CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Filtered by skin type : Dry
CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.5

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 8/17/2018 7:40:00 AM

Have already repurchased this item as a backup. I use it as my first cleanse. It’s gentle and removes makeup easily (I use a moderate amt of makeup). No harsh smell.
The ONLY suggestion I would make to people using this is don’t share with others. In order to use this product you put your finger tips onto the tub. If you share this product you may be allowing introduction of bacteria from other fingers. If you decide to share, use something to scoop out the product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nice... I like how this liquifies quickly, rinses off easily, removes all of my makeup and best of all doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue like old school makeup removers. It’s very pricey but I’ve seen so many recommendations from MUAers for this as the best of the best - which it is - and a little really does go a long way. Since I’m currently using all Clinique as my skin care, I follow up with face wash and I never find any makeup residue left behind.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Oh my god...YES. I have been meaning to pick this up for a while now and could not be happier. I read the other reviews saying that it really does the job, but I was still skeptical. I have tried everything and although some things are good, there is always some trace of eyeliner left (I do love a good tight-liner! but it's brutal to take off)...but not with this! I am seriously amazed. I work this into my face for maybe 60 seconds? Rinse it off, and no trace of eye makeup is left, and my face is completely makeup free. I follow it up with my favourite winter cleanser by La Roche-Posay (Toleriane), and my face feels perfectly cleansed. I am seriously thrilled and this is my new makeup remover. Hats off to Clinique...they nailed it.

on 11/1/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my 2nd purchase of this amazing makeup remover. This is a makeup remover - not a full cleanser. I don't know why or how anyone could see this as a full on cleanser. Anyhow, I love this stuff. It does an excellent job of removing makeup, including liquid lipsticks and waterproof mascara. It doesn't leave any film on my eyes and rinses off very easily. I follow this with an actual cleanse using my Mia2 with great results. I prefer balms b/c they travel well and aren't messy like oils. There is no scent with this product. It is pricey but you get what you pay for with this stuff.

Best makeup remover ever. You only need to massage a tiny bit onto your skin, and your makeup is ready to be washed off. It doesn't hurt my eyes, doesn't harm my lashes, and my skin feels so soft after using it. I definitely only use it for removing makeup though, and would definitely suggest a lighter cleanser if you're not wearing makeup.

on 8/25/2017 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I double cleanse at night. This is my favorite for the first cleanse. The tub last ages (6 months). Gold
Me
Age 42
Combination skin
Sensitive to some silicones ie dimethicone rich products trigger blackheads.
Mac Prolongwear NW20 summer NW15 winter maybe mix of two
Nars Mont Blanc Winter Summer Deuville

on 8/17/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My requirements for a cleanser are that they're 1) makeup removing 2) non drying 3) don't sting the eyes 4) don't break me out and 5) are preferably fragrance free. Happy to report that TTDO passes on all five counts with flying colors! I use it to wash my face when I'm wearing makeup and it gets everything off, doesn't leave my dry skin feeling tight, but also doesn't require a secondary cleanser or feel like it's leaving a gross residue on my face. It doesn't break me out like a lot of drugstore cream cleansers and doesn't sting my eyes, which is important for an eye makeup remover but surprisingly not a gimme. To use it optimally, apply to a DRY face, work it in, and THEN splash your face with water. You need much less product this way, especially when you need to get off stubborn eye makeup. I'm working my way through a few different cleansing balmns (right now I'm using and loving Farmacy's) but I'll probably come back to this one because, simply put, it works and the price is right.

on 4/25/2017 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Outstanding first step cleanser for removing makeup and being gentle on the skin at the same time. It comes as a waxy consistency which turns to an oily cleanser when applied to your face. There is no residue after rinsing away with water, just clean, soft skin. It is perfect for sensitive and reactive skin types like mine. One of my holy grail products.

I love this product. I purchased it about 5 months ago and I haven't used any other makeup remover since. This comes in a tub and looks like a solid balm. Once you warm it up between your hands, it becomes an oil. I'll massage this onto my dry face and then add some warm water to make it "lather". Once I've massaged the product all over my face, I rinse with warm water and follow up with a separate cleanser. My face is left completely clean and my skin doesn't feel dry. This takes off everything including my sunscreen, mascara and stubborn brow products. It never bothers my eyes and I haven't experienced any breakouts from this product.

This is pretty pricey. It's $30 for a container but luckily the container lasts a long time. Like I said above, I've had my tub for about 5 months and I'm a little over halfway through. I don't need a lot of product when I use this - a small scoop on my finger is plenty. I wear pretty light makeup so a full face may require more product, but I still think this will last a long time for most people.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This makeup remover is amazing. It's a cream to oil kinda formula. It appears to be a hard balm, but once you rub it into the skin, it dissolves into an oil. I feel like this is very gentle to the skin as supposed to rubbing cotton pads with micellar water on your face (my previous cleansing routine). Also this really gets ALL of my makeup off. The first couple times I tried this out, I tried to cleanse my skin afterwards with my usual micellar water, and there was literally nothing on my cotton pad. Now i don't quite use this as suggested on the packaging. I of course apply this to my face and massage it in. And then on the packaging it says to remove the balm with a wet cotton pad, but instead I just wash my face and tap dry with a towel. It works just as fine. I love that there aren't any perfumes or parabens in this, and also it's safe for the eyes and doesn't burn or sting.

The packaging is fine, nothing special to say about it. The product is quite expensive i think, considered there's only 125 ml in it. i believe it's around 35 $. I recently bought a Loreal cleansing balm, thinking it would be a nice dupe for this (Spoiler: it wasn't). The Loreal one contained 200 ml and I got it on sale for 7 $! Usually it's 10 $, which is still really inexpensive. So to sum up, even though it's an expensive product I definitely think it's worth it. I will still be on the look out for a potential dupe, but as for now I think this is the best makeup remover out-there.