MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first bought this foundation after talking with a MAC beauty consultant and this is the foundation she recommended for my wants/needs: full coverage, concerns with oily skin. It does give full coverage and it cover imperfections well. It also lasts for me about 4-5 hours before becoming shiny, but it eventually always does and before the end of the day. It does oxidize to a shade darker, and moves and separate on me even with a silicone primer (maybe I'm doing something wrong). It's a good choice for people with imperfections or who need more coverage for other reasons. But, there are so many other choices out that I like better, even DS brands. I did give it 4 lippies because it does what it says, for the most part.

Pros: Color selection, full coverage, has SPF, though only 15, leaves a nice flat, but not dry matte finish

Cons: Scent, doesn't stay matte very long on my oily skin even with a powder setting and primer, doesn't come with a pump - you have to purchase that separately

I appreciate the fact MAC offers so many different shades. It is medium-full coverage foundation.

First thing I noticed is the smell. It smells like wet paint. And it is quite strong.... Well I thought I would be patient and tolerate the smell if it wears well. But the foundation oxidizes after 3 hours or so and turns orangey. This is sad!!

Ahhh, the color matched so well at first, but does not last all day. The smell lasted for hours.

I will not buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like the fact that it covers any redness. I felt like I needed better coverage as I started to get discoloration in my skin from aging. It definitely delievered as far as coverage goes. But now I'm starting to get fine lines around my eyes and this foundation really accentuates them. It's a little too thick and it leaves my skin looking dry. I also have a very nuetral skin tone and make foundations seem to all be very cool or very warm so they all tend to make me look either too pink or too yellow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i bought this makeup because it was suppose to be so well liked i use it one time it felt like it was to thick and you can see it seep into the pores and made me break out really bad. there is no kind of benefit to this at all like no anti-aging or skin benefit in it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very disappointed in this.

This dried my skin like no other foundation has. Like, immediately as soon as it was applied, my skin felt bone-dry. I have oily/combo skin. So imo, this should not have dried me out like that.

It also turned almost immediately yellow on me (the MAC sales associate matched me up with NC20). Of course, he only applied a little swipe to my jawline, so I did not get a chance to see how it really looked or performed. Lesson learned-ask for samples. If you get none, best to not buy the product!!! Or at the very least apply the product yourself in the store, as you would at home, and walk around the mall or wherever for an hour or so to get an idea how you might like the product.

And not to bash this completely, but it made me want to rub/itch my skin.

Thankfully it did not break me out, which was a big worry.
This just did not work for me.

I could not wait to get home and wash it off.
Coverage was decent, which is the only reason I gave this 2 stars/lippies as opposed to just one. But definitely would not re-purchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I thank GOD for honest sales reps. I originally purchased this product at Dillard's in the mall. I've tried two different colors, NW48 and 45. The reason for the darker to lighter shade is because the rep was honest enough to tell me that it oxidize, of course I found this out when using the NW48. So, I tried a few shades lighter hoping it would oxizide to a matchable color. To my disappointment, it did not. The coverage was great, but as for supressing oil, I didn't feel as though it held up too well. It's buildable foundation that goes on fairly smooth. Most of all, I didn't feel as though I was wearing make up at all. When I took the foundation back, she asked if I wanted to try another color, but I bowed out gracefully on her offer. I've tried this one, Longwear, and MatchMaster and got the same disappointing results. In fact, I can't remember which one, but one of them made me itch a lot and another heavily transfered. I thought the price was pretty decent ($28) for this partiular one, but after ringing it up, I was told that a pump didn't come with it as asked if I wanted to purchase one for $10 more. Wow! Really? As much as I've heard people rave about Mac foundation, I sorry, but I'm just not a fan.

I recently purchased the liquid studio fix foundation in NC20. Loooooveeee the coverage and setting it with the Studio Fix Powder Foundation looks amazing! I have even gotten compliments at work on how great my makeup looks. Now, if you do put too much on, it will look cakey. for touch ups during the day, I use the Blotting Powder in Medium and it helps with the oil around my T-Zone mainly my nose area. I did have a hard time for the makeup artist to match me but she finally did and im so glad I finally got the right shade. It definetly should come with a pump but I found the Cover girl 3 in 1 I believe its called the foundation one and that pump fits perfectly on the Mac bottle. :)

Absolutely brilliant foundation ..would definitely recommend to anyone to buy this product ..especially in the NC35 shade :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have almost used up my first bottle of this foundation. I have a back up already. I think this is very good foundation. I like the finish and the coverage. I wouldn't say it's full coverage, but a medium buildable coverage. I have rosacea and I find that this covers my redness pretty well. But I don't think it looks heavy on my face. I always set it with a loose powder and am very pleased with the finish. I have combination skin and am satisfied with the staying power. I have fairly sensitive skin but do not notice any ill effects as far as breakouts, etc. A good reliable foundation. Great color selection.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

What a disappointment! Highlighted every line I had around my eyes. Was too drying and too Matt for my skin. Shall go back to my fav Smashbox Studio Skin.