MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After wearing this foundation for almost a year, sporadically, I finally threw it out. This was my very first non-drugstore foundation and it was totally not right for me.

The MAC SA recommended this even though I had dry skin because I wanted a fuller-coverage foundation. This made my face actually burn when I applied it and dried my skin out so bad my face and any acne spots would hurt during the day. I have since NEVER had any issue with any other drugstore or high-end foundations before or since. There is something in this that is just bad for sensitive and dry skins.

Once I got this on my face, I found it cakey when applied with a brush and patchy with a sponge. It let a lot of my redness show through in patches and I don't have that much redness. With a sponge, I also find when it's applied with a sponge, it sticks to the sponge and quickly creates this weird dry, sticky, hard shell on it that makes it almost impossible to blend the rest of it in.

The final nail in the coffin for me is the packaging. This has been around for however long and it's the only MAC foundation without a pump. For how much this costs, it should at least have a way of dispensing it that isn't pouring it out onto your hand.

HARD pass. I literally have no idea how some people are able to use and love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product gave me the worst cystic breakout. I am in my twenties and had gotten my skin under control for years. This made me feel like a teenager again in a bad way. It also itched my skin so there must be ingredients in here I am allergic to. I read that it is the talc, which is in a lot of MAC products and makes sense because nothing from MAC ever worked out for me. If you have sensitive skin, beware.

For the longest time Mac didn't have a foundation light enough for my skin. I stopped at a Mac Counter about a month ago for some lipstick, and saw a foundation on their shelf that looked really similar to the foundation I normally wear. I asked to try it on, and it matched perfectly! It was NC10. Normally I don't like matte foundations, but I do tend to get a bit oily during the summer so I decided to give this foundation a go. It was on sale too!

Now I am someone who has pretty clear skin, except for redness and the occasional closed comedone. I never get active breakouts, and I have yet to find a product that causes me to break out. Holy crap, this foundation. I look like I'm going through puberty again. I have tons of pimples all over my face, which I now have to figure out quickly how to get rid of them because my wedding is in a month.

I also hate the smell of this foundation, it smells like chemicals! It's also really cakey and caused my skin to look dull and aged.

I will never purchase this foundation again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

God knows I've tried with this foundation. The Estée Lauder ones keep me matte all day. This one is literally like adding oil to my face by the hour. I use a matte primer, then the foundation, then bake with a loose powder, THEN add studio fix powder and it still ends up a horrific oily mess by 11am. Truly awful and certainly not for oily skin. I'll stick to my trusty Lauder, should of know better.

I ended up going to MAC to try on some foundations even though my go to is the Matchmaster. I tried the studio fix and looked at it through one of the small handheld mirrors and thought it looked okay so I ended up purchasing it. When I ended up putting it on at home and looked at it in my big mirror at home it looked awful and there was absolutely no coverage at all. When I went to go return it I was telling the woman why I didn't like it and I was wearing it at the time and she said she didn't even know I was wearing foundation so I guess that's saying something. I will definitely be going back to my Matchmaster.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my lord this foundation. No. just no. Luckily I just got a sample of NC 25 my tried and true color and put it on before going to see the Warriors play in Oakland. Anyways I put it on and it was completely ORANGE. It looked awful. Maybe it had oxidized while on display. I dunno but the finish looked heavy and it was orange. Ugh so ugly. I'll stick to my water weight or Mac mineralize when using a Mac foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have oily, acne-prone skin.

I was initially mis-matched by a MAC store worker with the shade NC15 but soon realised that I was an NW10 due to my pink undertone.

I must say I did not like this foundation at ALL. It literally smells like paint. The application was smooth and easy to work with but it took forever to set. The finish is not quite matte like it says on the packaging, it is more semi-matte.

It looked really good on my skin at first but only after TWO HOURS my oil seeped through and I looked VERY CAKEY, it simply looked horrible.

While there is the option of a pump, you have to purchase it separately, which is completely ridiculous and insane, it should have just come with it to begin with. I am also not a fan of the glass bottle either, nor any glass packaging for that matter unless it is a perfume.

So to sum it all up, it is expensive, has a chemical/paint smell, takes forever to set, not completely matte but semi-matte, cakes on me after two hours and has terrible packaging.

I tried this foundation on several occasions and I ended up throwing it in the bin. I would advise people to stay away from this product if you are oily/acne-prone as well as accident-prone like me.

Very disappointing.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Been using for 5 years but no more.. It doesn't cover well seperates on my forehead and makes patches when it's hot outside... Transfers and accentuates every line on my face and makes it look as if I have deep laugh lines .. Kind of gives my face a stern resting bitch look. I won't buy it I'm in search of a better full coverage foundation .. Any suggestions plz inbox me

This was my first high end foundation a couple of years ago. Only Pro it gives a nice glow. Cons: heavy, oxidizes, made me oily, broke me out... Yup pretty disappointed for the price I expected more. I tried it with a million primers and it just didn't work out for me.

I found this foundation too thick for my skin and it seemed to oxidise meaning that it would go on well and seem fine and then go patchy and oil throughout the day so my make up seemed to get worse through the day. Also the packaging is terrible glass is not a good idea as you feel scared to take it with you in your bag should have made the packaging like studio sculpt bottle!