benefit Cosmetics Box O'Powder Blush - Dandelion

benefit Cosmetics Box O'Powder Blush - Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 1/13/2019 2:49:00 PM

This is an absolutely foolproof blush. As a blush noob (and forever a blush noob), I dig it.

Bad lighting, heavy-handed, wrong base, whatever... Got a carried away and applied too much? Get a clean brush and blend it to nothingness. Product showing up too bright because your base was moist? Top off with translucent powder and buff it out. You look like death and other blushes make you look feverish? Smack this on.

No peach in this and the baby pink color is not chalky or bright or immature. Maybe immature in the sense that there is absolutely no way of messing this up. If you're fair-medium and you aren't looking for a high-maintence pigmented blush, I recommend this to you.

I love this blush! Benefit blushes are super expensive in Australia ($52!) so I have never been able to commit myself to buying one before, however I was able to pick up the mini-size Dandelion for half price in Sephora so finally made the jump - and I do not regret it at all. Dandelion is everything I want a blush to be - pigmented but not overly so, natural, flattering with a hint of sheen. It suits my skin and looks like a natural flush. It lasts all day and plays nicely with all the foundations I have tried it with (BM Complexion Rescue, TF Peach Perfect and MAC Studio Fix for example). I actually use the brush that comes with the blush (makeup sin, I know) but find it works very well for me. One layer is enough for everyday looks, but this blush is buildable. I definitely imagine that it would suit most fair to medium skin tones, and both warm, cool and olive undertones. I really like this blush and can see why it is a cult favourite. Once I finish my mini (does anyone ever finish a blush?!) I may have to splurge on the full size. A+

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is such a pretty product. I got it as part of the Blush bar palette with Dandilion, Hoola, Galifornia, Rockatuer & Goldrush. Dandilion looks lovely on my pale complexion. It’s the most stunning naturally flushed shade I use it sparingly on my cheeks & temples before going over with my contour, bronzer, blush & highlighter. I find it just makes my blush blend in so beautifully (almost like a transition shade for my cheeks) it looks lovely in combination with Galifornia or NARS Orgasm. I will certainly re purchase this product, The brush included is quite good. I thought I’d hate it but it actually works very nicely. I would certainly re purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I’ve been using this for about 7 months now, and I don’t feel like it’s impressed me much. It’s a very light and natural blush with a hint of shimmer. You have to build the color up to get the pigmentation you want, as it is pretty sheer. The packaging isn’t my favorite, as it can be hard to fit your blush in the box. It’s a nice blush if you’re looking for something light, but not for anyone who’s looking for a lot of color pay off.

on 3/29/2018 11:16:00 AM

Dandelion is such a pretty baby pink blush. I love this for a daily really feminine flush. The tiny shimmers make me look fresh and glowy, not chunky glitters at all. I can wear this alone or sometimes I use this on top of other blushes. Love this.

on 3/5/2018 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I work as a personal trainer and I love this blush. It gives you that pick me up feeling in the morning without looking overdone and lasts all day (even throughout sweaty sessions). My skin has olive tone so I’d say this is the perfect blush for no make-up make-up look. It lasts a long time as you don’t need that much product as it is well pigmented. All thumbs up!

on 2/2/2018 8:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is such a reliable, every day color. I’m fair skinned and it can be difficult to find a blush that doesn’t result in clown face when wanting a rosy cheek. This is the perfect color for anyone who wants to really go in on the blush. It is almost impossible to over apply this formula.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this blush. It's very basic. One of those boring blushes that are very subtle and very natural on my winter NC20-NC25 skin. I prefer this to MAC Blushbaby, it doesn't look like I do have a blush on my cheeks, it looks like I'm born with it. I don't see any shimmer once applied it look quite matte, but less matte and more natural than MAC due to its slight sheen.
It goes well with many different looks.

Update July 2018: In the summertime, it's way too light and too cool for my skin. I don't think it's a good choice for anyone with medium or dark skins, especially those who have a warm undertone.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

For a product that has so much hype I found this ok but not amazing. It’s a more matte product without glitter so that’s nice. It has an uplifting highlighting effect which always brightens my skin, but for the price it seems a bit standard. Pretty generic ballerina pink colour. Packaging is a bit of a letdown. I don’t like the traditional applicator (reminds me of the 80s). Quite pigmented so will last but isn’t my go to blush.

on 12/24/2017 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Got this a present and didn't think it would be special cause it looks so light but it is actually so pigmented
you tap your brush in and get the perfect amount of product for a nice application
It can look great for day or night looks

would recommend