3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I find this really moisturising, as I don't have any further problems when I wear this lip balm. Coming from a guy's point of view, I tend to drink and eat fairly healthily and as an asian in Australia ( Sunny, dry weather ) SPF30+ is certainly appealing, especially for a lip balm ? These are one of the many lip balms that i've tried. This one compared to many others is simply the best. Such as Palmer's, Khiels, Nivea, Burt's Bees. I don't experience any strange rotting citric taste like previous reviewers... I honestly cannot taste anything. It simply tastes like nothing. The smell however is of a sweet lemon scent which does smell a bit chemical but it's a lemon smelling lip balm ! Lemon's are known for their astringent properties. So at first I was skeptical of whether this lip balm would do more harm than good. In fact I feel a little greasy on my lips when I apply this, but doesn't that mean that the lip balm is actually doing it's job of sealing moisture in, while allowing them to breathe and therefore keep them soft and smooth ? Imo they're brilliant. As the Pros outnumber the cons ! Pros : - Paraben Free - Moisturises amazingly and effectively - Smells like lemons (a bit of a chemical lemon smell, I personally like it ) - SPF30+ Sun protection ( The lip balm itself is of a pale and transparent yellow colour which does not look at all offensive or off putting as it goes on clear and see through. NO white cast at all. That's if SPF30+ makes you think of white and thick sunblock ) - Vitamin E - Aloe Vera ( Vitamin E and Aloe are both soothing, calming and moisturising ) - Cheap price - The implementation of the 'twist cap to break seal' packaging was a bit nerdy and different. - Travel friendly :) Cons : - Glossy sheen ( I'm not sure whether that's something you look for when purchasing lip care products, but I personally don't want shiny lips when I go out. However the moisturising benefit totally crushes the shiny aspect ) - I'm not sure if this is really a con, since it's experienced by sooooo many people around the world.. The packaging is very common but the fact that you have to reach down into the 'bucket' of product that's remaining when you reach that last end of your product. It's so annoying. I don't want to have to stick a finger or two into a lip balm stick to smear onto my lips where i'm left with oily fingers. I understand for structural purposes that producers do this; so that the actual balm stays central and remains supported by a firmly held base. Am I the only one? It all comes down to personal preference. Whether you like to stick your finger into a case of product, apply from a lip stick, or apply from a sealed tube of lip product. But for me, I personally wish that producers would think more creatively and devise some new structure for lip balms to come haha. Is that too much to ask ? Probably. All in all, the Pros are considerably greater than the cons. Besides, this lip balm performs the exact qualities that people in general look for in lip products. Those qualities being : 1 - Moisturise dry chapped lips 2 - Prevention from further chapping or drying out 3 - Does not require reapplication over short periods of time Essentially, this lip balm promotes those fundamental qualities that various others simply does not provide. I am saying this is a holy grail lip balm you can't live without, it is definitely worthwhile investing in. Ultimately, the decision is yours ~ I hope that this product benefits you as much as it did for me ! Woah, for a first time review by me, this was a lot....especially for a simplistic lip balm. Note to self : cut down on babble please :P UPDATE : After a couple months of using this, I realised that this is the only thing + water and food that has kept my lips soooo smooth and soft all throughout the day and night. I wake up to amazingly smooth lips with no cracks or flakes, no ugly business ! I cannot express my satisfaction with this lip balm ! This has done nothing but good for my lips ! Not a single bad thing at all, however now that it's running out I need to go re purchase... can't be bothered ehe lazy me. This has become a go-to lip balm and I can safely say that this has become my holy grail lip moisturising and protecting product ! Also, I want to let people know that certain lip products can be comedogenic ( pore clogging ) which is something all people try to avoid. This lip balm does not clog pores around the lips therefore it's non-comedogenic ( non-pore clogging ) !! What I mean by this is that this product wont make those tiny whitish bumps that people get from using a pore clogging lip balm. To name a few comedogenic lip balms.. I'd have to say Khiels and Burt's Bees. But of course, that may only apply to me as my skin type might be quite different from yours ! These tiny bumps don't hurt or burst, they remain there above or below your lip, perhaps even on the sides, just encased in a layer of skin waiting to be extracted professionally. I wouldn't call them pimples, or whiteheads, more of a deeper congestion. Anyways, I hope you learnt something from my essay today haha. Sorry ! I typed so much... If you've read up to this point thank you for your time and I hope you do consider investing in this product, what is there to lose ?

