REN Clean Skincare mayblossom and konjac moisturiser

4.1

on 3/26/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is now called "Clarimatte T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel".

I got a sample of this to try out and I really like it. It smells nice, keeps my skin calm and matte (almost) all day. I use this under the Origins VitaZing and for that it is perfect. Since using this my skin has been clear and calmed. And I see a difference in my poresize too! My match for summer!

on 2/24/2010 3:49:00 PM

A wonderful light moisturizer, perfect to use in the morning and under makeup. Works a bit as a primer! It is perfect for a bit oily/combination skin, however it might be not enough for people with dry skin. I complement it with Suki's or one of Ren's serums at night. Great packaging by the way, very hygienic.

I bought this in Space.NK having been advised it would hydrate my dry areas and mattify my oily [er] patches. It did neither, to be honest. I gave it the benefit of the doubt fora few weeks - I am now right at the end of the tube and not having much love for it.

I have had a nasty outbreak [including quite possibly the biggest spot I have ever had in my life...] and a couple of rashes. I have, however, got a stressful job, I haven't been sleeping well and was living in dirty temporary conditions until I sorted out my flat!! So I guess that probably didn't help. However, I really wanted to like this product after all the joy that the morrocan Rose oil has given me.

I have also suddenly got really dry skin too, is the moisturiser partly to blame?!. hhhmmmm.

on 7/25/2008 2:14:00 PM

I am a REN addict! This was the 1st product I tried~ all because of MUA. I love it. My skin feels smooth, soft and clear. I would suggest everyone try it!

I'm loving this brand. I have extremely sensitive combo skin and was pleased with their exfoliating jojoba scrub so I tried out the mayblossom cleanser. After several months of great results with those products I decided to take the plunge and try this moisturiser. I was worried that this would be too drying- the last moisturiser I used really dried out my dry areas and was not keeping the break-outs at bay. In fact I had some very flaky/ itchy areas and my whole face was irritated.

At $36.00 dollars this lotion was about 1/2 the price of the dreadful Nuxe product that was causing all the irritation. It is also packaged in a hygenic pump. It doesn't have much of a fragrance and has a very light texture.

I was surprised how moisturising this is. It FEELS moisturising, and yet doesn't look greasy at all. It leaves me matte yet moisturised -the first product in my 32 years that has done this. Since I've begun using this my flakies and irritation have disappeared and my skin is clearing up remarkably. It doesn't make my skin look immediately fantastic, but I've noticed that products that do that usually break me out after a few uses. This stuff isn't miraculous- I still have to blot in the afternoon- but it seems to be the best thing I can do for my easily angered complexion. Absolute re-purchase.

this moisturizer is good stuff. it rarely makes me break out and keeps my skin smooth and pretty moisturized. Its not my hg or hg material in my opinion - its more of a skin maintainer than a skin beautifier. But try it as I said before its good solid stuff.

on 11/26/2007 11:25:00 AM

Another Ren product that gets rave reviews from everyone but me. I have only been using this moisturizer for about a week, so I'm going to give it a bit more time, but unfortunately at this point I'm not impressed. It's a nice moisturizer, but in terms of keeping oily skin at bay or doing anything for my blemish prone skin, I have to say that I haven't seen much difference. I'll probably give it a bit more time, but likely this is going back to Sephora along with the Jojoba facial scrub. *Update* I've been using this moisturizer day and night, for about a week. I am starting to like it a bit more. Not HG and probably not moisturizing enough for the colder months ahead, but I'll continue to use for a bit and see what I think. Definitely not enough moisture to use at night- the past two nights I've ended up layering another moisturizer on top as my skin felt parched.

on 9/24/2007 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a week now and first impressions are excellent.

I am keen on natural skincare and a few months ago got tempted by lovely Liz Earle website to spend a fortune on lots of her products after running out of my usual UK brand Green People (which is pretty great by the way). After a few months of Liz Earle my skin had completely broken out. I have oily acne prone skin anyway and I really wanted to like Liz Earle after reading loads of great reviews, but it made my skin turn just awful. My forehead was a mess of white heads and cysts, and I never normally get spots in that area of my face (usually chin area and some hairline), and my skin was sooo oily!!!

So, after doing more internet research I decided on REN which had great reviews and was available a local department store. I choose the combination skin range - mayblossom and konjac - with the vain hope it would normalise my skin and bought the cleanser and moisturiser.

I have tried so many skin care lines in the past, from clinique, clarins, liz earle, Dr Sebagh, The Organic Pharmacy, and all have not done very much for my pore dermis. As I previously said, I am sticking to natural products, as REN are, and have been pleased with results of some, but they have never seemed to balance my oily bits effectively. Until now......

This moisturised feels very light and refreshing when you apply it and sinks in straight away, leaving skin matt, but comfortably moisturised. What I think is the test of a great moisturiser is how it balances the oil on my face and doesn't leave my MMU cakey and greasy by midday. This really works!!!! WIth make up my skin looks gorgeous and there is very little shine breakthrough. My skin is significantly less oily, which is pretty amazing! I also think it has significantly calmed my skin and helped to clear up my forehead very quickly. I think that natural salicylic acid in it really helps!
All this from an all natural product - I am so far completely sold! Congratulations REN, for making a natural product that really works!

on 9/17/2007 7:09:00 AM

balances and moisturizes nicely, it's a very good moisturizer during scandinavian summer. come autumn it's pretty much useless, too drying and used up anyway, since the pump bottle isn't very large. i am bying this again come may.

on 4/26/2007 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good moisturiser. It actually feels like it nourishes the skin and a little tiny bit goes a long way. I like the lavender smell and really feel like I'm putting a good quality product on my face. I have combination skin but feel that this moisturiser may not be enough as far as hydration but still it is a great moisturiser. I might try one for normal skin next.

Pricey and hard to get in AUS. Had to buy online - only downfall