Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.6

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 12/6/2018 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 7/10

I like this cream overall. I got a free sample from Adore Beauty and have been using for the past couple of weeks. It's definitely moisturising and is non-irritating. However, I need a bit of a heavier cream for my dry skin, so I would recommend this for people with combo-normal skin rather than dry skin. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the jar packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Such a good, solid, reliable moisturizer. Never irritated my sensitive combination skin. Worked perfectly in the summer when applied in a tiny amount (that is all that is needed in any event). I would definitely repurchase soon, should my current moisturizer not work out. Really impressed.

on 10/18/2018 7:50:00 PM

Personally prefer the oil-free gel cream over this because i felt that worked better for my combination skin. Still gave this a 5 lippies because this still does it’s job pretty well, keeps my skin moisturizered.
Nothing to complain about this awesome product except for the packaging.. feels alittle unhygienic. Totally would recommend anyone to try, get a sample first if you’re unsure if you want to buy it because apparently my aunt find this product so-so.

on 8/30/2018 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a lot, especially in summer. My skin is normal/dry and this moisturizes it nicely. I get no burning like some other reviewers do - it's all what your skin likes and doesn't like. Mine likes this a lot. It's quite bland, and really rather "ordinary" so it's kind of pricey for what it is, but I like it enough to cough up the money for it. It sinks into my skin nicely, doesn't leave me greasy, and leaves my face nice and soft. The older I get the more trouble I have with moisturizers that sit on top of my skin and don't do anything; that is not what this one does, so I'm stickin' with it! Oh, and there's no fragrance! I much prefer no scent in my skincare - it serves no purpose whatsoever, and can be irritating. Thank you Kiehl's!!!

on 7/16/2018 3:10:00 AM

I used this cream for a couple of years and then for some reason it started making my face burn. So I stopped and called the company; FYI they were great about the return (I purchased the product online and they did not even make me mail it back to them).

I then searched around for some other creams and tried several, same burning reaction with everything. I guess I have sensitive skin. I have finally found my solution - apricot kernel oil, in a bottle, plus vegetable glycerin, in a bottle. I mix them together. They cost $7 + $5. No preservatives or toxins at all, just the raw products. The only catch is I don't think you can pre-mix them and leave the solution like that because the water-based glycerin will start to grow bacteria. You need to mix them together at the time of application or apply separately. It's really easy though. My skin doesn't hurt and doesn't have a load of chemicals on it 24/7. Much nicer!

on 6/11/2018 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This made my skin burn so I returned it. It's never good when a product makes your skin burn.

This cream is comforting and soothing for my skin. Not oily when a small pea sized amount is used.Glides on, blends well and is absorbed relatively quickly. Smell is a little chemical-like though but its subtle.

Day 3 of using. Hope it holds up well over time!

This is a nice, basic facial cream. It has a gentle formula and I experienced no issues with skin irritation or redness when using it. It kept my skin hydrated and feeling smooth and soft. I didn’t need to use a lot, so the jar lasts a long while. I also like that this cream doesn’t have a strong scent. This cream also provided a good base for makeup and didn’t interfere with application of foundation and concealer products. My skin looked soft, smooth, plump and healthy when using this cream. I definitely enjoyed using it and would recommend it happily. The only downside is that it is quite expensive for what is quite a simple cream.

on 4/28/2018 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this as a Birchbox sample. The formula is super moisturizing and gentle, but I don't care to pay so much for a basic night cream. In my late 50's I need some anti-aging juju, some retinol or hyaluronic acid or whatnot.

Like others have written I also experienced burning, so bad that I woke up after 2 days with little patches of burnt skin on the skin under my eyes and on my chin.

.. Never tried that before even with AHA, retinols etc.

My eyes also start tearing excessively if it gets too close to my eyes. Ugh.
Disappointed as I really enjoy the smell.

FYI, I didn't use it with any other products as I test new things out alone. I only used Clinique's Take off balm to remove my makeup before putting it on. I wanted to try it our for a month, like I usually do with new products, just to give it a fair chance, but this time I honestly feel scared as my skin just can't handle it. So I won't.

I don't think its fair to give stars if you are allergic to some ingredients in a product. I cannot be sure I am not allergic, but there is nothing in it I usually can't handle and my skin is usually quite resilient and I see many others have experiences the same. So, I did give it less starts for that reason. I am giving it 2 starts, one for doubt and only one more for the pleasant smell.

Besides the unlucky effect it had on my skin, it didn't feel very moisturising either. Almost drying down like clay, which I didn't enjoy. The texture in the pot in quite normal though, creamy and not gritty. Goes on okay as well, and as I said lovely mild smell of mint and something I can't put my finger on.