Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir

Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir

3.2

on 10/13/2016 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand why the rate here is so low.This is the only scent that i am so obsessed with of Jo Malone perfumes.Many of their perfume is not so long lasting.It is very decent taste in the end.This is a unisex perfume but it doesnt smell like a playful young man,the base note give you a wise man image.

on 8/14/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Love this one! It's my second favorite to Mimosa and Cardamom. I don't find this a "fruity" scent at all, but rather a spicy, woody fragrance. It smells wonderful on me and I get many compliments from strangers. This one and the Mimosa have excellent last also. Another favorite of mine, the Wood Sage and Sea Salt didn't even last a full hour before it was undetectable on me. The PN is definitely a fall/winter fragrance. I finally splurged on the big bottle and I'm so glad I did!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Windkey can I have your bottle if you don't want it lol I love this perfume it's my favourite along with velvet rose & oud just reminds me of Christmas and mulled wine and happy memories. A true beautiful addictive cologne that I will always purchase again

This is one of the line's deeper, maybe more masculine scents. But it layers so beautifully with the lighter ones, even with grapefruit or lime basil. I have the body cream and layer one of Jo Malone's colognes over it. Just wonderful.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I loved the perfume when I srayed it onto my wrist in the department store but when I actually bought bottle of it, it is not the same, not as strong, not much deth to it, slightly soapy initially and barely noticeable on me. My husband hs not realised I am wearing any perfume :O
And within twenty minutes it is comletely gone and undetectable :/

Anyone know if department stores take returns on opened perfumes?

on 2/25/2014 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A dark fruit scent with woody base notes that make it a bit harsh. Thin and not very layered or dense for a scent with this many strong base notes. I'd like it to smell more like it's description and less like a body splash from BBW.

on 12/5/2013 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Gorgeous, smokey smell. I normally wear more discrete fragrances (Chanel Allure) & Clarins Eau Dynamisante - but this is a bold and confident perfume.

It has tones of a male aftershave, think its Givency gentleman, they both have patchouli.

V sexy perfume which lasts for hours

on 9/26/2013 8:53:00 AM

Initially this is a true pomegranate scent, rich with berries and tart red fruits, with the vaguest hint of watermelon (but in a darker way, there's nothing light, refreshing and summery about this watermelon). The smell of ripe fruits comes through without there being anything soft and delicate about it.

This fragrance is bold and strong and, although I can appreciate the depths of this, I wouldn't wear it myself. Would not buy a full size but I will use up my sample size.

From Fragrantica: 'Top notes are raspberry, pomegranate, plum, rhuburb and watermelon; middle notes are lily-of-the-valley, jasmine, rose, pink pepper, clove, olibanum, opoponax and guaiac wood; base notes are virginia cedar, patchouli, musk and amber.'

on 8/25/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

In high school, I really enjoyed fruity scents, but gravitated toward gourmand/spicy orientals in my 20s. Pomegranate Noir does a lovely job of synthesizing my two fragrance loves. The initial spray of this perfume is very lush and definitely opens with the fruit notes. Then the plum and pink pepper notes defer to the patchouli and frankincense, making for a cozy, sensual drydown. I almost get a vetiver note once the fragrance has settled into my skin. I adore this as an evening fragrance; it is very sultry and has enough earthiness to balance out the pomegranate and raspberry.

That said, after working for a fragrance house, I am very aware of synthetics in my perfumes. Unfortunately, this causes Pomegranate Noir to have a very generic BBW quality for me. Synthetics aren't necessarily indicative of poor quality in perfume. In fact, some notes can only be produced synthetically. It's just that after one's nose has been trained to enjoy natural fragrance essences, it is hard to go back. Also, I do not find that this fragrance lasts on my skin. A lovely scent, but not one I could commit to a full bottle of.

on 7/28/2013 1:23:00 PM

This is my go-to scent for nighttime. It is the perfect blend of fruity and spicy and I find that the spice really lasts on my skin all night.

Popular Fragrances