Neutrogena Soft Suede Blush

Neutrogena Soft Suede Blush

4.7

For reference, I'm a NC25-30 and I LOVE this blush...I've bought at least 4 of these already and have recommended it has a blush to family and friends. It seems to be a universally flattering color. It's not shimmery or have any glitter...instead it's a soft color that seems to make your skin glow! It does look muddy and blah in the pan but please don't let that stop you from giving it a try! It's beautiful on.

I picked up this blush based on the rave reviews here. I'm pale with blue eyes and reddish hair. Most foundations are too dark for me even in the lightest color.
Maybe the color has changed? I thought for sure I couldn't be looking at the right blush, as all the Neutrogena blush colors were scary-dark. I decided to read the names anyway, and found Soft Suede. It looks more brown in my pan than the pic here, but I blamed the store lighting.
It is highly pigmented. Apply sparingly and blend. Blend some more.
This ended up looking brown once applied as well. It looked like I had smudged some dirt on my face (and then blended it well with a kabuki brush).
In low light, I almost have a peachy glow, but in direct light, it's just dirty. My 'natural' cheek color is much more peachy-pink-coral. I'm sure it must be because my skin is so white-white-white; a lot of eyeshadows tend to look 'muddy' on me as well.
I will give this to my more tanned friend and see if it works better for her.
Packaging is fine, brush is crap, price is a little high, but there's plenty of product. Well pigmented and easily blended, but all the blending in the world couldn't make it look good on me, but I think that's more my problem than this blush's problem.

on 9/24/2009 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This blush definitely has that special something. I have two blushes that look identical to this color in the pan, but for some reason this one looks 10x better when applied. I am surprised because this a drugstore blush. The staying power isn't all that great, but I can live with that because the color is so gorgeous. It's great for a natural everyday look. I just got this, but I know I'll be reaching for it a lot!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After reading the wonderful reviews this blush got how could you refuse it? I love this blush! It really does live up to its name! Its my new HG blush for sure! (And I've used my share of expensive department store blushes) The color is gorgeous and blends really well, It also gives a glamorous yet natural glow to your skin! I will be buying this again and highly recommend! =]

on 6/10/2009 8:55:00 AM

VERY nice blush, this may be my new HG..It has almost no shimmer and looks awesome on my LLL cool toned skin. Comes across as a peachy/pinky/bronzy color, very pretty and natural. I like this alot

on 11/12/2008 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

HG daily blush for me! I have used this for the past two years and can honestly say that this has never caused any blemishes or clogged pores for me. The color is a neutral peachy brown that is flattering for both cool and warm tones with fair to medium skin coloring. I have tried other blushes, and though I have liked the colors on me, the red dyes *always* cause breakouts for me. I have used the Mocha, Wine & Raisin from this same line, and the Soft Suede is by far my favorite! Terrific natural blush color, and I highly recommend it! ♥
Ingredients:
Polyethylene , Zinc Stearate , Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Retinyl Palmitate , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Lauroyl Lysine , Sodium Dehydroacetate , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Butylparaben , Iron Oxides - May Also Contain , Titanium Dioxide - May Also Contain , Mica - May Also Contain , Manganese Violet - May Also Contain , Red 7 Lake - May Also Contain , Red 6 Lake - May Also Contain , Bismuth Oxychloride - May Also Contain , Ultramarines - May Also Contain , Yellow 6 Lake - May Also Contain , Red 21 Lake

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush, i bought it after reading the reviews because at first the color in the pan threw me off. Im glad i read the reviews because this is the best most natural blush ive ever tried. I agree the lighter the better and the brush it comes with isnt that bad. Ive always been searching for a natural blush and i finally found it. I even got rid of all the other brands i had including my favorite brand Chanel. I wont lie ive probably spent thousands just on blush and ive tried every brand and this is the best ive found. It doesnt break me out and i have really sensitive skin. All i can say is WOW!!! I still cant believe how natural it looks. Finally a blush that doesnt look like im wearing blush.

on 2/17/2008 9:35:00 AM

Goodness, when I went into my bathroom to see what shade of blush I have in this collection, I realized that I've had the same compact for more years than I'd realized. We're talking about four or more years here people, which is probably not the best thing, but it gives an indication of how well this make works and how long it lasts until you use it up. I love this color, I've had people tell me that it is a perfect color for my skin tone (a rare compliment for someone that is as pale as me, and has a very hard time finding good colors). A little bit of this will do you (more than that and it does start to look 'muddy'), and as my compact is evidence of, it lasts forever. I like this so much that even when I dropped it and the lid broke off, I taped the lid on and continue to use it. I'm either very devoted, or very cheap, it's your choice.

This is a great blush! I have tried different blushes but I always keep this one near by. On me it almost looks like a bronzer. It's similar to a nude/earth tone. It wears well. I'm happy with my purchase, also this has lasted a long time! I don't remember how long ago it was I bought this.

on 9/26/2007 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been using this blush for about two years now and am very happy with it. The Soft Suede color works very well on my skin, which has light olive undertones. Most importantly, it does not irritate my acne-prone skin. The only complaint I have, as usual, is the brush provided with the product is useless. A good brush makes all the difference in the world!