3.5

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

I usually love Pantene Shampoo and I especially love their conditioners, so I trust the brand. I bought the clarifying shampoo because I've moved to a hard water area and it's ruining my hair, so I thought this might help, or at the very least, make my hair feel a bit cleaner and lighter. It's clear, and it lathers up quite well, but it doesn't have the usual lovely smell that the other Pantene shampoos have, and it doesn't feel as good either. It hasn't helped recover my hair and doesn't seem to have done anything that a basic shampoo wouldn't have done. There wasn't much point switching to it.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Wow! So I bought a huge 25.4 oz bottle of this on ebay almost 5 years ago. I just NOW used it up. If you're like me and only deep clarify your hair once week, then this shampoo is extremely economical. I loved its fresh scent, and never felt like this weighed my fine hair down, but got it super clean. My hair gets super sweaty and grimy with my job, and I need a deep cleansing shampoo to whip it back into shape. Sadly, by reading reviews, it sounds like this is discontinued, which is a shame, because for a drugstore product this is truly a steal.

About reviewer (453 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

6 years ago

i have used pantene for quite awhile..do not use anymore..when i decided to use a clarifying shampoo i chose CHI ..

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

While Pantene products work well on your hair, DO NOT USE THEM. They contain a type of wax that coats your hair and leaves residue on it. One of the worst shampoo brands for your hair.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Ok just so we're clear, this review is referring to every single kind of Pantene Shampoo - classic care, straight & sleek, nature fusion, you name it. I've tried them all, and I find their performance extraordinary. I know absolutely nothing about hair. I never use styling products, and half the year I don't even use a hairdryer. So this comes from an absolute hair rookie: I love it. I've been using it for ten years straight and I haven't found another brand that holds a candle to this one. It's amazing. I wash my hair in the shower, and when it dries it's left incredibly light, glossy and sleek. I have naturally straight, heavy hair with very little volume. This shampoo leaves it so clean it just flows in the wind, almost weight-less and quite voluminous, for about an entire day. After that I don't need to wash it for another 3-4 days: On the first day my hair is commercial-clean, on the second day it looks great, on the third day it looks very decent, and on the fourth day it starts to look not so fresh, so right there or on the fifth day tops, I'll wash it. This might sound like too rare of a wash comparing to most people, but I seriously want to squeak in terror when I hear especially women say they wash their hair every day or every other day. I imagine if I did that, there wouldn't be a single hair left on my head by now. Plus why do it, if it looks so good and fresh for 3 days in a row. Aaanyhow, my favorite scent is the Nature Fusion one. It's divine, makes me want to eat the whole thing. Have been and will be repurchasing!

About reviewer (184 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

Ok, so this product is supposed to provide a deep clean for your hair and get rid of dirt completely. It did that but it also COMPLETELY STRIPPED MY HAIR OF ANY MOISTURE AT ALL! It left my hair literally squeaky clean - and not in a good way. My hair was like straw after using this product and was so, so dry! I wouldn't reccommend it unless your hair is really, really greasy!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

9 years ago

WARNING: Pantene is Very bad for your hair!!! It has Additives and chemicals In It! It also leaves a residue In your hair. All Pantene products are the same!!

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3.0
from

9 years ago

This is a good shampoo, definitely does the job. I don't use a lot of product, but I have oily hair, and it really gets it all out. Not my all time favorite shampoo, but I definitely don't regret buying it

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3.0

9 years ago

I do like this stuff, but my favorite will always be Herbal Essences clarifying shampoo. I use this once a week, but it's too gentle for me. I have wavy coarse hair that needs a lot of product to control it, and while this stuff gets my hair clean, it doesn't give me that deep clean that other products have done.

About reviewer (396 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

9 years ago

i don't know about others. but to me, this was very nice. much cheeper than salon sampoo but this works better than Redken to me. making my hair so clean and smooth. but i discard 1 lippie because i don't think this makes my scalp really clean, it cleans my scalp just as much as average shampoo.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age30-35