Tarte Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler

Tarte Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got one of these packaged for the 2017 Christmas holidays with blinged out handles, called the “Lash Delights Eye Essentials”. It came with an extra pad and a sample of mascara. I am not sure if the rhinestones help or hinder use, but I don’t feel they hurt at all. I had a classic tweezerman eyelash curler with the loops for the fingers, but find this style awkward and would always forget to completely release it or not hold it right and yank a little on my lashes. I tossed the tweezerman out of frustration. I thought I’d try this style because it opens on its own with a spring. I like how I just need to put it into position, squeeze lightly on the handles, and then let go, without any pinching! I would definitely rebuy this if it broke or I lost it. It takes up more room than a finger loop style curler but I think the ease of use makes it worth it.

on 2/15/2018 11:52:00 AM

This curler works nicely; I notice a difference, and the curl (with mascara) lasts at least until I leave work in the evening. I also ordered this from Sephora, and it came with a free sample of a Tarte mascara.

The form factor is really nice - I like the grippy handles, and it's easy to use. It also comes with a little plastic "holder" that holds it almost-shut when, for when you're not using it (or maybe it's just part of the packaging I should have thrown out, but it works for this!).

The more accurate answer to "would re-purchase" is "I'm not sure". This is my first eyelash curler, and while I do see a noticeable difference, I have a feeling I could get a more dramatic curl elsewhere. I think when this one stops working, I'd try another one & then come back to this one if I was disappointed.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love pretty much anything by Tarte. I was really disappointed in this curler, though. The feel is nice, the grip is good, the shape is perfect, but it does not clamp down hard enough to get a good lasting curl. I mean it barely curls my lashes at all. I bought this at Ulta when I ran out of spare Shiseido curler sponge thingies. I will probably give this away and just get refills for the Shiseido one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Got this as a Christmas gift and I LOVE it! Does an excellent job at curling my lashes and keeping them curled all day. It really perks up my eyes! It is pricy, but I like the design and it's cute and effective!

Great

on 10/13/2016 5:36:00 PM

Okay, i'm going to be honest. I've probably curled my lashes 4 times in my entire life, and only because of a cheerleading competition or other special event i was going to. I have pretty long lashes and never really thought eyelash curlers made any difference. That was until my roommate and I were at Ulta the other day and she beelined straight for the Tarte eyelash curler. I ended up using her curler the next morning before I went to work, as per her orders (she doesn't understand why i've always been anti-eyelash curler). Within the hour at work, I received two compliments on how amazing my eyelashes looked that day. One girl even thought I was wearing falsies. Needless to say, this is the only eyelash curler that actually made a difference in the appearance of my lashes, and now i'm (finally) a fan of eyelash curlers!

on 5/25/2016 11:07:00 AM

I picked this up at Ulta last years during the Holidays in a set that came with the "Lights Camera Lashes" mascara. Mascara is great but really don't like this curler. It doesn't do much to curl, I had problems with pinching and I had a hard time getting used to a curler that didn't have the loops for your fingers. Will continue to use until it wears out but definitely would not purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been curling my eyelashes since i was in 5th grade so for about 9 years now. And I got this in 8th grade as my first Sephora purchase! I was so excited to finally have a good eyelash curler and boy I was wrong. Im not sure if this happened to other girls (or guys) but the curler got completely dismantled and its legs twisted only after 3 weeks of having it. And at that time this was $20. I'm guessing they lowered the price. But now, I just stick to the ones at marshalls cause they have the same hold. I heard Japanese curlers were good too. But this, biggest disappointment ever. And I'm usually all for investing in better quality beauty products. And tarte is also one of my favorite brands. But not that time.

on 9/11/2015 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It didn't occur to me that this wouldn't work! This has lovely, soft handles, a nice, springy squeeze plus plenty of room for my lashes unlike my battered Shu curler however, this doesn't curl my lashes. I will try a few more times in case I haven't got the technique right -- I only know how to use the Shu.

on 3/17/2016 11:24:00 PM

The curl is great-lasts a decent amount of time... However, the actual part that curls your lashes, is not curved like the eye is. It is pretty straight which leads to pinched lids- that is not acceptable for an eyelash curler (an expensive one at that.) Also the lash curler pulled out several lashes and am now left with hardly anything as I naturally do not have tons of lashes. I would say this curler sucks. Can do it's job, but my Revlon doesn't take away my lashes.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools