Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

3.7

talc, plymethyl methacrylate, silica, dimethicone, pentaerythriftyl tetraisostearate, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, zea mays (corn) starch, tocopheryl acetate, PEI-10, tetrasodium EDTA, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides, carmine

on 2/15/2016 5:57:00 AM

I've been using this product for years and I love it. However, I'm getting bored of it and have realised while it's a great product, it's not brilliant!

I have very oily skin, this powder does control the shine to some extent but I have to powder again during the day.

It is a bit expensive but does last for a while (6 months min).

The only reason I like bobbi brown products is because their colour match for Asian skin tones are perfect. I really struggle to find a very yellow undertone powder but this powder has it.

Overall, it's a good powder, quite full coverage and will conceal most/all blemishes (depending on how bad your skin is) and will last for a while. Downsides: if applied too heavily - can be slightly cakey, very expensive and will need to re-powder during the day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This powder seems to really impress the users on here with dry skin. Yet I have oily skin, and this does nothing to stop shine. My face looks shiny as hell when I use this powder (I have pale yellow) to set foundation. It also tends to make the under-eye area look messy when used to set concealer.

Plus, for those wondering, if you have oily skin, I avoid reaching for this for a mid-day touch-up. It has made every foundation I've tried it with glob up and will take foundation off some parts, and cake up in others.

I just want a powder that works, that doesn't flash back. Is it so hard to do? :(

To Read all 88 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/28/2015 3:02:00 PM

Worst pressed powder ever..........my face is shiny within half an hour more so then without it.........!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have this powder in three shades, Warm Natural, my winter color, Golden Orange My winter and Summer shade and Soft Honey my deepest shade. Like a lot of women of color there is some natural color variation between my forehead and jaw and also a lot of Prestige line Foundation shades may be lacking in warmth yellowness etc. I reach for Golden Orange the most it has great natural coverage photographs well and works for Foundation shades that may lack the right depth, warmth etc. For Reference I use Bobbi Brown golden natural in the stick, MUFE shade 140 and Becca long Lasting foundation in Olive, IMAN in Sand, Touche Eclate in Shade B60. I don't recommend using the puff a light brushing all over my face works best, it holds up even in Arizona and Colorado humidity! I have gone hiking with it as well lol. if you have oily skin use this and touch up your oily spots with Ben Nye White powder. That is what I do for days that i am a bit more "glowing" then other days.

This product is extremely good for hot weather. I apply only once a day and it controls oil very well. I have used it for so long that I have forgotten how many that I have finished. It gives a very smooth healthy looking skin that I dont have to apply any foundation.

on 3/16/2015 10:28:00 AM

*Update* Lowered rating from 3 to a 1 star; I tried this powder again and I had to remove all my under eye makeup with a hand lotion because it was so cakey. I couldn't stand having cakey under eye another day. I'm going to return this. If you really want to make this product work, you can try using a very, very light hand. For me, a light layer of this powder sinks into any fine lines or wrinkles I have..

-------------------------------------

This is anything BUT sheer. I don't think a powder that almost have full coverage should have sheer in the name.

When you first apply with a powder brush (Wayne Goss 2), it has light-medium coverage but this powder builds to a full coverage powder after 3 swipes. How can this be sheer? MAC sheer select powder isn't very sheer either but that powder doesn't build. MAC Sheer select is a straight light-medium coverage throughout. Sheer powders are like Guerlain meteorites perles, Hourglass Ambient lighting powders, Chantecaille white tiger pressed powders--these are merely for setting-finishing because it offers almost zero coverage.

I bought this in Pale Yellow 1 to set my concealer underneath my eyes, I tested twice but not sure if it's good for that purpose. It settle really quickly into the fine lines/ wrinkles underneath my eyes.

Usually a translucent powder like the ELF HD (silica) would work well because it is translucent even if that powder did settle, you cannot see it. So, I was not quite sure something of this level of coverage would work. The texture of this powder is thicker than the average sheer powder. It is very smooth, silky and finely milled. What attracted me is the silky soft texture of this pressed powder. Just touch the powder, it feels so silky like cornstarch powder; I will further investigate and re-test this powder for the under eye and will update when I have a different conclusion.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Other

The first time I used this, it ran out way too quickly. I thought it was just me using too much so I purchased it again, and about 3 weeks later I'm still in the same situation and don't have much left!! The powder feels a little weird on my face, like I really can tell when I have it on. But the coverage is good, I can use it on my bare face with no foundation and it will cover my scarring and a couple blemishes that I have. But I also think there are other powders that do the same thing for a lot cheaper, so I won't be purchasing this one again.

on 1/18/2015 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfect for my dry skin, sets my base extremely well without creasing or clumping together. I use it sometimes without any foundation with just a moisturiser and it looks just as good.

on 1/5/2015 7:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really, really wanted to like this product. The coverage is fantastic; it doesn't give your skin that weird sheen like mineral makeup does, and it doesn't look cakey. Unfortunately, it did not control my oil and I had to take it back.

I accidentally flipped it over in my makeup drawer and the powder came loose from the bottom and split in half. So, handle carefully.

on 10/15/2014 9:38:00 PM

Let me start with the pros : price is good (RM130.00 in Malaysia), the puff that comes with it is really fantastic quality and a pleasure to use, the powder goes on smoothly and a lot of my natural skin still comes through - which is exactly what I wanted as my skin is now really nice and all blemishes are nicely faded. My skin is oily and throughout the day I only need to touch up the T zone maybe twice. It does not break me out. And it does not have any funny floral fragrances in it, which is good for me. Now for the cons: the packaging is bulky and not at all lasting (the hinge that clicks the compact shut was broken by 2 months of use)... But worse, worse of all *cries* the perfect colour match of Soft Sand for my NC30-35 skin OXIDIZES. You heard me. It goes dark in like a record time of half an hour or so. It OXIDIZES like a mother. I'm not sure about other climates but I am from a warm weather country and we get loads of sun. I don't know if this is a factor to this otherwise pretty OK powder turning bad. Back to the drawing board for the perfect HG sheer pressed powder. Humphs !!!