Caudalie Grapeseed Lip Conditioner

Caudalie Grapeseed Lip Conditioner

3.8

helianthus Annus (sunflower) seed oil*, Ricinuc Communis (castor) seed oil*, cera alba (beeswax), oryza sativa (rice) bran wax*, Cetyl Palmitate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter) extract*, copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax*, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax*, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil*, cetearyl alcohol*, palmitic Acid*, stearic acid*, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters*, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, parfum (fragrance), palmitoyl grape seed extract*. hydrogenated castor oil*; tocopheryl acetate*, ammonium glycyrrhizate*, glyceryl oleate, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid. (* denotes plant origin)

on 5/2/2016 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Product stays hardened here in Canada.

Tastes awful

Barely hydrating

Not worth the price

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had pretty high expectations for this because I hold high regard for Caudalie skincare. This performed just as your average drugstore lip balm. Yes, it hydrates nicely, its not tacky, my lips didn't get chapped while I used it. But I feel like I have to reapply it too often. 30mins later my lips feel dry like I haven't put anything on. I want something with prolonged moisture feeling. Still searching for THE ONE lip balm.

To Read all 168 Reviews, Login or Join

I bought this because it came in a little pack at Monoprix with a travel-size hand cream for only 6 euros!! Steal of the century.

Anyway, I wasn't that crazy about this at first because it didn't feel as moisturizing as EOS (now I'm shaking my head as I write this). I guess because the stick felt a little stiff and waxy. But after a couple days of use, I could tell a serious difference. My lips were much more comfortable and the feeling of constant need to reapply that comes with EOS was gone! The balm warms up and becomes soft with body heat so don't worry about that feeling at first.

It has a light orangey flavor, but nothing on the level of fragrance/flavor that EOS has. Now that I've been using this, I just don't think I can go back to putting strawberry wax all over my lips. Bleh.

This also claims to have some antioxidants. I don't know how accurate that is, but I do see grape seed extract as an ingredient, however minor, so I guess that can't hurt. Would probably repurchase, first lip balm I've found in a while that doesn't totally suck or taste overwhelmingly of the strawberry milk I drank in elementary school. *shudders*

on 11/14/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

A good No fuss lip balm that really moisterizes and hydrates the lips. No colour and a very light scent. Super easy to apply. It just glides on. Very simple packaging. Not as sleek as I would prefer but hey it gets the job done.

This has the consistency of a 1000 year old crayon – nay, a fossilized million year old crayon. Perhaps carbon dating methods cannot even determine the exact age of the waxy substance which comprises this product. Combine this with all the healing properties of spiked lizard skin and scraping sandpaper and then imagine scouring this rough specimen across your poor, tender lips. Wonder at the bleeding mess you have made of your mouth because you have done this ill-advised thing. Think about demanding your money back from Sephora but then never actually do it because you find the act of returning things to the store and dealing with customer service repugnant. Stew fretfully for the rest of your life about it.

on 5/24/2015 4:10:00 AM

I wasn't too keen on it when I originally bought it, but after a few days of use I can see and feel the difference, so thumbs up! A big plus for me is that it doesn't have that Vaseline smell/taste, since it only contains vegetable oils. I don't mind the citrus scent, it's nice. Packaging is very good, high quality sturdy plastic. Originally I thought it wouldn't be very moisturising, since it's not a very emollient formula, but it works! If you can get it on offer with hand cream included, get it. That hand cream is awesome!

on 2/23/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was okay but not anything special. It wasnt moisturizing enough for me to use as a night lip moisturizer. I used this up fast. So I dont think its worth the price.

on 12/30/2014 8:56:00 AM

This is one of the best lip balms I have ever used! It's thick in consistency and it protects the lips really well and in depth. The scent is a little bit strong but I don't mind that. As for the price, the last time that I bought in the farmacy it was on sale, only 3,50 euros (usually it's around 5,50).

I purchased this along with the caudalie hand lotion in the sephora black friday sale. it cost $10 for the lip conditioner and the lotion, so i don't feel as ripped off. I personally don't find that it moisturizes any better than eos, or burt's bees. the packaging is really pretty, and i love caudalie as a brand, but i don't think $12 for this chapstick is worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I normally stockpile this product as it's the one thing that I can't live without! However I really hate the smell of the new formulation. The old one had a light vanilla scent and was very pleasant. The new one is overly fragranced and smells like the hand cream which is a strong orange blossom scent. It's nice for a hand cream but not on your lips.
I contacted Caudalie to ask if they have access to the old version that I could purchase and they said nothing was available. Interestingly enough when I went to Paris a few months later, I noticed that they only sell the old version there. Looks like the "new" formula is maybe in North America only?
Needless to say I purchased 10 while in Europe to hold me over for a while!

Popular Lip Treatments