Stila just my luck palette in lucky plum

1 review

on 9/1/2006 3:42:00 PM

eyeshadow: shimmery bone

eyeshadow: shimmery taupe

eyeshadow: olive with bronze shimmer

blush: pink with light shimmer

lipstick: golden berry with light shimmer

Product - Great palette for classic look with my AAB/NC25 coloring. Tha e/s are definitely on the shimmery side - it might have been nice for one of them to be a matte or satiny shade. The pink blush has slight shimmer and does not seem as pigmented as other Stila blushes I have tried. I love the l/s! IIRC some other reviewers thought the color was way too dark - and in the pan it seems dark - but on my lips the color is a beautiful warm browned-red with slight golden shimmer, and suits my coloring very well (and the shade does not seem dark on me). Overall the palette colors work well with each other. The e/s and blush are understated and classic, and pair nicely with the rich lipcolor. Not sure how they came up with the palette name, though, this does not seem plummy at all :)

Packaging - Compact has a full length mirror and lip brush included, tho I have to wonder why they didnt put an e/s brush on the other end of the handle... Watch out for the crystals on the lid, they can scratch other items in your bag.

Overall - Great colors in this palette, definitely would repurchase! continued >>