Model in a Bottle

3.8

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

This is really like hairspray for your face. While it does make your makeup last and stay put, it feels super tight on the skin and has a strong floral scent that stays on the skin all day.
I've had the original bottle and the new repackaged bottle, they both suck. Spray is not an even fine mist at all. It's very expensive for the amount you get.

This didn't work out for me. My bottle was always getting clogged up and it would spray all crazy on my face.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

Pros:

-Keeps makeup on for a really long time (lasts longer than UD All Nighter)
-Doesn't break me out (very sensitive skin)
-Locks in my makeup so my foundation doesn't move (very oily skin)
-Oil comes through from my skin very very late (since it locks my powder in)

Cons:

-Very expensive (I can go through this bottle within 2 weeks if I use it everyday)
-Scent (smells a like alcohol)

I like how this spray keeps my makeup locked down. This spray creates a light plastic-like film on your skin/foundation making it last very very long. However, if you don't spray enough (drenching yourself in it), you'll get dots of foundation that's locked in but the rest of your skin will move (for oily skin) or removed (if touched/wiped accidentally). Because of this issue, I go through this so fast and I hate that. Although this does make my face last longer and less oily, I dislike how fast I go through this product...

****tip: don't open your eyes until at least 10 seconds or it'll burn ):

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff, and I've found a couple tricks that help prevent stinging and stickiness. First I hold the bottle a little farther away than it says to, and this prevents stickiness. Then I spray three mists left to right, like this: side, center, other side. The reason I don't start in the center is just in case I hold the bottle a little too close to my face, I can adjust it before spraying the center of my face, in order to eliminate any stinging in my eyes. Even with my dry skin, I have no problems when I apply it this way, and it really works like a charm to keep my makeup in place.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I had to transfer mine to another bottle due to leakage, pretty much after only a couple of uses. Once in reliable bottle, it was okay. I didn't experience burning of eyes or gnashing of teeth like most people. It didn't smudge my mascara, even after spraying it on after I'd already put my mascara on, but I don't take a damned bath in the stuff like some people, either. It did feel a bit sticky on my face for the rest of the day, like I sprayed hairspray on my face or something and the smell would hang around but it wasn't terrible. I definitely think it did me no favors in the winter, when my skin is a bit on the dry side, so I mainly would use during summer months. Wouldn't buy again due to the fact that I don't like to feel like I sprayed super glue on my face and I have better sprays that don't cost as much.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It stinks like perfume, it stings when it hits my face, and leaves my skin looking older, with an over-mattified, crepey appearance. What's to like? Not much! (Give me Skindinavia or FACE atelier's sprays over this, any day!)

It might be okay for someone with truly oily, completely tolerant skin, who doesn't mind fragrances, but for me: no.

BTW: the bottle leaked.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this is hands down the best setting spray I've ever tried. This is the only one that truly sets my makeup the entire day. I got the matte finish spray because I have oily combo skin and prefer a matte finish. I don't even have to touch up thoughout the day which is a miracle for me. This is a godsend and definite HG for me!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this on eBay from beautychoicecenter for $13.90.

When I first opened it, I thought the bottle was very simple and pretty looking. I have the one in the new, straight up-and-down bottle. Original formula.

When I first used it, the smell was very alcohol scented. It would disappear after a few seconds. After using this for a few days, I didn't even notice the smell anymore (it's still there, I guess I'm just used to it). On some days, the nozzle kind of got stuck, so the product would come out in a stream. I would run the nozzle under hot water to fix it. After the first week or two, I stopped having this problem.

It's very important to follow the directions. There is a reason it says to wait 20-30 seconds to open your eyes after spraying. I slightly opened my eyes after about 10 seconds and it stung a little. This does have alcohol in it after all.

This either controls the oil or contributes to it depending on what foundation or BB cream I'm wearing. If I'm using a foundation that already isn't matte and makes my nose get oily within an hour or two of using it, this product makes it 3x as oily. If I'm using something that takes 2+ hours for oil to show, this product makes my face stay almost shine free for 5+ hours. After looking closely, I noticed oil builds up differently with this on. Without it, oil coats my nose. With this, the oil just beads up on the pores and doesn't spread everywhere.

My makeup definitely comes off less after using this. I had a habit of touching my face and when I did, my foundation would transfer to my school papers (brown fingerprints on white papersó ew). Not when I used this. And I still have the habit of sometimes sleeping in makeup. I'm a very wild sleeperó I toss and turn and rub my face on my pillow a million times. My makeup is still on when I wake up. Depending on what foundation I'm using, it will either look broken up in some places or really smooth. When I don't set my face with this, my makeup is usually gone when I wake up.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Very nice product! makes your makeup last all day and controls oil! I just hate the smell thats all my complaints!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was given this by a friend after I had started using Urban Decay All-Nighter. It works well. The smell at first is atrocious! However, once the spray dries the scent goes away completely, so if the product works then that doesn't matter to me so much. At first, it burned my face and felt sticky, but again, this only lasts a few minutes. I'll finish the bottle and will probably repurchase for those times when I just can't afford to replace the UD, but since I tried a product I liked better to start, I can't give this 5 stars. Bottom line: it DOES work and is a good value, but not the best product on the market.

Popular Other Products