Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

Like others have written I also experienced burning, so bad that I woke up after 2 days with little patches of burnt skin on the skin under my eyes and on my chin.

.. Never tried that before even with AHA, retinols etc.

My eyes also start tearing excessively if it gets too close to my eyes. Ugh.
Disappointed as I really enjoy the smell.

FYI, I didn't use it with any other products as I test new things out alone. I only used Clinique's Take off balm to remove my makeup before putting it on. I wanted to try it our for a month, like I usually do with new products, just to give it a fair chance, but this time I honestly feel scared as my skin just can't handle it. So I won't.

I don't think its fair to give stars if you are allergic to some ingredients in a product. I cannot be sure I am not allergic, but there is nothing in it I usually can't handle and my skin is usually quite resilient and I see many others have experiences the same. So, I did give it less starts for that reason. I am giving it 2 starts, one for doubt and only one more for the pleasant smell.

Besides the unlucky effect it had on my skin, it didn't feel very moisturising either. Almost drying down like clay, which I didn't enjoy. The texture in the pot in quite normal though, creamy and not gritty. Goes on okay as well, and as I said lovely mild smell of mint and something I can't put my finger on.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this cream religiously for more than six years now and it is absolutely amazing.

Great for dry/dehydrated skin; feels lightweight and smooth. Perfect for traveling or even during long-haul flights, when your skin gets very tight and dull. I like the fact that this is not a scented product and little does go a long way.

I speak more about ways to use this cream, as well as other skincare saviors in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) in case you need more inspiration, but other than that it is a great cream for people with sensitive, dry skin.

on 3/8/2018 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's OK. I've been using this for a while - but now I am using a new brand called Beauty By Design and it made me realize how watery and lack of absorbent this keihls was

on 2/24/2018 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This cream is amazing! Not too greasy and you only need to apply a small amount. My face feels so soft after applying and I have also notice my complexion is brighter

on 2/12/2018 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Got the sample to try it out first, and felt a burning sensation immediately upon application. Not buying this product. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin.

I got this as a samplr and since a friend of mine swears by this products I was really excited to try it.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with most of the comments here: the cream is not that hydrating. And that's coming from someone with combination/oily skin.
This product also contains quite a lot of silicone, which you can actually feel. It lays over your face and fingers when you apply the cream and forms a film on top of your skin - even when the actual cream is long sunk in. Ughh I hate that feeling.

I already decided that I didn't like this cream, but I was about to use up the sample size. However, I think this cream kind of broke me out. I did not get pimples or any redness, but after I used this for a couple of days I noticed quite a few white spots all over my face. I figuered that it has to be this product and threw the remaining product away.

on 12/27/2017 11:24:00 AM

I received this as part of a gift set (which I bought for myself because it offered several Kiehl's products I wanted to try). I am 50 with dry yet hormonal acne prone skin. I use this moisturizer as a final step in the dry areas around my nose and mouth. I have had no reactions, and it moisturizes well. I plan to try the version with spf because I want to minimize steps. I am not sure if I would buy again, because I love the Rosa Arctica light cream far more.

on 12/22/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have really dry skin with dry patches and flakes, combined to Canadian winter, this cream is not enough. I don't feel its moisturizing effect lasts.... Cheaper Cetaphil cream works better than this. I personally prefer thick and heavy cream though and this wasn't enough. Not impress at all.

on 12/20/2017 9:25:00 AM

Was looking for a new moisturizer to add to my beauty routine and my friend recommended me this one. Luckily I was bit skeptical and didn't rush into buying one of those: I asked for a tester in their store, even though the sales person wasn't very happy to do that she gave me a couple of testers, in the evening after using my normal products I've put the moisturiser on, I'm not gonna lie it felt light and nice, I was pretty happy with the feeling and the texture but then it took ages for it to absorb, my face felt sticky and it was annoying.. In the morning I woke up and immediately saw three horrible and painful breakouts... I was SO disappointed, since I had so many problems with my skin and zits for many years and only lately I've managed to put it under control, I still have some scars from my old acne and was so happy to almost have a clear face..and now I need to take care of those 3 new zits... very sad. Be careful, especially girls with problematic, sensitive skin...

This product is good but it is not suitable for combination skin, because it cause me break out seriously. It is better to get few sample to try before you buy.