Model in a Bottle

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
 Model in a Bottle

2.1

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I wanted to love this so much lol.

On occasions that I did try to use this for an all night event it did work some times. However, it caused severe dry patches and a rashy appearance to my skin the next day.

Since then I have found another cheap drugstore brand that works and does not dry the hell out of my skin. Looking back at the alcohol content I can't believe I ever abused myself with the stuff.

I'm guessing this would be better for those with really oily skin. I have combination oily/dry and it did me no favours.

on 3/23/2015 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have really oily skin and I have a hard time with my foundation staying in place. I've tried different primers, toners and nothing helps. I tried Model in a Bottle and I'm not gonna lie I was a little shocked when I first sprayed it on my face. It stung pretty bad and smelled strong. Once that passed I continued getting ready for my day and usually by the time I'm done I'm already very oily, but I was matte and I felt really clean and pretty the rest of the day. I HATE when I first spray it on my face but It's definitely worth it. My skin isn't sensitive or prone to breakouts so I would be careful with this product if you are. I think this is a great solution if you have extremely oily skin. I got a lot of compliments on my makeup :) That's always a plus!

on 12/21/2013 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to like this because it was a gift from my sister but unfortunately I did not. Let me start off with the packaging. It looks cute but when I tried to spray it on my face the nozzle did not "spritz" the product it gushed it out in a straight stream and it sprayed way too much, perhaps a defect so I transferred the product on to a different bottle and it did not set my make up or make it last longer. It also smells like hairspray. Its like I sprayed hair spray on my face...not good. I would not recommend this product

on 6/13/2013 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this setting spray in the matte finish a while back. When I sprayed it the irritation it brought to my skin was ridiculous. I felt stingy and dry. I get that it's supposed to make me oil-free, but the fact that my skin felt tight was not right. (I rhyme on the daily) I get that this is supposed to be an alternative for higher brands, but I rather just dish out the money for a more expensive one.

on 9/10/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't care for this product.......makes your face sticky and I feel it causes breakouts. Did the makeup stay?... probably but I was so distracted by the breakouts it caused I didn't really pay attention to the makeup staying power.

It's a nice, cute bottle.. if you don't have acne prone or sensitive skin, it may work for you.....

on 6/29/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My friend from Make-Up School was raving to me how amazing this is, only ONE make-up distributor is fully stocked on this in San Diego. I got one, and I tried spraying it. It was completely empty so I brought it back and told her and she said wow, this is the third bottle from Model In A Bottle sent to us that was empty. Not a drip in sight.

But she gave me a new one. I tried it, it smells like musk perfume. The bottle squirts all stupid. Some part will come out really straight and not misty so it evenly distrubites the face. It squirts right to my eyelash and makes it a little loose. Ughhh that always gets me. So I put it in a U.D Setting Spray bottle so it sprays normally, I didn't see anything too amazing about it. I don't think it helps mattify at all.
I don't care too much about it, I wouldn't purchase it again. I'd rather by U.D or Make-Up Forever's... pretty bottle, though.

on 6/5/2011 10:15:00 PM

Oh how i wanted to love this product from all they hype and reviews from YouTube.
My item came 2 days later which is nice, and i was THRILLED to use it the next morning.
WOW...i sprayed it and it sprays in a funky angle that lands on half my face, and the smell...OH MY GOD!!...smells like a VERY musky perfume..i went to work that morning but i was still smelling that thing..after about an hour or so..my head was killing me i felt horrible (bad scents trigger my migraines). then my stomach started to turn, i had to hurl..and I DID..TWICE!!!...anyways, i had to go home early because this "miracle product" made me SICK..i do admit that my face looked the same as when i left that morning..ive used it a few more times and it didn't make me so sick, but my blush faded as usual and it really made no difference...will NOT be purchasing again..

