The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter

The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
Strawberry Body Butter

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragaria ananassa (Natural Additive), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fragaria chiloensis (Strawberry Seed Oil) (Natural Additive), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Rosmarinus officinalis (Natural Additive), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 14700 (Colour).

on 5/13/2016 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't use this currently, and when I did I would use as a full body moisturizer. Just for a hand cream. The lotion is so so, somewhat greasy. But I love this smell soo much! Only reason why I would buy ever.

What a disappointing product.
I saw this at Marshalls and since I love the smell of strawberries,I snapped it up.
This was a greasy mess. As far as the scent of strawberries is concerned, no way. It smelled like spoiled strawberry jam,sour and plastic. Awful!

on 11/10/2015 11:44:00 PM

The Body Shop body butters are a classic. They come in a tub with a screw top, and are an incredibly thick lotion, with a very balmy consistency - like a tub of butter! The strawberry scent is one of my favourites, which I have used time and time again. They make my skin incredibly soft and hydrated, which is good as I am quite prone to dry skin. This is also gentle enough for me to use on my sensitive skin without any irritation whatsoever. (In fact, I have never had a reaction to a Body Shop product.) It does take a while to sink into the skin, so I prefer to use this body butter in the evenings, but it feels very luxurious and the result is lovely, smooth, soft, strawberry scented skin. The scent is the typical Body Shop Strawberry scent - a very sweet, candy-like strawberry scent. It is gorgeous and very girly. It is, in my opinion, the scent that I would consider to be The Body Shop's signature scent. I love all things strawberry, and the Body Shop's Strawberry range is no exception. I love this product, have used it for years and will use it for years to come.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I REALLY wanted to like this- but when I finally smelled it I was pretty disappointed. Sure at first it smells nice (not really like real strawberries but still good), but it lingers too much and the smell started becoming slightly sickening in my opinion. It is very thick which I would love if it sunk into the skin quickly, but instead it feels quite sticky and greasy to me... It is a shame since because of the hype I thought this would be a really great product, but sadly was not impressed:(.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Mmmmm I love this stuff. Okay so I'll be honest the ONLY reason I went for this product was because I heard Taylor Swift wears it and I wanted to smell like her...(I was 19 give me a break).

I love the smell. I was scared I wouldn't but it has a good balance of sweet, and I always get compliments when I wear it. The smells last the whole day. It feels good on my skin and absorbs really well.

I'm very strange because I always buy this February 1st and wear it for that month only. Its Valentines MONTH and I'm all girly and giggly. I also have a song for that month...don't judge.

"Its You" Picture and Sound

on 7/8/2015 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Sweet smelling and moisturizing. I love using it on spa/girls' nights. It also makes a for fun addition to gift packs for young girls.

on 6/8/2015 2:10:00 PM

I really love the smell of strawberries. This is one of my favorite Body Shop body butters. It has a nice strawberry scent that is not super-sweet. There is a faint plastic note in there, but it's hardly noticeable. It has a nice consistency, spreads well, and absorbs quickly. I wish the scent lasted a little bit longer. And it is rather pricey, so I would try to get it on sale.

on 4/30/2015 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Bummer... I so wanted this to smell like what I remember my strawberry shortcake doll smelling like when I was 7 years old. I remember that smell VERY well, and to my nose, this body butter does not resemble it.
Yes, this has a plasticy strawberry aroma to it, but to me its not the same plasticy kid-toy of the strawberry shortcake doll of my youth. That one was much brighter.... yummier.
This one, at least the tub I received, has a very odd off putting deep dark plastic (almost burned plastic!) to it. This might be because it was delivered during a heatwave... possibly.

That being said I am on the fence about this stuff. I own a few varieties already of the Body Shop Butters (coconut, satsuma, almond, and olive) and so far my favorite's are the coconut and the satsuma. Both of those smell like the real thing, and they smell fabulous.

This one certainly doesnt smell like real fresh strawberries... although there would be no mistaking the smell is a strawberry smell. It smells like artificial strawberries and cream. Definitely a slight " milky creamy" factor to this scent, which is nice.
Its refreshing, but I dunno if I can get past the plastic here.

As with all the body butters I have from Body Shop... Its a great moisturizer. Far less greasy than the coconut or almost. Its nice and thick, slightly solid, which is how I prefer my body butters to be.
Ive been laying this under a few spritzes of Burberry (the original/classic one), and so far I like the effect.
Probably will not buy this again... My tub will last me ages I am sure because I will only use it when I am in a rare mood for it.
Not blown away. Really was craving that nostalgic strawberry shortcake doll vibe, but oh well.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This cream does not smell like fresh strawberries at all. It smells exactly like the freeze dried strawberries you find in cereal. I applied this and a few minutes later my boyfriend came into the room and actually asked me if I had been eating Special K...definitely not what I was aiming for! The texture is lovely and buttery. But it is definitely very greasy and heavy. Best for elbows and heels. I probably won't be using this again...it smells like off fruit. A little disappointed.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I love this body butter because of it's whipped-like texture. The smell is very reminiscent of strawberries and when I'm looking for something a bit for fruity, I grab this body butter. I've also tried the shea body butter which is thicker than this one. I believe that the strawberry scent it a little thinner and could possibly be less moisturizing. I notice that this soaks in very quickly. When I got this for Christmas I was very excited and I'm super happy that I own this product!!!