Caudalie Grapeseed Lip Conditioner

Caudalie Grapeseed Lip Conditioner

3.8

helianthus Annus (sunflower) seed oil*, Ricinuc Communis (castor) seed oil*, cera alba (beeswax), oryza sativa (rice) bran wax*, Cetyl Palmitate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter) extract*, copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax*, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax*, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil*, cetearyl alcohol*, palmitic Acid*, stearic acid*, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters*, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, parfum (fragrance), palmitoyl grape seed extract*. hydrogenated castor oil*; tocopheryl acetate*, ammonium glycyrrhizate*, glyceryl oleate, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid. (* denotes plant origin)

on 5/29/2017 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow I can't believe I just bought this now. Thanks to the reviews on the internet, I tried to to buy this online since my country doesn't sell Caudalie. If I wear this alone, I don't think it is really moisturizing. I prefer to use Vaseline instead..

However...however!!
I used Benefit Lollibalm or Vaseline just a tint bit before I wear my liquid lipstick (Jeffree Star velour liquid and KVD everlasting liquid lipstick) and made them a bittt wet and smudgy.

With Caudalie lip conditioner, my lips didn't feel wet, remains dry, longlasting results wearing the liquid lipstick, without drying or chapped .I used this in the morning, KVD or JS liquid lipstick and cleansed it at night and my lips really look nice, not flaky and not drying at all! See the huge difference!!

Love love love highly recommended!!

on 1/9/2017 4:51:00 PM

They changed the formula :(. This used to be a creamy, vanilla scented balm, that coated and moisturized my lips. Now it is thinner and has an orange blossom scent. It does not do too much for me now.

Side note, the lid would not not stay on this. The redo did not fix this issue, so I have lost lids on both versions.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had pretty high expectations for this because I hold high regard for Caudalie skincare. This performed just as your average drugstore lip balm. Yes, it hydrates nicely, its not tacky, my lips didn't get chapped while I used it. But I feel like I have to reapply it too often. 30mins later my lips feel dry like I haven't put anything on. I want something with prolonged moisture feeling. Still searching for THE ONE lip balm.

I bought this because it came in a little pack at Monoprix with a travel-size hand cream for only 6 euros!! Steal of the century.

Anyway, I wasn't that crazy about this at first because it didn't feel as moisturizing as EOS (now I'm shaking my head as I write this). I guess because the stick felt a little stiff and waxy. But after a couple days of use, I could tell a serious difference. My lips were much more comfortable and the feeling of constant need to reapply that comes with EOS was gone! The balm warms up and becomes soft with body heat so don't worry about that feeling at first.

It has a light orangey flavor, but nothing on the level of fragrance/flavor that EOS has. Now that I've been using this, I just don't think I can go back to putting strawberry wax all over my lips. Bleh.

This also claims to have some antioxidants. I don't know how accurate that is, but I do see grape seed extract as an ingredient, however minor, so I guess that can't hurt. Would probably repurchase, first lip balm I've found in a while that doesn't totally suck or taste overwhelmingly of the strawberry milk I drank in elementary school. *shudders*

on 12/18/2016 2:51:00 PM

This is the best lip balm I ever had, hands down. I highly recommend it.

on 5/2/2016 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Product stays hardened here in Canada.

Tastes awful

Barely hydrating

Not worth the price

on 2/23/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was okay but not anything special. It wasnt moisturizing enough for me to use as a night lip moisturizer. I used this up fast. So I dont think its worth the price.

This has the consistency of a 1000 year old crayon – nay, a fossilized million year old crayon. Perhaps carbon dating methods cannot even determine the exact age of the waxy substance which comprises this product. Combine this with all the healing properties of spiked lizard skin and scraping sandpaper and then imagine scouring this rough specimen across your poor, tender lips. Wonder at the bleeding mess you have made of your mouth because you have done this ill-advised thing. Think about demanding your money back from Sephora but then never actually do it because you find the act of returning things to the store and dealing with customer service repugnant. Stew fretfully for the rest of your life about it.

on 5/24/2015 4:10:00 AM

I wasn't too keen on it when I originally bought it, but after a few days of use I can see and feel the difference, so thumbs up! A big plus for me is that it doesn't have that Vaseline smell/taste, since it only contains vegetable oils. I don't mind the citrus scent, it's nice. Packaging is very good, high quality sturdy plastic. Originally I thought it wouldn't be very moisturising, since it's not a very emollient formula, but it works! If you can get it on offer with hand cream included, get it. That hand cream is awesome!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A good No fuss lip balm that really moisterizes and hydrates the lips. No colour and a very light scent. Super easy to apply. It just glides on. Very simple packaging. Not as sleek as I would prefer but hey it gets the job done.