Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 7/19/2016 5:40:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, as i heard such good things about it. I have long blonde hair and it is in perfect condition. Within 3-4 uses of this and its conditioner, my poor ends ended up as dry as the desert. This completely ruined my hairs condition, and i am still trying to help it recover, as i do not wish to cut it just yet.

This ended right in my trash can.

on 5/10/2016 11:30:00 AM

Not good for every day use. I bought this and the conditioner and used it a couple of times-it left my hair feeling dry and not good. Now I have these two huge bottles that I will not be using again for a long time.

To Read all 438 Reviews, Login or Join

I used this shampoo and conditioner a few years ago and it was ok. My hair was just highlighted at that time and pretty healthy and this kept it clean and shiny. They come in huge bottles for a really good price. The one thing I didn't like was the scent, nothing bad but nothing too exciting either. I'm a sucker for really nice smelling shampoo so that's important for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have struggled with my fine hair. I have a lot of it, but product easily way it down creating a very flat unflattering look. But this shampoo has completely changed that. My usual knotty hair is easy to manage and does not frizz up. I use it 3 times a week and my hair loves the stuff! I use the conditioner and the leave in treatment, so 3 step system, and I wouldn't go back! Love it!!!

This is definitely too drying to be used as an everyday shampoo but is good as a clarifying shampoo used once a week or so. DO NOT use this everyday even if you have a greasy scalp. As a clarifying shampoo this made my hair really soft, not so much of shiny but then again I tend to skip brushing my hair (oops) as I have stick-straight hair. Not so sure if I would buy it again though, I quite like the vo5 one and it's way cheaper.

on 3/12/2016 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I hated this stuff! It made my hair feel very dry. It also made my color fade. I would not repurchase.

on 3/8/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I heard horse shampoo was supposed to make my hair grow so I thought id give it a shot as its not very expensive. I found it helped a little with the length but found the best response was it made my hair shiny and soft and actually made the colour richer. Many people asked me if I dyed my hair after beginning to use this product and I had not, in fact it was the shampoo. You need to have a good conditioner because it does make your hair feel dry when using in the shower. For hair health I would recommend, for growth, I am still on the fence.

on 2/21/2016 11:38:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product. I have blonde color treated hair that is wavy. This took out froz , made my hair shiny and soft aswell as made flaking go away. I have been using this product forever , I take long breaks so that my hair doesn't get use to the product. I see hair growth results aswell ! Made my hair grow faster.

I think this is more for a certain hair type.

Do not use this everyday for your hair will dry out , this is recommended to use once or twice a week. Do not wash your hair everytime you shower , you'll strip your hair of oils. That is why people are getting bad results. You have to read up on products before using and judging them.

on 1/29/2016 8:53:00 PM

This shampoo is not very fluid when it comes out of the bottle and it dries my hair out pretty bad. I use the conditioner with it which works really well tho. Recommend this if you want something cheap.

on 1/13/2016 2:38:00 PM

Do not use this shampoo! I read about this shampoo a while back, After seeing the shampoo and conditioner at Target each for $6.00 I decided to give it a go. I have long, thick hair and I would like to grow it out more if possible.

First of all, the consistency of the shampoo is almost gelatin-like so it is super hard to get enough product in your hair and lathering it just takes so much muscle power and time... time which I do not have to waste! The conditioner is like any other. It did an alright job at de-tangling, but nothing that blew me away. The next morning I woke up with a damn birds nest on my head. My hair had never been drier, The ends felt very brittle and to top it off it made my scalp itch, I think I may have some sort of allergy to this product. I gave it one more shot and used it again a few days later and the same issue happened again.

I gave the rest of the bottle to my coworker to try and she experienced the same issue with the dry hair. Yes, its a cheap shampoo, but its worth spending more and getting a decent product that makes your hair vibrant, silky and healthy. There is a reason this is horse shampoo... it should ONLY be used on horses and NOT human hair!

STAY AWAY!