Tarte Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler

Tarte Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler

3.5

on 5/25/2016 11:07:00 AM

I picked this up at Ulta last years during the Holidays in a set that came with the "Lights Camera Lashes" mascara. Mascara is great but really don't like this curler. It doesn't do much to curl, I had problems with pinching and I had a hard time getting used to a curler that didn't have the loops for your fingers. Will continue to use until it wears out but definitely would not purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been curling my eyelashes since i was in 5th grade so for about 9 years now. And I got this in 8th grade as my first Sephora purchase! I was so excited to finally have a good eyelash curler and boy I was wrong. Im not sure if this happened to other girls (or guys) but the curler got completely dismantled and its legs twisted only after 3 weeks of having it. And at that time this was $20. I'm guessing they lowered the price. But now, I just stick to the ones at marshalls cause they have the same hold. I heard Japanese curlers were good too. But this, biggest disappointment ever. And I'm usually all for investing in better quality beauty products. And tarte is also one of my favorite brands. But not that time.

To Read all 134 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/17/2016 11:24:00 PM

The curl is great-lasts a decent amount of time... However, the actual part that curls your lashes, is not curved like the eye is. It is pretty straight which leads to pinched lids- that is not acceptable for an eyelash curler (an expensive one at that.) Also the lash curler pulled out several lashes and am now left with hardly anything as I naturally do not have tons of lashes. I would say this curler sucks. Can do it's job, but my Revlon doesn't take away my lashes.

on 9/11/2015 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It didn't occur to me that this wouldn't work! This has lovely, soft handles, a nice, springy squeeze plus plenty of room for my lashes unlike my battered Shu curler however, this doesn't curl my lashes. I will try a few more times in case I haven't got the technique right -- I only know how to use the Shu.

on 7/16/2015 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not a terrible eyelash curler but not worth the price imo. This does curl my difficult lashes (they point down naturally!) but the curl doesn't hold for long and the pad is fairly squishy which causes me to pinch my eyelid a bit when I get too close to the lashline and it leaves a crease on my lid. I bought one of the limited edition brightly coloured one and it's beautiful but doesn't work anywhere near as well as my old Shu Uemura one. I think I need the firmer pad, would not repurchase this.

on 5/18/2015 10:44:00 PM

So I got this at Beauty Con last year for $10. I really don't know if I'd repurchase at the full price b/c I kinda wanna try others. I've only tried the Elf & Revlon one. It works really well for me. I like to heat it up before I use it.

I have tried many eyelash curlers but this is definitely my favorite one. It's perfect for my shape of eye and it takes no work to get it done.
I was very impressed from the 1st time I used it.
It came with my favorite mascara and that was a huge plus.

on 4/18/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this duo (mascara and curler). Although I have only had the products for a week, I can always tell right away if I will like a product or not. I will start with the mascara mini that comes with it. I am very pleased that I gt to test it out as I have a full sized waterproof version unopened ready to go down south with me. it usually takes me like a week or so to "break in" a mascara and figure out how the best way to use it is. From my first use it just worked perfectly right away. I'm a lengthening mascara kinda of girl with some volume, and this gives me that. With the first coat! 2nd coat gives it more of a 'va-va-voom' effect. Now for the eyelash curler... Great. I have never had issues with the elf one I ought for like 1$, however it got old and it was time for a replacement. This did the trick. I have fairly long lashes, but they need to be curled because they are straight. They hold a curl well though, at least with the products I have tried, and this one is no exception. Do I wish the curler was cheaper, yes, HOWEVER the mascara mini on it's own is 12$ here in Canada, so it makes the value of both items worth it.

on 4/2/2015 12:41:00 PM

This is my first purchase of a higher-end eyelash curler. I have always bought inexpensive ones, $5.00 or under. Not that I buy them all of the time, they usually last quite a long time. I thought there would be a noticeable difference, but to me, there's not. My cheap Revlon one does the same thing. I also don't like that the spring holds it in an open position. You either have to put the little plastic piece that comes with it back on each time, or it takes up more room in your makeup bag/case. I used the clip for the first few weeks, then gave up on it. If this eyelash curler broke tomorrow or I lost it, I would not buy another one.

on 12/26/2014 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Really good eyelash curler. I'm coming from using Sally Hansen, so this was obviously a good jump. Really easy to use due to the design and feels comfortable in your hand, doesn't hurt your eyes or stick to your lashes resulting in eyelash loss.

Must-buy.