Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

on 8/31/2017 5:13:00 PM

Hands down, EVOO works like magic. I live in a very dry climate and tried all sorts of creams and lotions for my dry and wrinkly looking hands. I even ordered collagen powder just to help my skin. Nothing really worked for me. Until I was reading an article about EVOO for skin. My hands feel and look younger and also my nails seem to be stronger . No more breakage! I also mix 1-2 drops into my moisturizer and my face is glowing, absolutely love it.

on 7/6/2017 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i haven't used anything else to remove makeup since 2011 and i don't think i ever will.

i use this nightly to remove concealer/powder/eyeliner/mascara/lipstick etc etc and follow up with my usual cleanser. it's supposedly noncomedogenic but im dubious. when i dont wash this off, i do find that i get an increase in whiteheads and blackheads. i've noticed some folks claim it's impossible for this oil to clog your pores, but in my experience, it absolutely can. it may be because my pores are larger, but it's just plain false that this is 100% flat out incapable of clogging anyone's pores ever. people react differently to different things, so if you know your skin is sensitive to particularly cloying/occlusive products, make sure you rinse this off after use.

i recommend using it in the shower exclusively. I like to wet my face, wash my hair + body, then pour a little oil in my hand and massage it into my skin. i've seen ppl suggest putting it onto a cotton pad and wiping your makeup off dry, but honestly i think it works better when there's water involved because water helps break up your makeup too. no money wasted on cotton pads and it feels way way way gentler on your face. i find that normally evoo doesnt remove everything on its own the way i use it, i guess since oil and water dont mix, but after i go back in with a normal cleanser, everything is gone. the oil really helps to break down the makeup water isn't able to break up on its own and holds onto it all until your cleanser gets in and breaks down the oil itself.

i will say that if i wear gel liner one day i do have to take a cotton swab of this to my eyes after showering but luckily evoo's good for your lashes kkkkk

I have begun a blushing, new love affair with extra virgin olive oil. Sure, I always appreciated it's crisp, fruity pungescence (is that a word?) from afar as it glistened on top of my salads and pasta, but I kept my distance. Eating it was fine and good, but on my skin? On my FACE skin? Heavens no. What would people think?! BUT, as coy flirtations sometimes tend to do, this one has now blossomed into full on luuurve. Each evening I sneak off into the bathroom to spend time with my green lovely, I add a few drops to my bathwater, I OCM with it followed by gently smoothing on a bit more, loving every luxurious moment. I use is (sparingly!) to tame and smooth the parched ends of my hair, and end with a drop on my lips. It feels decadent, and my skin loves it. It's smooth, moisturized, and dare I say it, radiant. It's never looked better. A FINAL CAVEAT: do not attempt this with cheap or adulterated EVOO. You need the good stuff to be sure that what you are using is 100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. False advertising is rife in the EVOO world. The true gems will cost you more, but better a light wallet than a congested, irritated face (IMHO). Costco actually has a good imported organic EVOO, and California Olive Ranch EVOO works well for me too. Don't be afraid to love it! You just might!

This is the only thing I use on my face, and I've tried all the expensive oils. I do have very good skin, but I was starting to age like my mom - more slight sagging than wrinkles, marionette sort of lines. I started using this a year ago, and my skin glows and I don't notice the lines as much, and my sun damage has faded to nothing. Magical for me!

on 4/6/2017 11:12:00 PM

Ok.. I have to review this product

It works wonderfully
I use it everynight with Vitamin C Serum (DIY with those soluble Vitamin C)
I make my vitamin C serum Potent
& apply it all over my face & neck
When the vitamin c dries, i slather a tinsy wincy amount of EVOO
I wake up with glowing skin
My pitted scars are less visible now

on 3/22/2017 1:59:00 PM

My favorite thing to use olive oil for in my beauty routine is in a body scrub. I just mix this with sugar and i'm good to go. I've soaked my feet in this and hot water in the past and liked that, as well. I think the consistency is not right for moisturizing the body, but that's my opinion. I like coconut oil for that. I've also used this heated up and poured on my hair for a mask. This was fine, but I think it can be a little touch to wash out. A friend posted she was using olive oil on her lashes and they seemed to be growing so I used this as an eye makeup remove and it stung the eff out of my eyes so i'm not touching it for that anymore. I like coconut oil for eye makeup remover. It also has definitely helped my lashes out. They're longer. The only thing I use olive oil for these days is for body scrub but I really like it for that and this stuff is so cheap so using a little for body scrub instead of buying one is a good option. It can make your shower floor slick so be careful. I'm sure it works well for other people as other things which is great but this is really the only way I like it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I use extra virgin olive oil to make ointment with beeswax, that I use on my face. I am also purchasing olive oil with laurel for my hair. It's my favourite "product" for skin/hair care!

on 3/3/2017 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I picked up extra virgin olive oil from the farmers market which is all natural with no preservatives, tried it for 1 month and all I got was pimples growing all over my forehead and flaky dry skin on my nose and cheeks. Had to go back to my moisturiser after this. Maybe i will be better to mix with other ingredients or just hair but my face didn't agree to it at all.

on 3/2/2017 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

WHO KNEW. Man. Ok. So I never really thought olive oil would make a good skin care product. I have combination and acne prone skin so the idea of putting oil on my face made me shudder with terror. I think after dabbing oil of my face every afternoon and dealing with stubborn acne for 8 years and counting has made me paranoid. I just couldn't imagine myself ever using it. I only ever used it every once and while mixed with sugar for a hand scrub, which made my hands incredibly soft, by the way. But on my face? Never.
Queu painful, itchy, red, shiny, sting-y, flaky, dry patch on upper cheek. I have never had to deal with anything like this before. I've always had combination skin, never dry skin so this was whole new and unfamiliar territory. I had no idea what to do with as it developed and got worse except slather more moisturizer on it, which did nothing. It wasn't sunburn or a reaction to anything, I'm sure of it. Key information: I live in Canada and it's winter right now (cold and dry). I guess the oily skin of my teen years has finally started calming the F down and that's why I've developed this evil dry thing. It was getting so bad that, after hours of internet surfing and seeing that oil was the answer, I finally put my fears and paranoia aside, reached into my kitchen cupboard, and dabbed it on every morning and night. After one day, it was no longer shiny and stinging. After two days, it was no longer itchy or flaky. After three days, it was almost completely gone. It's been over two weeks now and it's still kind of there, a little bit, but SOOO much better. I'm still applying olive oil every night and some mornings too to keep it from getting that bad again. It isn't going away though but that's probably since it's still cold and dry. It's March now so hopefully it'll warm up soon and it'll go away completely and I won't need to keep applying. In the mean time, so glad this has worked so well. Hasn't broken me out at all. Very impressed and happy.

God. OLIVE OIL. How did I ever go without you?

So, I got some from our pantry, poured into one of those small empty travel bottles, and this along with cotton pads are my NEW best friends. Here's what I use my EVOO for:)

Eye makeup remover- If nothing else, I HIGHLY recommend this to everyone. It has never failed to get any off. Just apply some to a cotton pad (you don't need a ton), let it sit on your eye makeup, and gently wipe away all that stubborn makeup. i ONLY use waterproof mascara, including Cover Girl Lash Blast, Maybelline's Colossal, etc. and EVOO has made even my most hard to remove mascaras look like wimps. Conditions my lashes.:)

Night moisturizer- Yep. I use a SMALL (talking about less than a dime size) amount all over my face and neck after cleansing. I wake up to soft, moisturized skin. EVOO does NOT clog your pores. It CAN'T clog your pores because the molecules are much larger than your pores. Ask any dermatologist. This has made my skin super soft & lovely & more evenly toned. it feels great especially after using a facial scrub.

Hair- this is where I draw the line. It's WAYY too heavy & concentrated to just pour on my hair, but I use Garnier's Triple Nutrition conditioner, which contains olive oil, & I must say, the oil blend is proven to keep hair healthy. Since using this, my hair's been growing quickly. I'd recommend using a small amount in a homemade hair mask:)

The fragrance lasts maybe one minute. This stuff is CHEAP & lasts forever since it's so concentrated. Don't ever spend money on eye makeup remover again. EVOO is so much better than baby oil (aka mineral oil, which is majorly controversial), has been used for centuries, and is honestly my best friend. just PLEASE don't slather this on before going outside or your poor cute self will crisp. :)