Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

3.8

on 10/6/2005 5:17:00 PM

Just got this today, so I can't comment on its long-term moisturizing ability. Feels great going on, though. Thick and creamy, but not oily. It melted right into my skin and left a lovely, light lemony custard fragrance.

on 10/13/2005 3:20:00 PM

I received my 'Handmade' set today from QVC (the set includes a 4oz tub & a 1oz tube for about $28). Anyway, I generally can't stand the smell of most Philosophy products (gives me severe headaches & aggrivates my asthma), but this one is just perfect-makes me want to eat a lemon meringue pie!; has a thick consistency, but it sinks right into the skin; I highly recommend this for dry, cracked heels too.

on 10/19/2005 12:02:00 AM

I got the 2 oz tub version from Beauty.com. I really like the lemon custard smell (it does smell as advertised), which is not overly sweet. I don't like some Philosophy products due to the plastic/alcohol smell, as in Falling in Love perfume, but this is actually quite good. The scent, unfortunately, does not last very long. However, unlike my Jaqua body butter, this sinks into my skin very fast and very well (no sticky film after application). I'd definitely buy a fullsize after I use this up.

on 10/20/2005 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sinks right into your skin and does not leave an oily residue.

I am glad that the smell goes away after a few minutes but while it lasts- it is lovely.

Nice moisture for your hands. I prefer tubes to tubs though so probably won't rebuy

on 10/20/2005 8:20:00 PM

Yum! This has the nicest smell and texture. It literally melts into your skin. Moisturizes beautifully without greasiness. I will purchase this again and again.

on 10/21/2005 5:51:00 AM

I wouldn't have thought to get this one my own, but it came free with a drugstore.com order, and I'm quite happy that it did. This is really nice! Really nice texture to the cream, sinks in very quickly with no lingering greasyness and leaves my hands very soft! On top of that, the scent is really lovely, a light lemon dessert that isn't too sweet. Sadly, the fragrance fades fairly quickly.

on 10/21/2005 7:54:00 PM

Well, I don't know what it is about this lotion, but for my skin it does not moisturize well at all. The scent is quite nice - a light, lemony fragrance - but my hands seem just as dry after I apply this. Also, I actually do find the lotion to be pretty greasy going on. All in all, I'm not too impressed...

on 10/22/2005 10:51:00 PM

Smells good, nice texture, would repurchase

I got this as a freebie from drugstore.com and love it! It has a wonderful fresh scent and is just moisturizing enough for me. I think it's better than L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. Very nice product.

on 10/27/2005 11:18:00 PM

Well, clearly, drugstore.com has a good deal going...that's how I got my sample too. Like the reviewer below, I, too, think this product outshines L'Occitane Shea Butter (or whatever it is that comes in the silver tube). I judge hand creams/lotions by the lack of dryness and icky cuticles I notice during the day as I wash my hands multiple times (elementary school teacher). Handmade does the trick. Will certainly repurchase; must do so before I run out of this jar. Don't think I'll ever be able to go to sleep without experiencing this fragrance...it's addictive!

Popular Lotions / Creams