Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

on 9/15/2016 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely LOVE this for my hair! I don't use this as a leave on because it obviously does not absorb very well therefore leaving you with limp, greasy hair. I use this as a hair mask, sometimes by itself, sometimes with other oils such as Sweet Almond Oil, Tea Tree Oil or Honey.

I have thin hair which I inherited from my mom's side. But years ago, I realized that the hair around my hairline was getting too thin and it looked like it was receding and it looked awful! After much research, I tried on Olive Oil on my hair every weekend for about a month and a half. I made sure it's warm and leave it on for atleast 3 hrs or longer and sometimes even overnight. It doesn't wash off easily though so I wash my hair twice and make sure that I don't have to leave the house because there's still some oil left. The next day after washing once, the oil will be totally gone.

After a month, my friend keeps laughing at my "bird's nest" cause I have baby hair sticking up all over my head. After a while, of continuing the Olive Oil twice a month, I finally have not only fuller, but also healthier, smoother hair. So happy!

At times, I get lazy and don't put on Olive Oil for months and I find that my hair starts to thin again, it becomes dry and easily gets tangled. Every other week for me is good but of course, the more frequent, the better.

Make suy you buy the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Will repurchase until I magically wake up with Beyonce's hair or something.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It's my go to for everything; dry skin, makeup remover, cuticles, hair treatment, lip balm. I use it instead of coconut oil which makes me break out. I love that it's natural so I don't have to worry about chemicals. I have dry sensitive skin so I use this to remove my makeup and as a facial moisturizer and underneath my eyes. A lot of products work because of the natural oils in them, so I just prefer to go straight to the source, plus it's cheaper!

To Read all 1050 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

works on any body part, but I especially love it as a lipbalm!

on 7/20/2016 12:06:00 PM

I love adding this to face masks (no more than once a week it may clog your pores). This softens my skin and helps heal blemishes that I have dried out. I always wash my face after using a mask with olive oil to reduce the chance of it clogging my pores and causing more acne. Just using a little is best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wanted olive oil to be a miracle for my skin. I even went out and splurged on the finest, freshest olive oil I could find and had it shipped to me from a grove in California. I used it for several weeks to cleanse, to moisturize etc…. What I was left with was skin that was still dry and still breaking out constantly. No improvement at all. In fact, I think it made my skin more broken out than my traditional wash and moisturize regimen. I ended up using the remainder for cooking since it was such nice olive oil. Unfortunately every skin type responds differently. For me this was not a good.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Extra virgin olive oil is an HG mixture for me. It feels so good and like the mediteranneans know, it is a key for vitality and health.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this not only for a moisturizer on my face but I also ingest it. The monounsaturated fats are so good for your skin. Start replacing saturated fats with monounsaturated fats and you will be impressed on how clean and great your skin feels/looks!

on 6/10/2016 12:00:00 PM

Brand I used - filippo barrio extra virgin olive oil

How: All over body after shower when my skin is still damp, I put a layer of EA Green Tea before and after, and I don't smell like olive oil at all. Then do something for a couple of minutes (brush my teeth whatever).

I've used lots of different body moisturisers and oils (neutrogena sesame oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil...) and evoo is the best. My skin feels soft and I don't have flaky legs.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

HOLY. COW.

Okay, so I have extremely dry skin. It doesn't really matter whether it's summer, winter, spring or fall, I'm dry throughout the year, and today, when I came out of the shower (despite my proneness to dry flaky skin I do love a hot, long shower), it was extra bad. Like, extra, extra bad. I'd used olive oil before, but I never felt like it actually worked for me; I was still dry and flaky, but since I don't have a moisturizer at the moment, I decided to apply some olive oil on my dry flaky parts.
And good lord. MY FLAKYNESS LITERALLY MELTED AWAY. IT WENT AWAY.
I kept using this throughout the day, and while I'd still probably need a moisturizer on top of this to really make all of my dry skin go away completely, 80% of my dryness is gone. This is still a miracle product that I'll keep purchasing. You need this in your life.

on 4/20/2016 1:47:00 AM

I use this all over my skin and it gives me a nice smooth shine and glow. I have been using this under my eyes since I was 17, I'm 24 now. I was working In 2nd hand smoking for 6 years and god, I should have eye wrinkles but I don't. its cheap and if you can eat it, why not put it on our face?