DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

on 6/28/2016 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm never sure about this product. It sticks quite well, but sometimes the edges of my lashes come off after a while. Also what I hate about this product is that it takes FOREVER to get tacky. I'll look for another one that dries faster once I finish this one.

on 6/28/2016 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ever since I've been wearing lashes I've been using Duo Lash Adhesive in conjunction. I started with the clear but I quickly switched to the dark tone as I usually always wear dark eyeliner. Both work great but I believe have different uses. The dark tone is more for use with eyeliner and the clear is for use without liner. I notice the clear doesn't exactly dry down clear. It's subtly noticeable. Both dry quick and are easily applied to fake lashes from the tube. I have sensitive skin but neither product has bothered my eyes. I want to try the brush on adhesive and some higher end lash glues like House of Lashes adhesive but for now I'll use up the two I have. Duo is an affordable, fantastic glue.

To Read all 142 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/23/2015 5:13:00 AM

I have tried many different glues, Revlon, Kiss, Essence, Ardell and by far I like DUO the best because 1) it is very easy to get off the lashes, so one can use them again many times 2) comes in dark and clear versions depending on the need. Yes, I noticed that formaldehyde is on the ingredient list - and although this is troublesome, I am not a chemist, and I don't know in what quantities this may do harm. I certainly do know that in some nail hardeners there is formaldehyde and instructions clearly state not to get on cuticles. But in the DUO glue, formaldehyde is the second to last ingredient so the quantity must be relatively small. That being said, I am writing this review to warn people against the KNOCK-OFF Duo glues that can be found on eBay. The packaging is sometimes the same, sometimes different. But the knock-off version of the dark is VERY BLACK not GREY as the authentic DUO is. The smell is different, the consistency is different, and the knock-off DOESNT COME OFF THE SKIN even with eye makeup remover and it stays sticky all day (I've had hair brush against my eyes during the day and just stick there!!) The knock-off white has a bluefish tint to it and has the same sticky issues as the knock-off black. Also the knock-off has a tip which needs to be opened with scissors or clips; the authentic glue does not, it is already open. Also the knock-off seems to come in 9 g tubes whereas the authentic comes in 7g or 14g. Also I experienced a horrible allergic reaction to the knock-off after wearing it a few days in a row. I had noticed the glue was different than the authentic one I had bought in Sally's, but since it was all I had, I used it and it was just a horrible experience. BE CAREFUL. The knock-offs are generally cheaper on amazon or eBay, but not always...so the authentic one is great, the knock-offs are a nightmare...who knows what is it in on top of that!!

on 6/20/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Have not found a better eyelash glue than this.

This used to be my go-to eyelash glue, however, lately I have developed an allergic reaction to it. My eyes become swollen after a day of wear and my eyes tend to get watery as I have it on throughout the day. The packaging is a little annoying as well since I don't have control over how much comes out (sometimes a little too much). I have switched over to the DUO Brush On Adhesive (which is latex-free) and so far it's been working out great.

PROS: Easily found at drugstore and beauty supply. I much prefer the black so that I know it isn't showing/shining.

CONS: None for me, especially compared to the other ones out there.

APPLICATION TIPS: I actually use a very skinny, quality paintbrush from Blick or Michaels (art supply stores) and apply the glue to right at the base of my lashes/the skin there and then apply the lashes to that. Of course, let it dry a few seconds where it just starts to turn the corner on that color change before applying.

on 3/21/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I feel like Im wearing a super adhesive like crazy glue or something. Its too strong and difficult to remove. When I remove my false eyelashes I feel like Im going to accidentally pull out my natural lashes. I purchased the clear-white but some parts stay white and I have to go over it with my liquid eyeliner to lessen the appearance of the white glob. I purchased the crme shop adhesive and its much better than the duo. I will not repurchase

on 10/19/2014 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased my Duo Eyelash Adhesive for $16 AUD from the M.A.C counter in Rundle Mall, Myer. I've read many great things about this eyelash glue and it is safe to say they were all true! Very easy application, comfortable wear and tear and most importantly, long lasting wear! The glue came with 1/2oz which is more than enough to last a long time! I do reccommend this and I am very new to applying falsies in general so this glue helped to make the application proccess alot smoother and easier.

on 10/14/2014 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I almost used this until my friend warned me there was Formaldehyde in it! I didn't believe her but then I googled the ingredients and YES! FORMALDEHYDE! INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua, Eau), Rubber Latex, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Formaldehyde.

on 9/29/2014 9:57:00 PM

this glue is ok.
i have it in the dark tone. i do find it sticks relatively well but i have had times where it does come off after a full day of wearing them, which is ok actually.
i hate hate hate the packaging. i got the one where i had to cut the tip off a little bit and when using it, its so hard to not accidently squeeze a whole blob of it out. i wasted so much of this glue from this happening.
another con, i find it extremely hard when removing the excess off my eyelids. i have to rub my eyes really hard to get all the excess off completely.
another reason i wouldn't buy again is because this has formeldyhde or whatever in it. apparently its dangerous. i personally think it wont do any harm to u unless u ingest it, which no on would ever do anyway. but i am still conscious of what i am putting on my skin, especially near my eyes.
overall, would not recommend.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools