Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

God. OLIVE OIL. How did I ever go without you?

So, I got some from our pantry, poured into one of those small empty travel bottles, and this along with cotton pads are my NEW best friends. Here's what I use my EVOO for:)

Eye makeup remover- If nothing else, I HIGHLY recommend this to everyone. It has never failed to get any off. Just apply some to a cotton pad (you don't need a ton), let it sit on your eye makeup, and gently wipe away all that stubborn makeup. i ONLY use waterproof mascara, including Cover Girl Lash Blast, Maybelline's Colossal, etc. and EVOO has made even my most hard to remove mascaras look like wimps. Conditions my lashes.:)

Night moisturizer- Yep. I use a SMALL (talking about less than a dime size) amount all over my face and neck after cleansing. I wake up to soft, moisturized skin. EVOO does NOT clog your pores. It CAN'T clog your pores because the molecules are much larger than your pores. Ask any dermatologist. This has made my skin super soft & lovely & more evenly toned. it feels great especially after using a facial scrub.

Hair- this is where I draw the line. It's WAYY too heavy & concentrated to just pour on my hair, but I use Garnier's Triple Nutrition conditioner, which contains olive oil, & I must say, the oil blend is proven to keep hair healthy. Since using this, my hair's been growing quickly. I'd recommend using a small amount in a homemade hair mask:)

The fragrance lasts maybe one minute. This stuff is CHEAP & lasts forever since it's so concentrated. Don't ever spend money on eye makeup remover again. EVOO is so much better than baby oil (aka mineral oil, which is majorly controversial), has been used for centuries, and is honestly my best friend. just PLEASE don't slather this on before going outside or your poor cute self will crisp. :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely LOVE olive oil. I feel like this oil was left on the back burner after other oils like jojoba, coconut & argan blew up. But in my opinion, olive oil is the real OG oil and I thank Greeks and Italians everyday for it. Seriously, I don't know why people hype up coconut oil so much, this one is amazing. Anyways, let me tell you how I use it.

So basically I use olive oil sometimes in my hair to moisturise it and it's just absolutely amazing. My hair is pretty thick and it soaks it right up leaving it soft and shiny. For my skin, I've been using it as a face and body moisturiser after washing with dove soap (the only one I have atm) and spritizing my face with rose water (which to me is overrated but I might as well use it and not waste it eh?). My face and body are just absolutely glowing and my face has been super smooth, also thanks to a few smoothies and lots of water. I also made a scrub with it using sugar and salt and wow talk about fresh, soft and smooth skin! Anyways, I've been using it for like 3 weeks now due to using cocoa butter lotion and baby oil and my skin would just be so dry and itchy the next day, it was horrible. Then, I remembered about this precious and sacred oil that was used for generations sitting in my kitchen cabinet, so I picked it up and have been using it ever since.

The end. :)

on 10/27/2016 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very dry hair, that at time conditioner alone can't tame. I use this as a pretreatment before I shampoo to help protect my hair since shampooing causes dryness. I heat up about a quarter cup, which is enough to saturate my short to medium length hair from scalp to ends. I try to massage some into my scalp as well, then just apply a shower cap and wait. I leave this on for at least 20 minutes, and sometimes more than an hour. Olive oil not only moisturizes the hair and scalp but it contains beneficial nutrients like omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. I had a lot of hair breakage due to the dryness of my hair and nothing seemed to help. Since using this I've seen a roughly 50 to 75% reduction in breakage. I think the key is keeping the scalp moisturized. Dry scalp = dry hair, shampooing strips the scalp of moisture and conditioner just isn't going to replace it. I had a couple of spots where the hair was thinning due to breakage, the hair is filling in just a bit and isn't as noticeable. I've never had an issue with this not washing out my hair, and still condition after shampooing when using olive oil. Definitely worth trying if you have breakage and hair loss caused by dryness and damage from chemical treatments like bleach, relaxer, and coloring.

on 10/5/2016 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

So extra virgin oil is a must have. I use it as a hair oil, body lotion, and also makeup remover.
It is the ultimate oil for hair, I oil my hair regularly with different oils but I always come back to olive oil because it has a well-rounded effect, softens hair, removes dandruff, makes hair grow longer, all of it.
As for body lotion, I rub it on skin especially on the rough areas like knees and elbows and I find that it does improve skin quality. At the moment, I'm using this to light dark areas like armpit or pubic area as I've heard from many places that olive oil does even skin tone. Will update in a month or so on results.
While I use it as a makeup remover, I do not use it as a face moisturizer or leave it on my face for long as it breaks me out, olive oil heats up my face and I get tiny red dots as a reaction. I prefer other lighter oil for my face. This could just be me as my skin is somewhat sensitive.

on 9/15/2016 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely LOVE this for my hair! I don't use this as a leave on because it obviously does not absorb very well therefore leaving you with limp, greasy hair. I use this as a hair mask, sometimes by itself, sometimes with other oils such as Sweet Almond Oil, Tea Tree Oil or Honey.

I have thin hair which I inherited from my mom's side. But years ago, I realized that the hair around my hairline was getting too thin and it looked like it was receding and it looked awful! After much research, I tried on Olive Oil on my hair every weekend for about a month and a half. I made sure it's warm and leave it on for atleast 3 hrs or longer and sometimes even overnight. It doesn't wash off easily though so I wash my hair twice and make sure that I don't have to leave the house because there's still some oil left. The next day after washing once, the oil will be totally gone.

After a month, my friend keeps laughing at my "bird's nest" cause I have baby hair sticking up all over my head. After a while of continuing the Olive Oil twice a month, I finally have not only fuller, but also healthier, smoother hair. So happy!

At times, I get lazy and don't put on Olive Oil for months and I find that my hair starts to thin again, it becomes dry and easily gets tangled. Every other week for me is good but of course, the more frequent, the better.

Update: When I leave this on overnight, I make sure to wrap my hair because lately, my skin has become more sensitive and I would wake up with new acne if I don't secure my hair. This doesn't seem to happen before but what can I do, my skin is fickle.

Make suy you buy the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Will repurchase forever.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It's my go to for everything; dry skin, makeup remover, cuticles, hair treatment, lip balm. I use it instead of coconut oil which makes me break out. I love that it's natural so I don't have to worry about chemicals. I have dry sensitive skin so I use this to remove my makeup and as a facial moisturizer and underneath my eyes. A lot of products work because of the natural oils in them, so I just prefer to go straight to the source, plus it's cheaper!

works on any body part, but I especially love it as a lipbalm!

on 7/20/2016 12:06:00 PM

I love adding this to face masks (no more than once a week it may clog your pores). This softens my skin and helps heal blemishes that I have dried out. I always wash my face after using a mask with olive oil to reduce the chance of it clogging my pores and causing more acne. Just using a little is best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wanted olive oil to be a miracle for my skin. I even went out and splurged on the finest, freshest olive oil I could find and had it shipped to me from a grove in California. I used it for several weeks to cleanse, to moisturize etc…. What I was left with was skin that was still dry and still breaking out constantly. No improvement at all. In fact, I think it made my skin more broken out than my traditional wash and moisturize regimen. I ended up using the remainder for cooking since it was such nice olive oil. Unfortunately every skin type responds differently. For me this was not a good.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Extra virgin olive oil is an HG mixture for me. It feels so good and like the mediteranneans know, it is a key for vitality and health.