MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 18 & Under

3.5

ACNE:
I read lots of reviews saying that this foundation would break me out especially because I have acne-prone skin and it gets easily irritated. I am on my 4th day of using it and my acne is just the same as it always was if not better (but that is because I am using the body shop tea tree oil line which has cleared me a lot). Another plus to this foundation is that there is SPF15 and SPF is supposed to be great when protecting acne and avoiding scarring. I put this on around 6am and take it off around 12 hours later and remains good all day. YOU MUST REMOVE FOUNDATION PROPERLY OR YOU WILL BREAK OUT. I remove with a cetaphil wipe and then wash my face, use a toner, moisturize, and then put tea tree oil treatment on after.

PACKAGING:
The glass bottle is inconvenient for traveling and you need to pay separately for the foundation pump. It is also pretty pricey but works well so I can overlook that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have the colour NC10 and it pale but not yellow enough for me. The foundation gives medium to full coverage and lasts a long time. It lasts a long time but it does get oily.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation! I bought it after my friend recommended it to me in Mac, and decided to buy it as I've been looking for a new one. When I got home and read the reviews I was a bit skeptical to try it, but I was pleasantly surprised! Covers my redness really well, nice finish and lasts all day (looked just as good after a hot 8 hour shift at work as when I put it on). I applied it with a beauty blender, set with Mac Skinfinish and Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. I have pretty dry skin, so I applied some Mac Strobe Cream before putting on my makeup and it looked great. Overall, I'm very happy with this foundation and $32.00 is not too bad for high end. Will repurchase! (Just wish it had a pump)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely not for oily skin, cakey and didn't last through the day even with a primer underneath. also wish it had a pump

Looks great and lasts great but can be a bit drying if you tend to get dry in the winter.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have heard many good reviews about this product, so i thought i'd give it a try because the price of it wasn't bad at all. The foundation stays matte throughout the day, but it also has a luminous finish which i don't mind. But the coverage just wasn't enough for me. When I first applied it, it looked great! Throughout the day, my spots started peeking through and it was very noticeable along with the redness. I now mix it with my Tarte amazonian clay foundation and it has the best coverage with just the right amount of dewiness along with it. I would repurchase this foundation, as long as i have another product to mix it with.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I heard so many good reviews about this foundation and thought i'd try it out. I loved it for the first couple of days but after a couple of hours wearing the foundation it became super orange and just didn't last at all. I bought a second colour after the first one turned out orange but the second one was exactly the same! I love MAC Concealer but this foundation just isn't for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The MAC Studio fix fluid SPF 15 was one of my first high end makeup purchases.
I mainly bought it because I've found it hard to find pale foundations and as I'm NW10 it makes sense most are too orange on me. Anyway I love this foundation, it covers up my acne and it feels pretty nice on my skin. It has more of a matte look so if you don't like that look it's probably not for you but I prefer it as I tend to have a bit of an oily t-zone so I avoid products that make my skin too shiny.

In regards to your skin tone, if you don't already know your MAC shade then I'd recommend going to a MAC store/counter and just ask them what they think and they'll give you the right answer rather than you just making a guess. Also seeing it costs what it does ($49 in AUS) you don't want to buy the wrong one and I always find the MAC girls really nice and helpful.

Unfortunately due to my pale skin I am limited to which MAC foundations I can use but I do recommend this one, just don't use too much because it is full coverage so it may look cakey if you layer too much on. Also I'd say buy the pump, I know it's an extra $8 and to be honest I think it should come with one for the price but I find it is better in controlling how much you use.

Great Buildable coverage, I love the texture but sadly it does not go well with my skin it breaks me out horribly. :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is definitely among my favourite foundations. I'm in the shade NC 35 in the summer and NC 30 in the winter.

Pros:
- Great colour range
- Long lasting
- Medium build-able coverage
- Suits mature skin (my mother loves it)

Cons:
- A bit pricey
- Tends to oxidise (nothing that can't be fixed with some powder)
- No pump (a separate one could be bought)

I moisturise, put on primer and wait for it to set. Then, I apply this foundation with a foundation brush and tap it into my skin. I apply my Pro Long-wear concealer and set everything with MAC's sheer pressed powder. Then, I apply MAC's hydrating mist on top which takes about a minute to dry. It gives me the most gorgeous, luminous look ever. On my third bottle currently.