MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 18 & Under

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought NC25 a few months ago, honestly lol....I got shade matched at mac and I am super yellow, so i was like perfect usually NC's are perfect for my undertone and I want a medium-matte finish/coverage.
I went home and tried it out, I AM ORANGE GIRL LMFAOOO, all I thought was Alyssa Edwards saying to Coco Montrese ''look at fucking orange you look girl''. It doesn't last at all too, I only went to school and it was melting off my face, I live in Canada in -35 weather, and my skin wasn't even oily so why was it melting off, like I don't understand and girl it is thickkkkk it wouldn't even come out of the glass bottle you have to literally shake it onto your hand this 4 times before even a little comes out. I don't know, this foundation was a hot mess. Needless to say, i threw it into the garbage and only used it like 7 times. OH, also. It makes you break out like crazy because it is so thick. Like I like cake but damn girl. I recommend Milani conceal and perfect, keeps your oil under control, while providing a radiant finish and has olive+yellow undertones.. and its like $10 CAD

This is my current favourite foundation but it does have some cons. The coverage is good, it doesn't accentuate my pores as much as other foundations, and it feels comfortable on the skin. I need to powder this though, or it looks shiny. When set this looks amazing, but you definitely will need to blot and powder through the day if you're oily. It doesn't crease or break up on me and it doesnt oxidise or have flashback. I unfortunately got a shade which is a bit light for me, but I find the shade range awesome and they're realistic shades (not ridiculously orange, pink or grey). I've heard of people breaking out from this foundation but that's never been a problem for me... it's pretty much as close to perfect as I can get.

In a few words, this foundation does not stay put, does not always dry matte, gets greasy, gets cakey, fades, and also it broke me out.
So this was my first ever high-end foundation, and when I first got it about a couple years ago, I was excited. I would actually use it pretty often (I did not reach for it everyday, I didnt want to waste my expensive product for school), and I used to love it. At this point I have to mention that I have oily skin, especially on my nose and the area around it, some random dry patches, a lot of acne scars and also occasional breakouts, as well as a couple permanent pimples and large pores on my nose. My skin is, in general, pretty bad, so I loved this foundation for the coverage it offered. However, after my break from foundations for the sake of (lightweight, effortless and quick makeup), I actually feel like I must have been blind to like this foundation. First of all, it says it has a matte finish, but it never actually dries down on my skin, unless I set it with powder. Second, it says it stays matte and controls oil, but just a few hours after putting it on it gets greasy, cakey and it fades away, resulting in my acne scars becoming visible. Also it creases under my eyes. Last but certainly not least, the worst of all the cons: it broke me out. I finally managed to make my skin look good and vanish my pimples literally today, no joke, I woke up and my skin looked pretty good. No pimples, no dry patches... And then I had a special event this afternoon and I decided to treat myself and wear my expensive foundation. I WISH I had gone with my 3€ essence concealer! When I got home and removed my disaster of a foundation, I could see a bunch o white bumps and some red pimples that didnt exist before. This is not the first time something similar happens, so I figured it is because of the foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing Foundation for oily skin!! But i would not buy it again beacuase of the animal testing.

This foundation is really full coverage and has a range of shades to suit your skin. Keeps my face shine-free all day and doesn't move. It might be a bit drying so I wouldn't recommend it to very dry skin types, unless you intensely moisturise your face before application. Only down side is that it seeps into my smile lines, apart from that coverage, wear and colour is spot on. Love it

ACNE:
I read lots of reviews saying that this foundation would break me out especially because I have acne-prone skin and it gets easily irritated. I am on my 4th day of using it and my acne is just the same as it always was if not better (but that is because I am using the body shop tea tree oil line which has cleared me a lot). Another plus to this foundation is that there is SPF15 and SPF is supposed to be great when protecting acne and avoiding scarring. I put this on around 6am and take it off around 12 hours later and remains good all day. YOU MUST REMOVE FOUNDATION PROPERLY OR YOU WILL BREAK OUT. I remove with a cetaphil wipe and then wash my face, use a toner, moisturize, and then put tea tree oil treatment on after.

PACKAGING:
The glass bottle is inconvenient for traveling and you need to pay separately for the foundation pump. It is also pretty pricey but works well so I can overlook that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have the colour NC10 and it pale but not yellow enough for me. The foundation gives medium to full coverage and lasts a long time. It lasts a long time but it does get oily.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation! I bought it after my friend recommended it to me in Mac, and decided to buy it as I've been looking for a new one. When I got home and read the reviews I was a bit skeptical to try it, but I was pleasantly surprised! Covers my redness really well, nice finish and lasts all day (looked just as good after a hot 8 hour shift at work as when I put it on). I applied it with a beauty blender, set with Mac Skinfinish and Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. I have pretty dry skin, so I applied some Mac Strobe Cream before putting on my makeup and it looked great. Overall, I'm very happy with this foundation and $32.00 is not too bad for high end. Will repurchase! (Just wish it had a pump)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely not for oily skin, cakey and didn't last through the day even with a primer underneath. also wish it had a pump

Looks great and lasts great but can be a bit drying if you tend to get dry in the winter.