DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

DUO - Eyelash Adhesive
DUO Adhesive DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

on 9/25/2016 11:36:00 AM

I like it. Smells like fish but I works better than pretty much any other eye lash glue at the store. I think there's mixed reviews because there fakes of duo all over the internet so just play it safe and get it from Walmart or Cvs.

on 8/29/2016 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I can't remember all the other glues I've tried but I've been using Duo for a while as I heard it was the 'best'. I have it in dark tone which has it's pros and cons. The benefit to that is that it doesn't make liner look whiter or ashy and really blends the strip with the natural lashes (in tone at least, you still have to get close enough which sometimes I don't) but on the flip, if I get it accidentally too high in my shadow and bump it against the wrong spot, it leaves a dark mark which suuucckks.

I also don't wear lashes enough so my glue gets old and separates. It's probably not the glues fault but my own as I hardly wear them. But it does smell kinda bad and that gets a little worse in time. In a way, I like that it's not super gluey as that would kill my natural lashes and this seems to be not to harmful to them. When I peel them off at the end of the night, there is a good stick where they adhered so I know the glue is solid. It's also easy to peel off so I can wear them the next time without old glue.

However, I also find I can't ever really get the inner corner to stick, or it does but pops off. That's kinda frustrating because I thought it was just me, and maybe I am not that good at applying them, but even when they aren't too long or poking me and seem to be ON they will still pop off in a few hours often on one eye. So idk what's up with that. Maybe I just need a bigger glob in the front in which case I'd opt for clear over dark tone as that can be noticable. Maybe subconciously with the darker one I skimp on the front corner because of that. It could also be that they need more time to get tacky or maybe the moisture closer to my tear duct messes with it, but often it's just one eye at random so I don't know for sure. Another thing I don't like about it is that I find the glue is really hard to remove from my natural lashes at night, even with eye makeup remover. I don't want to scrub my eyes raw either. I also use oils/vaseline on my eyes every night which should help remove it, but I find bits even the next day. It could be just a thing with the Dark Tone or maybe because it's getting old. I have a few samples of glue in other lash packs and I'm pretty sure those ones didn't stick on after the fact as much. I am curious to try the brush on just to see if I like it better.

To Read all 145 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/29/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lash glue is amazing I would'nt purchase any other lash glue. This is my favorite lash glue no other can compare. I've been to water parks, festivals, block party, walking in hot weather etc., and the glue still held my lash in place with no problem. The only problem I have with this glue is it occasionally will unstick from the inner corner of the lash and sometimes the outer corner. The glue does take more than 30 seconds to become tacky. The price is decent I guess for the product quality it makes sense. I would recommend this lash adhesive to a friend any day!

on 6/28/2016 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm never sure about this product. It sticks quite well, but sometimes the edges of my lashes come off after a while. Also what I hate about this product is that it takes FOREVER to get tacky. I'll look for another one that dries faster once I finish this one.

on 6/28/2016 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ever since I've been wearing lashes I've been using Duo Lash Adhesive in conjunction. I started with the clear but I quickly switched to the dark tone as I usually always wear dark eyeliner. Both work great but I believe have different uses. The dark tone is more for use with eyeliner and the clear is for use without liner. I notice the clear doesn't exactly dry down clear. It's subtly noticeable. Both dry quick and are easily applied to fake lashes from the tube. I have sensitive skin but neither product has bothered my eyes. I want to try the brush on adhesive and some higher end lash glues like House of Lashes adhesive but for now I'll use up the two I have. Duo is an affordable, fantastic glue.

on 10/23/2015 5:13:00 AM

I have tried many different glues, Revlon, Kiss, Essence, Ardell and by far I like DUO the best because 1) it is very easy to get off the lashes, so one can use them again many times 2) comes in dark and clear versions depending on the need. Yes, I noticed that formaldehyde is on the ingredient list - and although this is troublesome, I am not a chemist, and I don't know in what quantities this may do harm. I certainly do know that in some nail hardeners there is formaldehyde and instructions clearly state not to get on cuticles. But in the DUO glue, formaldehyde is the second to last ingredient so the quantity must be relatively small. That being said, I am writing this review to warn people against the KNOCK-OFF Duo glues that can be found on eBay. The packaging is sometimes the same, sometimes different. But the knock-off version of the dark is VERY BLACK not GREY as the authentic DUO is. The smell is different, the consistency is different, and the knock-off DOESNT COME OFF THE SKIN even with eye makeup remover and it stays sticky all day (I've had hair brush against my eyes during the day and just stick there!!) The knock-off white has a bluefish tint to it and has the same sticky issues as the knock-off black. Also the knock-off has a tip which needs to be opened with scissors or clips; the authentic glue does not, it is already open. Also the knock-off seems to come in 9 g tubes whereas the authentic comes in 7g or 14g. Also I experienced a horrible allergic reaction to the knock-off after wearing it a few days in a row. I had noticed the glue was different than the authentic one I had bought in Sally's, but since it was all I had, I used it and it was just a horrible experience. BE CAREFUL. The knock-offs are generally cheaper on amazon or eBay, but not always...so the authentic one is great, the knock-offs are a nightmare...who knows what is it in on top of that!!

on 6/20/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Have not found a better eyelash glue than this.

This used to be my go-to eyelash glue, however, lately I have developed an allergic reaction to it. My eyes become swollen after a day of wear and my eyes tend to get watery as I have it on throughout the day. The packaging is a little annoying as well since I don't have control over how much comes out (sometimes a little too much). I have switched over to the DUO Brush On Adhesive (which is latex-free) and so far it's been working out great.

PROS: Easily found at drugstore and beauty supply. I much prefer the black so that I know it isn't showing/shining.

CONS: None for me, especially compared to the other ones out there.

APPLICATION TIPS: I actually use a very skinny, quality paintbrush from Blick or Michaels (art supply stores) and apply the glue to right at the base of my lashes/the skin there and then apply the lashes to that. Of course, let it dry a few seconds where it just starts to turn the corner on that color change before applying.

on 3/21/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I feel like Im wearing a super adhesive like crazy glue or something. Its too strong and difficult to remove. When I remove my false eyelashes I feel like Im going to accidentally pull out my natural lashes. I purchased the clear-white but some parts stay white and I have to go over it with my liquid eyeliner to lessen the appearance of the white glob. I purchased the crme shop adhesive and its much better than the duo. I will not repurchase

Popular Misc Beauty Tools