Farouk CHI Ultra Chi by Farouk

Farouk CHI Ultra Chi by Farouk

4.2

on 9/26/2015 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using Chi hair straighteners for years; about 8 to be exact.
I need to get a new one about every 2-3 years or so, due to regular wear and tear.
Most recently, the Ultra Chi I had for -almost- two years stopped working and the "test" button would not pop back up, so I replaced it with the new Chi G2 (2nd Generation Chi)
I have to say that I enjoy the technology of the G2 more than the Ultra Chi, but they both do an equally good job at straightening my thick, curly and frizzy hair. I don't have to go over the same spot multiple times, which was a common problem with cheaper flat irons.
I do use a heat-protectant spray on my hair prior to using this straightener, as well as a smoothing cream or oil following.

I absolutely love love love this staightener! I have have had this for about 6 years now! My mom bought it for me and I use it about 3-4 times a week! It is abut pricey but it's a great product! I recommend that you buy this and you won't be disappointed!

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this at Ulta for $69.99? Originally $99, I had 20% off coupon and used my reward points for an additional discount. It's the beautiful spring hot pink floral paisley pattern. Ultra CHI Chic Paisley 1 Inch Ceramic Flat Iron. I have pretty straight asian hair and I was looking an effective method to curl it. After my friend used her Chi on successfully curing my hair I bit the bullet and purchased a Chi at Ulta.

This heats up fast and is pretty powerful for my already straight, thick, course hair.

There's a learning curve to curl with a straightener but once you get the hang out if you can curl your hair pretty fast depending on how long your hair is. My hair is mid waist right above my but. Once I section my hair, it takes me about 15 minutes to curl my whole head and my curls lasts forever. It can last up to a week if I don't wash my hair.

My only complaint is that it doesn't have a heat adjustment because sometimes it's TOO hot for my hair.

My next straightener will have a heat adjustment.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I love this flat iron! Glides through hair smoothly. Leaves very little frizz. Absolutely gorgeous colors to choose from! Awesome warranty! Heats up quickly! Does not leave heated smell, or fills the bathroom with a burning odor. I am very happy with my purchase. Got mine for 100 dollars at ulta! Very happy :)

on 4/21/2013 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Stopped working less than 9 months after the purchase. The store did not accept an exchange or credit and referred me to the company instead :(

It wasn't a contact point issue with the cord because I was very careful with the storage.

I am so bummed because this was a good iron. I hope I just got a lemon.

My first CHI went 8 years strong, my Sedu less than 3, and now this.

Keep your receipt, ladies.

on 4/14/2013 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I understand why this product is so pricey. It's expensive because its a great product. I had been using a Remington straightener for years but wanted something smaller to be able to curl with. Bought this one for around $100. I have long, coarse, wavy hair and it takes me 10 minutes to do my whole head. The ceramic plates make it glide through your hair like butter.

After having a Sedu for 4 or 5 years I decided to get a new iron. I have to say, as durable and long-lasting as my Sedu was, Chi does give better results. My hair is shinier and the ends look less fried than with my Sedu. I'm in love!

on 12/30/2010 11:01:00 PM

I have bought a wide variety of straighteners over the years...but I have never used one as amazing a this Chi. I held out for a long time because I didn't want to spend the money, but Santa brought me one this year, and I will never go back. It gives me amazing straight hair...or great curls. And my favorite is a slight wave, which I have been trying to get forever. Love, love love it.

on 12/23/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my third flat iron, the first was a cheapie drug store (no use for this at all, made my hair looked seriously fried) a midrange priced one that did an okay job - but this makes my hair look gorgeous. Smooth, silky and very quickly does the job - I don't like that you can't adjust the heat at all, and for the price it looks a little junkily put together but it does a wonderful job. It gets a 4 because it's ridiculously priced at $159.00 but I got mine on sale for $99.00 so I guess that's better.

on 11/11/2010 3:11:00 PM

This flat iron is amazing, period. Works very, very well. Would never buy any other kind. Girls, don't waste your $$ on the cheapies! I bought mine at least 5 years ago and it shows no sign of wear or slowing down. Worth every penny.

Popular Hair Styling Tools