Stila just my luck palette in lucky plum

4.8

on 9/1/2006 3:42:00 PM

eyeshadow: shimmery bone

eyeshadow: shimmery taupe

eyeshadow: olive with bronze shimmer

blush: pink with light shimmer

lipstick: golden berry with light shimmer

Product - Great palette for classic look with my AAB/NC25 coloring. Tha e/s are definitely on the shimmery side - it might have been nice for one of them to be a matte or satiny shade. The pink blush has slight shimmer and does not seem as pigmented as other Stila blushes I have tried. I love the l/s! IIRC some other reviewers thought the color was way too dark - and in the pan it seems dark - but on my lips the color is a beautiful warm browned-red with slight golden shimmer, and suits my coloring very well (and the shade does not seem dark on me). Overall the palette colors work well with each other. The e/s and blush are understated and classic, and pair nicely with the rich lipcolor. Not sure how they came up with the palette name, though, this does not seem plummy at all :)

Packaging - Compact has a full length mirror and lip brush included, tho I have to wonder why they didnt put an e/s brush on the other end of the handle... Watch out for the crystals on the lid, they can scratch other items in your bag.

Overall - Great colors in this palette, definitely would repurchase! continued >>

on 6/10/2006 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would buy each of these products again! As said, colors aren't plum but they work for me who could never wear anything plum! The shadows stay in place the longest but the blush and lippie tend to fade too quickly. I'm pale with red hair and brown eyes and this just works so well for me. Not to mention the package is gorgeous! I also have the peach and they work too. Finally a paired up palette that I won't be swapping away! (Sorry girls!) Definately get one for yourself b/c you won't be swapping it either!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I was lucky enough (er, no pun intended!) to get this in a swap and I LOVE it! It's defintely not plum, as already mentioned so I won't go into the shades except to say it's a lovely set of neutrals and the case is absolutely adorable. Same as the Press Shy palette I have, the e/s and blush are so soft and blendable, I'm impressed. I've never been a huge fan of Stila until now so this is great and I'm seriously considering getting Lucky Peach too. This is definitely a must-buy if you love Stila or just want a good quality, portable, cute palette with very wearable shades. I just don't want the case to get scratched or crystals to fall off, so I'll keep it in the box when I carry it around.

on 3/23/2006 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is fabulous. The shades go so well with my coloring (very PPP, green hazel/eyes, dark hair, cool-toned), and the packaging is feminine and sturdy. The eyeshadows really bring out green eyes, the (cool-toned, shimmery pink) blush is nicely pigmented for a glowy look, and the plummy/berry lip color can be dabbed on for a subtle stain or applied more liberally for a vibrant look. I like that it's not too clunky and can easily fit into a purse. It's great for those overnight trips where you want to look good the next morning but don't want to seem like a high-maintenance princess.

I think this is the best palette that Stila has ever made. I'm seriously considering buying a back-up, which is something I never do!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hate how Stila does not label the shades in the palettes. As a collector, i have to have it if i dont already own the colors. So far the shades have been labeled as ecru, grace and golightly. I thought this palette would be more pink or plum and you get a surprising mismatch of colors. The lightest shade ecru, is a shimmery off white color. In the middle is grace, a shimmery taupe with a hint of plum to it and finally there is golightly, a shimmery olive with golden undertones. I felt like th golightly belonged in a warmer palette. Th blush is a true pink shimmer. A little soft for my nc30 light olive complexion and the lipcolor is a browned berry. I didnt think that looked like it belonged either. However, all together it looked very nice on. The shadows are nicley pigmented, super soft and easy to blend. Retails for $30 and comes in a cute pink case with crystals on it. Overall, worth the money in my opinion.

on 1/29/2006 8:53:00 PM

I LOVE this palette!!! I just got this yesterday and it is already a favorite!! I won't describe the colors again because they have been well described below, but let me just say this is a great look!!! IMO this is one of stila's best palettes. The case is so cute and sturdy too- pink with crystals on the cover. For reference I am PPP dark blonde hair, blue eyes, stila 20 watts.