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

7 years ago

This feels moisturising at first and I love how it is SPF30+, the reason why I bought it in the first place but this balm feels quite gross on my lips as it starts to dry/absorb and i usually end up wiping it off because it does not feel good! I only reach for this at places like the beach or when I'm out for a walk or in other instances when I'm exposed to sun, but I do not like this for its moisturising abilities. I also really like the lemony scent, but it doesn't taste very nice.... it tastes like sunscreen or something similar

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

Shame on me for ever writing off ChapStick based on the amazing prices! I was in a pinch looking for another lip balm (I swear I'm addicted), and I decided I'd give this one a try and OH MY GOSH!!!! Why have I been spending $7 on lip balms all along that do not even work that well? Needless to say I am super happy with my chapstick purchase, it makes my lips so silky smooth and the product really does sink in and actually do something. I'm not positive as to weather or not the SPF is really working all that great because when I bought this my lips were already burnt but it has done a really nice job of soothing them!

About reviewer (300 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I have gotten this at my local Dollarama with other lipbalms so now I am backlogged on so many I won't be buying another lipbalm anytime soon. Oh boy, this chapstick. For one thing, having SPF 30 for such a small price is amazing on its own. The packaging quality is like any other chapstick, though it took me a while to unravel the packaging so I could actually use it and I ripped the label off along with it. But after finishing my softlips and going onto this product, I started to miss the skinny application that softlips provided. This definitely softens my lips in Canada's winter but this is where it got deducts marks. The smell and the taste. It smells like lemon citrus, which isn't so bad but the first few times I have used this, when ever I lick my lips, the taste of the product is so revolting like rotten citrus. It's only after a couple of use that I was able to tolerate the taste but during the first few times, I wanted to just throw this product out. Please Chapstick, change or remove the fragrance, your products are amazing but this product I just couldn't love.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

this is the ONLY chapstick i will ever use again! i've been using this for years. it's extremely moisturizing, tastes great (lemon-y), makes the lips soft like pillows. When I ran out and tried softlips, it was no comparison at all. I'd rather stay chapped than use something else! I've noticed they stopped selling it at a lot of drugstores (CVS, riteaid, etc.) and walmarts (near me anyways), so every time i see these i buy out the store!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Other

9 years ago

Great for dry lips, makes lips look smooth, looks good with color/lipgloss and smells really good, kinda like oranges!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2.0

10 years ago

I was riding a motorcycle on a hot windy day and needed to get something for my extremely chapped lips. I was so relieved to find this at first and it did the trick in soothing my cracked wind burned lips. I liked that this had SPF in it and it lasted awhile before needing to reapply. However, I only gave this 2 lippies because I can't tolerate the white cakey residue it leaves on the lips-gross! I still use it in a pinch but I must check for any residue and wipe it off. Oh well, this was cheap and it cures chapped lips.

About reviewer (360 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

10 years ago

This is decent for the price you pay. It has SPF 30, which is great, but it wears off quickly. The moisturizing effects are mediocre at best. There is also a strong lemony scent. I prefer Jack Black Lemon and Chamomile Lip Balm with SPF 25 (separate review). I won’t buy this again.

About reviewer (576 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

from

10 years ago

I'm surprised at the negative reviews here. I absolutely love this chapstick. I've never been a huge fan of chapstick but it is super convenient and in every drug store and grocery store checkout. I thought I'd try out a different one so I picked this up. I've been using only this for 3 straight days now because I've been getting sick of my dry lips and how lipstick looks on them (and trying to use super shimmery gloss to hide it). This has left my lips so moisturized and even fuller..I guess moisturizing will do that ;) It does have a really bad chemical taste though, like sunblock...this is probably what prevented me from using it much before (I've had it for a while). But, it's worth it to me since nothing else has treated my lips so well. Not carmex, softlips, regular chapstick, blistex, blistex lip infusion (completely drying after 2 minutes!), or even dermalogica have come close to this. It's more expensive than regular chapstick...but it's still cheap especially for what it does. Definitely would recommend.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

11 years ago

I bought this after a particularly bad sunburn episode at high altitude this year. From that point on, I decided that I should have an SPF lipbalm in my arsenal at all times. It was not my first choice for SPF lipbalm, but at the time, this was the only one available. I like it, and it definitely protects my lips from the sun. I do not find the lemon scent bothersome at all, and I haven't had issues with it migrating from my lips. The texture is slightly waxy, but not overly so that you end up dragging the stick across your lips. I've applied lipliners and lipcolors over it without problems, so I find it to be a great base. It is not a product to get for any soothing purposes, but as a protective layer, I think it is a great product.

About reviewer (333 reviews)

Age30-35