MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to give one lippie & negative review about this cult foundation & MAC as a brand. But this is what I experienced with them..so, here I go! :)

About MAC:
- They have the rudest sales assistant EVER! How they speak to you, body languages, unwillingness to show products, and they alwaysss play with testers, ignoring you (now MAC counter in our biggest mall is closing down. Yay?!)
- They will give you side eye look if: you wear minimal makeup (yes I was looking for a new foundie), your makeup over the top than theirs (I have my makeup done by MUA, I was waiting for the party to start so I decided to strolling into makeup counters for killing time. The MAC sales assistant is talking behind your back. I heard them (something about eyebrows too bushy too. Thin eyebrows are on fleek back then!))
- Tester always runs out, especially lipstick
- Sales assistant (in the counter I visited) lacking knowledge about MAC products
- Sales assistant gave me wrong color of this Studio Fix Foundation (she gave NC42! When in MUFE I am Y235, around medium light/medium)

I use this Studio Fix Fluid about 10years ago. For a mere 2months then I tossed it (I gave it to my granny's maid)

What's GOOD about Studio Fix Fluid:
- Coverage (It covers my acne marks perfectly. I don't need concealer)
- Finishes (It's not matte or overly dewy on my combo skin. Just a right satiny finish)
- As far as I remembered, there's no whitecast (sorry I vaguely remembered, but it looks decent in photo (no flashback) albeit a bit orangey face compared to my chest/body)
- Pretty glass bottle

What's BAD:
- Bad color match (screw you sales assistant) NC42 gave me orange face!! Dust it with light colored powder didn't help. It just made me looking like powdered mochi. Dammit!
- The velvet cap easily got dirty
- No pumps. Pumps is expensive too
- I breakout horribly. I have all types of acnes (according to my dermatologist). Papules, pustules, cysts, and some nodules covered all my face! They put Algae on the ingredients whichhh years later (from other products with Algae in it too) I know I have bad reaction to Algae. After dermatologist visit, I tossed this foundie to the maid.

With acnes covering my entire face, this foundation definitely is NOT FOR ME. I steer out from foundie for a while after my dermatologist visit. It took me 4years to clear my acne...and with those rude sales assistant just NOPE. Yes, I still buy their lipstick, but from a private online shop :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

MAC foundations get talked about a lot, but I have really disliked every one that I have tried, though none as much as Studio Fix Fluid. First of all, why does it have to smell SO BAD? I have never tried another foundation that is this stinky, even from cheap brands like Wet n Wild. I don't think it looked very nice on the skin either, but instead was cakey and unflattering. Like all MAC foundations, it oxidized so badly on me that I looked super freaking orange. I don't think it is worth the price or the hype, especially for fairer skin tones that want to avoid oxidization.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After wearing this foundation for almost a year, sporadically, I finally threw it out. This was my very first non-drugstore foundation and it was totally not right for me.

The MAC SA recommended this even though I had dry skin because I wanted a fuller-coverage foundation. This made my face actually burn when I applied it and dried my skin out so bad my face and any acne spots would hurt during the day. I have since NEVER had any issue with any other drugstore or high-end foundations before or since. There is something in this that is just bad for sensitive and dry skins.

Once I got this on my face, I found it cakey when applied with a brush and patchy with a sponge. It let a lot of my redness show through in patches and I don't have that much redness. With a sponge, I also find when it's applied with a sponge, it sticks to the sponge and quickly creates this weird dry, sticky, hard shell on it that makes it almost impossible to blend the rest of it in.

The final nail in the coffin for me is the packaging. This has been around for however long and it's the only MAC foundation without a pump. For how much this costs, it should at least have a way of dispensing it that isn't pouring it out onto your hand.

HARD pass. I literally have no idea how some people are able to use and love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product gave me the worst cystic breakout. I am in my twenties and had gotten my skin under control for years. This made me feel like a teenager again in a bad way. It also itched my skin so there must be ingredients in here I am allergic to. I read that it is the talc, which is in a lot of MAC products and makes sense because nothing from MAC ever worked out for me. If you have sensitive skin, beware.

For the longest time Mac didn't have a foundation light enough for my skin. I stopped at a Mac Counter about a month ago for some lipstick, and saw a foundation on their shelf that looked really similar to the foundation I normally wear. I asked to try it on, and it matched perfectly! It was NC10. Normally I don't like matte foundations, but I do tend to get a bit oily during the summer so I decided to give this foundation a go. It was on sale too!

Now I am someone who has pretty clear skin, except for redness and the occasional closed comedone. I never get active breakouts, and I have yet to find a product that causes me to break out. Holy crap, this foundation. I look like I'm going through puberty again. I have tons of pimples all over my face, which I now have to figure out quickly how to get rid of them because my wedding is in a month.

I also hate the smell of this foundation, it smells like chemicals! It's also really cakey and caused my skin to look dull and aged.

I will never purchase this foundation again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

God knows I've tried with this foundation. The Estée Lauder ones keep me matte all day. This one is literally like adding oil to my face by the hour. I use a matte primer, then the foundation, then bake with a loose powder, THEN add studio fix powder and it still ends up a horrific oily mess by 11am. Truly awful and certainly not for oily skin. I'll stick to my trusty Lauder, should of know better.

I ended up going to MAC to try on some foundations even though my go to is the Matchmaster. I tried the studio fix and looked at it through one of the small handheld mirrors and thought it looked okay so I ended up purchasing it. When I ended up putting it on at home and looked at it in my big mirror at home it looked awful and there was absolutely no coverage at all. When I went to go return it I was telling the woman why I didn't like it and I was wearing it at the time and she said she didn't even know I was wearing foundation so I guess that's saying something. I will definitely be going back to my Matchmaster.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my lord this foundation. No. just no. Luckily I just got a sample of NC 25 my tried and true color and put it on before going to see the Warriors play in Oakland. Anyways I put it on and it was completely ORANGE. It looked awful. Maybe it had oxidized while on display. I dunno but the finish looked heavy and it was orange. Ugh so ugly. I'll stick to my water weight or Mac mineralize when using a Mac foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have oily, acne-prone skin.

I was initially mis-matched by a MAC store worker with the shade NC15 but soon realised that I was an NW10 due to my pink undertone.

I must say I did not like this foundation at ALL. It literally smells like paint. The application was smooth and easy to work with but it took forever to set. The finish is not quite matte like it says on the packaging, it is more semi-matte.

It looked really good on my skin at first but only after TWO HOURS my oil seeped through and I looked VERY CAKEY, it simply looked horrible.

While there is the option of a pump, you have to purchase it separately, which is completely ridiculous and insane, it should have just come with it to begin with. I am also not a fan of the glass bottle either, nor any glass packaging for that matter unless it is a perfume.

So to sum it all up, it is expensive, has a chemical/paint smell, takes forever to set, not completely matte but semi-matte, cakes on me after two hours and has terrible packaging.

I tried this foundation on several occasions and I ended up throwing it in the bin. I would advise people to stay away from this product if you are oily/acne-prone as well as accident-prone like me.

Very disappointing.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Been using for 5 years but no more.. It doesn't cover well seperates on my forehead and makes patches when it's hot outside... Transfers and accentuates every line on my face and makes it look as if I have deep laugh lines .. Kind of gives my face a stern resting bitch look. I won't buy it I'm in search of a better full coverage foundation .. Any suggestions plz inbox me