OPI My Chihuahua Bites

OPI My Chihuahua Bites

4.6

on 8/10/2016 5:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Described as a "bright orange-red" but I detect a hint of pink undertone in my bottle as well. This cream applied opaque in 2 coats, doesn't streak and lasts a standard amount of time before chipping (a couple days for me). It's a pretty colour, I'm not totally wowed by it but it's nice. Would repurchase.

Edit - I changed my mind, I am totally wowed by this. I wore it again the other day and it just looks so good with my skintone. I don't often wear reds on my fingers but this looks really great, I could not stop staring at my nails. The ease of application makes it look flawless and it has some shine on it's own so after a topcoat it's super glossy. Looks better on me than blue based reds which I hadn't realized before, this colour will also work well year round. Bumping it up to a perfect score. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Lovely coral with a cooler undertone, almost a cool pink feel under the coral red orange. I am more of a fall colouration, while my dil is a "summer" both pale and cool toned. I can wear it, it looks fine on me but it looks STUNNING on her! So I gave it to her, and yes I'd buy another bottle for her, anytime I am stumped for a nice small present to cheer her up.

Not sure I'd buy it for me, there are so many other corals that I can wear well, that I don't need another, but it's the only coral that looks right on her.

I'd say if you are a cool season tone, and haven't found "the" coral yet, try this one, it's an amazing and lovely shade. I can't think of a skin colour from fair to dark that this wouldn't look good on.

It's a cream formula, no shimmer that I can detect, nice and glossy with the usual OPI good wear time. Worked well on me and on my daughter in law too. I can't say I noticed any chipping problem, quite the opposite actually for both of us.

Covers in one coat but best with 2 coats.

To Read all 75 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Beautiful bright clean coral-orange. It lasted for about a week on me which was really nice! It looked opaque in 2 coats and dried fast. Such a gorgeous fun shade!

A nice, bright, orangey-red colour. It applies easily and is opaque in two coats. The colour is fun and looks nice on my natural NC20 skin and when I have a tan. However, I find that this polish chips like crazy! I have a large collection of both OPI and Essie polishes and no other polish I own has the chippink problem this one does. Sometimes it chips the same day that I apply it! The colour is lovely, but it gets a low rating from me due to this. Try Essie's Lollipop instead.

on 5/24/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not a huge red fan but this is probably my favorite red. Once I put it on I rarely feel like taking it off. It's a gorgeous summery red. It's orange toned and bright. It's very pretty and creamy.

I always get compliments on it and asked what it is. It's classy yet fun. Very good formula, typical of OPI. Their reds are my favorite reds. Two coats and its opaque. It has a slightly crelly formula. Which I love because it looks fresh.

I love the colour of this polish but it seems to chip more easily than my other OPI polishes. The colour is a bright, red-orange and is opaque in two/three coats. The formula is thin and easy to use and OPI's wide brush allows me to cover my nail in one stroke. However, the colour isn't particularly unique, and many similar colours can be found in the OPI brand. Due to the chipping problem, I would not repurchase but instead purchase a similar colour by OPI or Essie as the colour itself is quite pretty.

on 3/29/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This colour is beautiful. I have just grown my nails for the first time, at 43years old. No more artificial nails, I decided to look after them naturally. Now that they are long, I'm so proud of how gorgeous they look painted. So 10 OPI polishes later (in 4mths) I've bought a Red for winter. Studying all the OPI shades at Farmers Lambton Quay (Wellington NZ) I went with My Chihuahua Bites (an Orangey/Red). It looks so stylish with my mid length Square filed nails. And looks amazing matched with my MAC Lady Danger (Orangey/Red) Lipstick.

on 6/26/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the color! It is very fitting for summer and those people who want to boost up their mood. However, I find it chipping easily. It cracked after three days. I don't think my job is stressful for my nails so I got annoyed that it cracked easily.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

A beautiful colour that I'm in love with, perfect for summer or anytime if you ask me! OPI is my go to nail polish brand. Expensive, but as always, worth it.

on 1/14/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This has fast become my HG Nail Polish! I picked this up 2 months ago and I haven't switched back to my previous fave OPI Big Apple Red for my toes since. It is a coral-orange, leaning towards pink in natural daylight but can look orangey indoors (yellow lighting). It has a creamy finish, opaque but streaky with one coat so I apply two. AND IT LASTS LONGER THAN ANY OTHER NAIL POLISH I'VE TRIED! It doesn't chip off at all only when my nails grow and there's that bare nail exposed is when I repaint my nails! I went away and I was at the beach heaps in the water and through showers everything there's not one sign of wear. I don't use a base or top coat and this has really impressed me. Highly recommend and now a staple in my collection.

Popular Polishes