CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

I suffer from constant breakouts and oily skin. This product earns many great reviews claiming that it never breaks them out, which ultimately led me to use it for a couple of weeks. However, i realised that my skin had become extremely bumpier and disgusting whiteheads and pustules started forming. I suggest people with sensitive clogged-prone skin to stay away. It’s not worth your money.

on 1/25/2019 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Meh... not sure how I feel about this product... I was never into double cleansing, but I figured I would just give this balm a try!
I find that I have to rub quite a bit in order to get my mascara off with this... if I use too little, it doesn’t feel comfortable and doesn’t remove makeup well, and if I use a decent amount in order for it to work properly, my vision gets foggy...
I don’t hate it but don’t love either. Don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this one!

on 12/5/2018 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’ve always known to double cleanse, years before Micellar Water and stuff was invented. Intuitive!!!! It just makes sense if wearing all this crap (not even eye — face: spf is hard to remove, add some maybe long wear foundation/concealer to that, and your hopefully mild pH balanced cleanser ain’t gonna get the job done). My actual first time w using an oil was some 8-ish years ago I don’t even know if still exists — it was a cleansing oil by Nude. So then I tried everything from wipes (irritating & drying) to balms to reg oils to designated cleansing oils to the micellar waters (bleh I needs me some grease). I like a balm or oil cuz I have dry skin and I like how it breaks down ALLLL.

Anyways I used Clinique >20 years ago... I just started to enjoy some (very limited admittedly) products again at 39 and this is #1 of those — dare I say it’s my abso fave HG first cleanse?! After allllll I’ve tried which is like literary every single one?! Idk what it is... I love it so so much. I love the look of it, reaching into jar, scooping the stuff out (ESPECIALLY a brand new one! Up there w breaking a creme brûlée!) and emulsifying the balm to a thick oil that takes. Off. EVERYTHING!!! It never ever burns me, even if I’ve been overzealous with acid exfoliation or tret.... soothing always. No scent. It’s a very very effective yet enjoyable (in a sensory way, for me anyway) remover of all things. My 2 HG regular 2nd (or am alone) cleansers are Clinique EXTRA mild (pH of 5 correct me if I’m wrong), and the way less spendy (and weirdly in body wash aisle at least at my rite aid) Eucerin pH5 for face and body. Idc about pH of my body cleanser as I only (in cold weather) wash my dry limbs occasionally or I am a scaly lizard. Maybe some dry brushing and heavy moisture. I use more deodorizing washes for my ‘parts’ that get a thorough washing 2/day. You know what I’m referring to don’t make me say it. Hands constantly washed (APPLY & REAPPLY SPF if u do all your actives on your French Face like me). Face well I think we know I’m one of the skincare obsessed so...

If u break out I do not know what to tell you, they’ll always give a sample!! I do anti-aging skincare only. If you’re not double cleansing at night yet, get with the progrum, would ya? Even if ya don’t wear makeup... I KNOW youre ALL using spf 365 so get that shite off! I’ve bought many and will continue!

on 11/23/2018 10:46:00 PM

I am a Clinique girl. Love their cosmetics and skincare. This product however was a big disaster. It really irritates my eyes. My eyes hate this product. Also my skin breaks out in tiny little bumps when I use it. It’s a big pass for me. I prefer take the day off lids lashes and lips for my eye makeup remover and the pink rinse off foaming cleanser for my face makeup remover.

on 11/23/2018 1:28:00 PM

I came across this product recently and its been three months i am using this product...i have a very sensitive skin with breakouts at times and rashes but this product helps me to cleanse of my face without developing rashes and also its very hydrating and smooth. The packaging is very attractive and one jar goes a long way. Loved this product. Its better than makeup removers

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to remove my makeup and then follow with a lather& rinse product (right now, Purity Made Simple). This balm melts makeup off my face—and i wear a lot of makeup. Even stage makeup would be no match for this. I could see drier skins really loving this, and all skins loving this in the wintertime. I agree with others that a spatula should be included with this. I am not sure if i would repurchase—only because my personal preference for products that lather & rinse away.

on 10/27/2018 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, this works really well for me. I tried cleansing oils, and micellar waters to do an initial cleanse to remove makeup. None of them stopped the breakouts I was experiencing after using my favorite foundations. This melts into my skin and dissolves my foundation and eye makeup without having to rub too hard. It rinses off cleanly and leaves my skin soft. I follow up with my Cetaphil cleanser. I need just a little bit to take off all my makeup. I wish there was a more hygienic way to get this out of the tub. I dislike having to stick my fingers into it. Perhaps a small spatula would help. Even so, a really great product!

on 10/19/2018 3:15:00 PM

I really like this balm, it removes well the makeup (but I have to say that I don't wear heavy makeup) and the skin is not dry after applying it. Also, a small amount is enough to clean all the face. In my case, it did not cause any irritation, even in the eye area.
However, the packages are only of 125 ml and the best before date is only 6 months. I can't even use half of a package in 6 months so I don't buy it frequently, unfortunately. I would buy it frequently if Clinique launched smaller packages of 50ml, for example.

Il fait littéralement fondre votre maquillage, il enlève tout, peu importe qu'il soit 24h ou imperméable.
C'est si doux, nettoyant, hydratant et tout simplement fantastique, mais un peu va un long chemin, il dure pour toujours.
Une autre bonne chose est l'emballage, pas de déversements et la perfection pour voyager.

on 8/17/2018 7:40:00 AM

Have already repurchased this item as a backup. I use it as my first cleanse. It’s gentle and removes makeup easily (I use a moderate amt of makeup). No harsh smell.
The ONLY suggestion I would make to people using this is don’t share with others. In order to use this product you put your finger tips onto the tub. If you share this product you may be allowing introduction of bacteria from other fingers. If you decide to share, use something to scoop out the product.