Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

on 7/20/2016 12:06:00 PM

I love adding this to face masks (no more than once a week it may clog your pores). This softens my skin and helps heal blemishes that I have dried out. I always wash my face after using a mask with olive oil to reduce the chance of it clogging my pores and causing more acne. Just using a little is best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wanted olive oil to be a miracle for my skin. I even went out and splurged on the finest, freshest olive oil I could find and had it shipped to me from a grove in California. I used it for several weeks to cleanse, to moisturize etc…. What I was left with was skin that was still dry and still breaking out constantly. No improvement at all. In fact, I think it made my skin more broken out than my traditional wash and moisturize regimen. I ended up using the remainder for cooking since it was such nice olive oil. Unfortunately every skin type responds differently. For me this was not a good.

To Read all 1048 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Extra virgin olive oil is an HG mixture for me. It feels so good and like the mediteranneans know, it is a key for vitality and health.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this not only for a moisturizer on my face but I also ingest it. The monounsaturated fats are so good for your skin. Start replacing saturated fats with monounsaturated fats and you will be impressed on how clean and great your skin feels/looks!

on 6/10/2016 12:00:00 PM

Brand I used - filippo barrio extra virgin olive oil

How: All over body after shower when my skin is still damp, I put a layer of EA Green Tea before and after, and I don't smell like olive oil at all. Then do something for a couple of minutes (brush my teeth whatever).

I've used lots of different body moisturisers and oils (neutrogena sesame oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil...) and evoo is the best. My skin feels soft and I don't have flaky legs.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

HOLY. COW.

Okay, so I have extremely dry skin. It doesn't really matter whether it's summer, winter, spring or fall, I'm dry throughout the year, and today, when I came out of the shower (despite my proneness to dry flaky skin I do love a hot, long shower), it was extra bad. Like, extra, extra bad. I'd used olive oil before, but I never felt like it actually worked for me; I was still dry and flaky, but since I don't have a moisturizer at the moment, I decided to apply some olive oil on my dry flaky parts.
And good lord. MY FLAKYNESS LITERALLY MELTED AWAY. IT WENT AWAY.
I kept using this throughout the day, and while I'd still probably need a moisturizer on top of this to really make all of my dry skin go away completely, 80% of my dryness is gone. This is still a miracle product that I'll keep purchasing. You need this in your life.

on 4/20/2016 1:47:00 AM

I use this all over my skin and it gives me a nice smooth shine and glow. I have been using this under my eyes since I was 17, I'm 24 now. I was working In 2nd hand smoking for 6 years and god, I should have eye wrinkles but I don't. its cheap and if you can eat it, why not put it on our face?

I know olive oil has a ton of amazing nutrients in it but I will never use on my face again.
It has a medium comedogenic rating. This means it MAY clog your pores and cause whiteheads, blackheads, and acne. It will definitely cause some of these effects with continual usage, though for some people it may be so minor they don't notice or it doesn't bother them compared to the positives.
I think it's great for food, but didn't work for my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Background info: My skin is acne/clog prone, sensitive, and somewhat ruddy. My skincare routine has changed so much over the last year. Now I am just trying to keep it simple, and for the most part that has worked out well. I use Pompeian organic EVOO (I am sure any brand would do just fine) as a pre-cleanse then follow up with Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Creamy Formula cleanser. I've been doing that routine at night now for about 6 months. I can say that my skin is clearer, fewer clogs, and less ruddy. After cleansing I use CeraVe PM moisturizer. Sometimes I mix a little EVOO in with my moisturizer too. Oils are very "your mileage may vary (ymmv)". I would have never dreamed that putting oil on my acne/clog prone skin would be helpful, but it really is. Olive oil is rated at a 2 on the www.cosdna.com comedogenic scale and at a 0 on the irritating scale. I would say it is a good place to start if you have never tried oils, since it is reasonably priced and readily available in most areas. At least you can use it for cooking if it does not work for your skin!

on 3/11/2016 2:40:00 AM

I have never written a review for any product,this is my first. Battling with eczema and acne in the past. I've tried everything. Then a friend suggested me olive oil after my eczema started to get out of control. This proved to be my holy grail.

Let me narrow down some of the benefits I have experienced.
Takes redness and itchiness overnight.
Reduces pimple size.
Helps redness

Though it doesn't stop me from breaking out.Still it helps with the tiny pimples I get and it also reduces them red marks.

You have to use the right brand to get the best results. Also use it overnight. Massage it into the skin and by morning your skin will be well nourished. I've been using it at day time too, to battle my eczema and for me it works well. My eczema is triggered by internal heating,sugar and milk.This really helps to keep it in control.

I use it under my bb cream and pat it on my skin whenever I feel my skin is irritated.

Though you have to give it sometime for it to be absorbed completely and the oiliness to go away, still worth it.

It's been more than four weeks I've been using it.Meanwhile I didn't have to use steroid creams for eczema nor do I have to battle any breakout. I do get pimples from time to time. Owing to my sugar craving but olive oil takes care of any new pimples I get.

You may experience mild purging in week 2 or 3. It will go away.

I cannot stop praising the results. Will update in another month or so.

Video Reviews & Tutorials