I heard so many good reviews about this product, so I decided to buy it to try it out. Let's just say it's more like disaster in a bottle..first i put on my makeup as usual and then i went to spray my face just as the directions said. It claims to come out in a "nice mist", um no it was more like a "nice squirt gun to the face" and it shot directly into my eye and started burning. so then since i couldn't open my eyes from the burn, my eye makeup started to run all down my face so then by the time my eyes stopped burning my makeup was all dripping down my face. I can honestly say my makeup looked way better before i put this on my face. It has an extremely strong smell of alcohol which made me question if this was even healthy to put on my skin? (i doubt it) and besides the nasty smell it wreaked of, it burned as soon as it touched my face. & it made my face oily. My face looked better before i even put this product on. Honestly not a difference. & it's expensive, especially for something that doesn't work, don't waste your money. Better off sticking to just doing makeup. I'd rather do touchups every 5 min than deal with all that. It's very obvious that this product was made by some lady trying to find a way to get rich fast, and it works because people buy into it.

UPDATE: I took out the original pump this came with, and i replaced it with a cleaned out hairspray pump that misted instead of "squirting" out at me.....& it still sucks. I honestly look better without this on my face. & also, i went to sephora to test out the setting spray from urban decay, & IT WORKS 100 X BETTER! As soon as the lady sprayed it on my face there was noo smell at all, NO ALCOHOL, & it didn't feel sticky at all...& I'am happy to say my face did not get oily at all! wayyy better product. so i would definitely reccommend trying out the one from urban decay, i'm going to return "disaster in a bottle" for the urban decay one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I do ballroom dance, so I definitely need my makeup to endure a workout. I've tried several makeup fixatives (Urban Decay All Nighter; Make Up For Ever Mix & Fix; even [carefully!] spraying a bit of hairspray on my face), and while Model in a Bottle has its drawbacks, it's the strongest of anything I've used yet. As others have noted, it's quite pricey, and due to the package design, it sprays heavily and runs out very quickly.

It claims to be a "matte finish," but I actually found it made my face look dewy -- it might have just been drawing out the shimmer in my blush, though. It definitely takes away any cakiness from powder or foundation and seemed to automatically blend everything together -- nice and smooth and airbrushed. Since I have an oily T-zone, I just put a bit of powder over it once the spray had dried, and that mattified it pretty well.

I have oily skin that can take a lot of punishment, so I didn't find this to be drying or painful. It definitely has a super-strong chemical scent, though -- to be expected, since the main ingredient is alcohol. When they say wait 30 seconds before opening your eyes, they MEAN it -- if you get impatient, it really stings!

Overall, I don't regret my purchase, but since it's so expensive, and since it seems to have such poor economy, I'll try a few more fixatives before buying again.

EDIT: All right, I've compared the ingredients list of Model in a Bottle to the ingredients in hairspray (Big Sexy Spray & Play, to be specific, but it'll go the same for pretty much any kind of hairspray) and grilled my brother (who has a degree in chemistry) about it. The active ingredient in both of them are copolymers, which is to say adhesive. Flexible, elasticized adhesive. So yes, the previous reviews are correct, and Model in a Bottle is just overpriced hairspray dressed up in an inefficient package. I'm knocking off another lippie for the price, now.

Bottom line: it DOES work, but so will a $2.00 can of AquaNet.

So I bought this spray even with the not-so-positive reviews becasue I was pretty desperate. I work long hours with children (who also love to touch my face) and I was so unhappy seeing that my make up was rubbing off (even using MAC fix plus). So I decided to give it a shot. I have to say that it technically does work. My make up stayed on much longer than it use to. However, for me it doesnt stay on "all day" as the website claims. I started using it for those extra long days or weekend nights out and looking back at the pictures, my makeup is still kept in place. The actual spray is terrible. It doesnt spray out evenly and so I find myself spraying it on several times to attempt for an even coat. The glass bottle is fine, it doesnt really bother me. Recently I have started using it everyday and almost out of my current bottle. I plan on repurchasing. Although Im not in love with the product, it does seem to help and has become a staple in my makeup collection.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools