Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

on 10/27/2016 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very dry hair, that at time conditioner alone can't tame. I use this as a pretreatment before I shampoo to help protect my hair since shampooing causes dryness. I heat up about a quarter cup, which is enough to saturate my short to medium length hair from scalp to ends. I try to massage some into my scalp as well, then just apply a shower cap and wait. I leave this on for at least 20 minutes, and sometimes more than an hour. Olive oil not only moisturizes the hair and scalp but it contains beneficial nutrients like omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. I had a lot of hair breakage due to the dryness of my hair and nothing seemed to help. Since using this I've seen a roughly 50 to 75% reduction in breakage. I think the key is keeping the scalp moisturized. Dry scalp = dry hair, shampooing strips the scalp of moisture and conditioner just isn't going to replace it. I had a couple of spots where the hair was thinning due to breakage, the hair is filling in just a bit and isn't as noticeable. I've never had an issue with this not washing out my hair, and still condition after shampooing when using olive oil. Definitely worth trying if you have breakage and hair loss caused by dryness and damage from chemical treatments like bleach, relaxer, and coloring.

on 10/5/2016 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

So extra virgin oil is a must have. I use it as a hair oil, body lotion, and also makeup remover.
It is the ultimate oil for hair, I oil my hair regularly with different oils but I always come back to olive oil because it has a well-rounded effect, softens hair, removes dandruff, makes hair grow longer, all of it.
As for body lotion, I rub it on skin especially on the rough areas like knees and elbows and I find that it does improve skin quality. At the moment, I'm using this to light dark areas like armpit or pubic area as I've heard from many places that olive oil does even skin tone. Will update in a month or so on results.
While I use it as a makeup remover, I do not use it as a face moisturizer or leave it on my face for long as it breaks me out, olive oil heats up my face and I get tiny red dots as a reaction. I prefer other lighter oil for my face. This could just be me as my skin is somewhat sensitive.

on 9/15/2016 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely LOVE this for my hair! I don't use this as a leave on because it obviously does not absorb very well therefore leaving you with limp, greasy hair. I use this as a hair mask, sometimes by itself, sometimes with other oils such as Sweet Almond Oil, Tea Tree Oil or Honey.

I have thin hair which I inherited from my mom's side. But years ago, I realized that the hair around my hairline was getting too thin and it looked like it was receding and it looked awful! After much research, I tried on Olive Oil on my hair every weekend for about a month and a half. I made sure it's warm and leave it on for atleast 3 hrs or longer and sometimes even overnight. It doesn't wash off easily though so I wash my hair twice and make sure that I don't have to leave the house because there's still some oil left. The next day after washing once, the oil will be totally gone.

After a month, my friend keeps laughing at my "bird's nest" cause I have baby hair sticking up all over my head. After a while of continuing the Olive Oil twice a month, I finally have not only fuller, but also healthier, smoother hair. So happy!

At times, I get lazy and don't put on Olive Oil for months and I find that my hair starts to thin again, it becomes dry and easily gets tangled. Every other week for me is good but of course, the more frequent, the better.

Update: When I leave this on overnight, I make sure to wrap my hair because lately, my skin has become more sensitive and I would wake up with new acne if I don't secure my hair. This doesn't seem to happen before but what can I do, my skin is fickle.

Make suy you buy the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Will repurchase forever.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It's my go to for everything; dry skin, makeup remover, cuticles, hair treatment, lip balm. I use it instead of coconut oil which makes me break out. I love that it's natural so I don't have to worry about chemicals. I have dry sensitive skin so I use this to remove my makeup and as a facial moisturizer and underneath my eyes. A lot of products work because of the natural oils in them, so I just prefer to go straight to the source, plus it's cheaper!

works on any body part, but I especially love it as a lipbalm!

on 7/20/2016 12:06:00 PM

I love adding this to face masks (no more than once a week it may clog your pores). This softens my skin and helps heal blemishes that I have dried out. I always wash my face after using a mask with olive oil to reduce the chance of it clogging my pores and causing more acne. Just using a little is best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wanted olive oil to be a miracle for my skin. I even went out and splurged on the finest, freshest olive oil I could find and had it shipped to me from a grove in California. I used it for several weeks to cleanse, to moisturize etc…. What I was left with was skin that was still dry and still breaking out constantly. No improvement at all. In fact, I think it made my skin more broken out than my traditional wash and moisturize regimen. I ended up using the remainder for cooking since it was such nice olive oil. Unfortunately every skin type responds differently. For me this was not a good.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Extra virgin olive oil is an HG mixture for me. It feels so good and like the mediteranneans know, it is a key for vitality and health.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this not only for a moisturizer on my face but I also ingest it. The monounsaturated fats are so good for your skin. Start replacing saturated fats with monounsaturated fats and you will be impressed on how clean and great your skin feels/looks!

on 6/10/2016 12:00:00 PM

Brand I used - filippo barrio extra virgin olive oil

How: All over body after shower when my skin is still damp, I put a layer of EA Green Tea before and after, and I don't smell like olive oil at all. Then do something for a couple of minutes (brush my teeth whatever).

I've used lots of different body moisturisers and oils (neutrogena sesame oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil...) and evoo is the best. My skin feels soft and I don't have flaky legs.