so awful. Overall a good product but I can't get past the taste. Also I always have an issue with these twisty ones- they kinda get stuck and don't like to twist down, so I have to push it down. Annoying.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

11 years ago

I would never repurchase this lipbalm! I bought this at my local supermarket because I ran out of lip balm and thought I would try a different one. BIG MISTAKE! I used this before I went to bed, and I woke up with ALL MY LIPS PEELED OFF. It bled very badly and I was in pain for weeks - worst of all... I had to go out (work and uni) so people would see me in this condition... :'( I do not recommend this product for people who have sensitive lips like me!

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

12 years ago

After getting my lips burned on a daytrip spent with my significant other on his bike, I realized I need a really decent, stronger sunscreen for my lips- (burned, peeling lips are NOT pretty.) Found this at WalMart and it was the highest spf I could locate in a lip product, though there may be other, better ones out there I didn't see. Next trip out on the bike I had no problems. It gets a 4 lippie because of the noticeable taste it has- and like a reviewer noted below, the chemical taste does seem to get into your mouth and leaves me with a metallic taste I'm not fond of. However, since I use it only when I'm out in the sun and really need it, I can live with it. It goes away as soon as I stop using it. They need to do an overhaul on that aspect of the product- but for why I bought it, it works well for me. Wouldn't be able to use this everyday though.

About reviewer (116 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

12 years ago

I just recently bought this as my lips have been super dry due to the cold, harsh sea wind that has hit us here and I was looking to get my usual soft lips, but they were out if stock. The SA advised me to get this, said it was great, rah rah rah. Well, let me tell you, this stuff is hideous, just awful. It tastes ghastly, like you have swallowed actual sunscreen. It actually made me feel quite nauseous, it is that awful and strong. It did not actually do a whole lot to combat my dry lips either, so it has not much going for it at all. This will be tossed in the bin and I will never stray from my beloved softlips again.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

12 years ago

I'm pretty obsessive when it comes to sunscreen, so I obviously can't forget about my lips. This chapstick is pretty easy to come by and it does the trick. It's not as greasy as other sunscreen lip balms I've tried, and it has a higher SPF. I have to take a lippie off though since the taste is pretty annoying at first. It wears off after awhile though, so I'm able to tolerate it.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

12 years ago

This is an average lip balm for me. Has a plastic/lemon scent, sometimes it goes on smooth, sometimes it gets dry and you can barely feel it do anything. No major issues, but not major accomplishments either.

About reviewer (169 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

12 years ago

I was looking for a basic lipbalm w/ sunscreen, but this isn't it. It made my lips drier than they were to start with! Would NOT buy again.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

14 years ago

I had the same problem with this that I had with Hawaiian Tropic's SPF 45 lipbalm. It tastes horrible, and even if you don't lick your lips, the chemical taste leeches into your mouth. It's very uncomfortable. I'm sticking with SPF 15 balms.

About reviewer (367 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

14 years ago

I bought this because I was looking for extra lip protection at cold, high altitudes. During my week-long trip in the mountains, I went through half a stick of this stuff--I kept it smoothed on at all times. Result--absolutely no sun damage to my lips, and they were completely protected from the cold as the result of using this balm. If you ski, climb, or hike at altitude, this stuff really does the trick. I was very suprised and pleased at how effective this was, and at such a reasonable price, too. Recommended.

About reviewer (560 reviews)

Age36-43