Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 12/27/2017 11:24:00 AM

I received this as part of a gift set (which I bought for myself because it offered several Kiehl's products I wanted to try). I am 50 with dry yet hormonal acne prone skin. I use this moisturizer as a final step in the dry areas around my nose and mouth. I have had no reactions, and it moisturizes well. I plan to try the version with spf because I want to minimize steps. I am not sure if I would buy again, because I love the Rosa Arctica light cream far more.

on 12/22/2017 9:27:00 PM

I have really dry skin with dry patches and flakes, combined to Canadian winter, this cream is not enough. I don't feel its moisturizing effect lasts.... Cheaper Cetaphil cream works better than this. I personally prefer thick and heavy cream though and this wasn't enough. Not impress at all.

on 12/20/2017 9:25:00 AM

Was looking for a new moisturizer to add to my beauty routine and my friend recommended me this one. Luckily I was bit skeptical and didn't rush into buying one of those: I asked for a tester in their store, even though the sales person wasn't very happy to do that she gave me a couple of testers, in the evening after using my normal products I've put the moisturiser on, I'm not gonna lie it felt light and nice, I was pretty happy with the feeling and the texture but then it took ages for it to absorb, my face felt sticky and it was annoying.. In the morning I woke up and immediately saw three horrible and painful breakouts... I was SO disappointed, since I had so many problems with my skin and zits for many years and only lately I've managed to put it under control, I still have some scars from my old acne and was so happy to almost have a clear face..and now I need to take care of those 3 new zits... very sad. Be careful, especially girls with problematic, sensitive skin...

This product is good but it is not suitable for combination skin, because it cause me break out seriously. It is better to get few sample to try before you buy.

on 12/8/2017 3:20:00 AM

Usually the minute the weather gets colder and the central heating goes on, my face goes like the Sahara desert. My trusty Nivea just isn't cutting it anymore. Somebody suggested I tried this, I have to say the price put me off for a long time but eventually got round to it. Instant relief! My skin looks beautiful and not a dry patch in sight. Still not sure about the price for such a small pot but maybe doable if I just use it in the winter months.

on 12/5/2017 3:19:00 PM

The ingredients list on this product is really impressive. It's been around for a while but already contains so many of the hyped ingredients we love today, like squalane and urea. I bought this product and used it religiously for 2 months. It replaced other moisturizing products in my regime, and my skin felt moisturized while I was using it. So I never thought to blame this product when I started exhibiting symptoms of extreme dehydration in my skin - peeling, cracking, any cuts taking a long time to heal, extra oiliness, etc.

Finally, I want back to a BeautyEditor.ca post I really like that talked about another moisturizing product and in the process, discussed why you should avoid silicones in products. Silicones are often present in moisturizers so that the texture of the product feels sumptuous and pleasant to consumers. They act as emollients, meaning they make your skin FEEL smooth and healthy but without actually having a permanent cosmetic effect on your skin. Worse still, they can block other ingredients in the product from penetrating into your skin and actually improving it.

I went back to the ingredients list on this product. After water and glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane - a silicone - is the top ingredient. I've finally switched moisturizers and my skin is starting to recover from the dehydration I was suffering from!!

on 11/28/2017 4:24:00 PM

Love this cream for winter. It is perfect for my combination skin...doesn't feel too oily but doesn't dry out the cheeks. My skin gets flaky sometimes in winter and this cream takes care of that. I love how it smells too. My skin feels really soft after applying it which is always a bonus. It doesn't sit on my skin like other creams I've used. No breakouts.

on 11/22/2017 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not impressed. Does not hydrate at all nor make skin smooth, stings slightly upon application around mouth area, and caused small bumps (very few luckily!). They went away soon after I discontinued use. I used it one night only because it just did not hydrate

on 11/11/2017 3:49:00 PM

I don't reach for Kiehl's products because Cerave is usually my go-to brand for moisturizers, but a friend had an extra unopened one that she gifted me. I wasn't expecting this to be anything special but his cream has really surprised me. It is super moisturizing and has no fragrance. I use it as a night cream only on top of my Retin-A cream and it has blown Cerave out of the water, which I never thought I would say. I'd consider this my new heavy-duty, nighttime moisturizer. A little goes a long way. The packaging could be more hygienic. I'll definitely repurchase.

Those of you with oily or combination skin, be really careful. I had a bad break out after the first 4 days. I think it's a great mosturizer only for dry skin.