Neutrogena Summer Glow Daily Moisturizer

Neutrogena Summer Glow Daily Moisturizer

3.9

Active Ingredients Avobenzone 2.0% , Octisalate 4.0% , Oxybenzone 4.0% Ingredients Water , Glycerin , Dimethicone , Dihydroxyacetone , Silica , Diethylhexyl 2-6- Napthalate , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Hydroxy/Propyl Starch Phosphate , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides , Cetyl Alcohol , BHT , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Chlorphenesin , Tetrasodium EDTA , Citric Acid , Sodium Citrate , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Fragrance

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is a great fall & spring "transition" SPF/gradual tanner-in-one for the legs - during the spring when you're not quite ready for a full-on summer tan, & into the beginning of fall when you're not quite prepared to go back to winter-pale. Additionally, Summer Glow Daily Moisturizer has avobenzone & a passable SPF 20 to boot. No stickiness 10 minutes post-application. I would say this one is best for the fair-skinned, as I can just baaaarely discern a difference from one day of application to the next - but it's just enough so I can wear short dresses without blinding everyone in the room. Highly recommended!

on 10/28/2009 1:26:00 PM

I love that this is a daily moisturizer, sunless tanning and SPF 20 all rolled into one! I don't mind the smell at all - it seems to fade over the day. It's great during the winter when I want a bit of colour and during the summer, I like to use it as a moisturizer to prep my skin for a stronger self tanner. Sometimes I cannot find it, and that makes me nervous...

on 5/22/2009 2:02:00 PM

i hope this product doesn't get discontinued- it is the only one i have used that i would actually repurchased- the color is great, it looks natural, and the odor, while isn't the best ( but what self-tanner smells good?) fades fairly quickly- on my honeymoon in Mexico, i was getting ready to go out, and after using my tanner, got dressed, sprayed on some Bobbi Brown Beach, and my husband commented on how nice i smelled-never happened with other STs.

on 2/18/2009 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would like this product if it wasn't for the smell. Like all self tanners that I have tried, the smell is horrible and gets worst as the day goes on. I have yet to try a self tanner that the smell doesn't bother me.

on 2/9/2009 10:42:00 AM

It seems Neutrogena might be discontinuing the Summer Glow line--a huge mistake, IMHO, but they appear to be doing this a lot with all the stuff I love! :( I don't so much like the face version of this, but I've used the different variants of the Summer Glow lotion ever since it came out (back when it was in the green tube instead of the beige-y ones out now). I loved it when they added multiple versions. I'm very fair, and yes, the fair one is too light for me to show up if I want to look like I actually have some color, but the medium one is GREAT. If I want some color in the winter/spring, I usually just use the medium a couple times a week to great, natural, subtle result. In the summer, I use the heavier-duty Micro Mist first, then apply the medium Summer Glow, and I'm left with a totally streak-free, medium tan that looks natural and not streaky. If they get rid of this stuff for real, I will be totally sad. I

on 7/16/2008 12:26:00 PM

Like many other posters, I bought this product because I wanted something to take the edge off my pasty arms and legs that would also provide daily sun protection. I am satisfied with the results. However, it didn't achieve HG status for me for the following reasons:

1. The smell, while not overwhelming, is mildly unpleasant and chemically.
2. Even though I got the fair skin color, it is a bit dark for me, and, at first, I had some trouble with blotches (now I am extremely careful to rub it in really well.)

Overall, it's not too expensive, it moisturizes, it gives me some color and sun protection, so I am happy with the product.

this is the first sunless tanner i've ever tried. i borrowed it from my roommate to try it out. i guess the fact that she stopped using it should have been a clue... i just used it on my legs. i wanted to start out shorts season and thought it would be good to gradually lose the ghostly pale look. well it says it will take several days to show results. but after 2 days and just 2 applications, my legs looked orange! hopefully it fades away quickly and doesn't get too blotchy :( also the smell is terrible! and hours later i still can still smell it on me. yuck!

As a straight moisturizer, not bad. Its not greasy, not too thick. As sunblock, I like the SPF 20. As a self tanner - YUK! The smell is horrible and lasts all day on me! (I'm not one of those people who can put this on and go to bed - all self tanners seem to leave behind a smell on my sheets and anything that increases the frequency of my having to do laundry gets a thumbs down in principle alone!) That aside - I have been on the hunt for an idiot-proof self tanner that doens't cost 2 of the limbs I'm trying to tan and doesn't stink to high heaven. I did get a little bit of color (I'm very fair and purchased the medium skin tones because I'm trying to relive my glory days of when I was a sun worshipper) and all I got was a very light color - after 2 weeks of daily use. (and yes, I exfoliated, etc). What really turned me off was the smell and the fact I ended up breaking out in a rash on my arm - that has NEVER happened before. So - goodbye Neutrogena Summer Glow - hello ongoing search!

on 3/10/2008 12:18:00 AM

My main basis on whether i really like a product or not (namely, a facial moisturizer) is if it makes me break out or not. After using this product, I can say it did moisturize my combination skin successfully without causing big breakouts :) It isn't thick, isn't greasy, and absorbs fast. It also has a pleasant scent and I have to say one tube lasted me a good while.

Also, it actually does show a subtle hint of "summer glow" just like it says. I would put it on fresh out of the shower, walk around for a bit, and by the time it was dried and I would look in the mirror to put on make up, I noticed my skin looked more even with a slight healthy glow. I loved that.

I don't know what it is about this moisturizer in particular, because every other I have seemed to try (including other Neutrogena ones) have caused some breaking out. This one never did. I went to restock and was so sad for it to be absent from the shelf my last trip to the store! I will keep on looking...

All in all, I have fair-olive toned skin, which is combination and borderline sensitive, and I would definitely recommend this product to anyone!

I have hopelessly pale skin and after being disappointed by most sunless tanners rendering me an orange mess, a relative recommended this product to me. With high hopes, I dove into a fresh bottle designated for the fair-skinned only to come out looking like another orange mess - after two applications. Perhaps it's simply how pale I am, but it stained my skin quickly and as I hid my legs under long jeans, it faded in an unnerving polka-dot pattern. It also left a residue on my skin that I found uncomfortable, although I did like the vaguely apple scent to it. It was a rather expensive disappointment also. It might be good for skin that's not quite as pale as mine, though I couldn't imagine it being used on a daily basis. The unsightly way it leaves the skin as it fades is cause enough to develop a daily routine, though, I suppose. I've since given up on tanning altogether and am embracing my flourescent hue.