Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OK, by itself I did not like this product very much. Like every other luminizer out there, it's kind of goopy/streaky/obvious looking, and it would always erase or smudge my concealer/foundation. The only good thing was that it doesn't have huge glittery pieces like some of them. But two weeks ago I would have given this a 2.

BUT THEN... I bought a mini spray bottle (tiny tiny) and filled it with a little bit of water, put some luminizer in, shook it up, and sprayed it on my face a few times. I LOVE IT!! It's just enough sparkle to make me glowy looking all over, but not too crazy looking and you don't have to deal with the application problems. So, I think the product itself is decent, although it blows to have to spend this kind of time and energy figuring out how to make it work for me.

on 7/28/2011 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product must be the best kept secret in the industry. If I forget to put it on I don't even look like my look is complete. It adds a gorgeous glow from within look. In the summer people always ask me if I just got back from an exotic vacation. It is really that good. A little last a long time, so worth every golden penny.

on 2/11/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my brow bone and it looks amazing. I think it's a little too much shimmer to put on the rest of my face though. I don't think I'll ever run out of this! But if I do, I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/16/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So many liquid luminizers are too shimmery/glittery. This one is not - it's a perfect shade of warm candlelight, and the shimmer is fine. Not quite as fine as my beloved BB Beige Shimmerbrick, but for a liquid, it's the finest shimmer I have encountered. I love that this is a liquid so you can mix it with foundations to make them more glowy. I don't care for the nail polish -type of packaging though becuase I never want to contaminate by applying directly to my face, and also when trying to get a good-sized blob in the hand for mixing with foundation, it also is not ideal. I normally like to dab this on my upper cheekbones.

on 12/7/2009 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love love love this stuff! Its winter now and my skin starts to look very dull (olive skin tends to look grey in the winter!) I tried this other stuff from benefit-high beam, but it totally wiped my concealer and other makeup off. But this stuff stays put and it doesn't make your other makeup come off. Its perfect not to glittery not too subtle. Definately recommend!

on 6/10/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I want something to add some "luminosity" to my medium deep to tan skin tone. Unfortunately, I really didn't see any difference when I used this product. Too little would result in no luminosity or shimmer at all and more would leave me with this greasy look. Maybe this just not the right color of shimmer for my skin tone. I also didn't like that the bottle would leak if not stored upright. For the $22 I spent I am disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this stuff because my friend had it..gave a very slight sheen to her skin. Honestly, I haven't used it much if at all because I feel like it rubs my makeup off if I apply it on top (it is a liquid, after all) and I decided I'm not a fan of applying wet shimmer on my face. I much prefer powder formulas. Plus you have to be careful when it dries. I will try applying it under my brows and in the corners of my eyes, maybe I will like it better that way!

I really like this product a lot. It provides a really nice gold shimmer that helps brighten up your face. It is a little expensive, but the container is so big I don't think I will need to repurchase again for a year, at the very least. It comes with a little brush applicator-- it reminds you of nail polish. Maybe a tube applicator would be nice? But overall, a good product.

on 1/2/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was so excited to try this. I used this on my brow bone, on tops of apples of cheeks, and on the inner corner of my eyes.

First, you need to dab this onto your skin right away or else you'll have a gold streak mark that is visible close up of where you applied this. It looks decent under the brow bone, very subtle in the inner corner of the eyes, but noticeable and not very pretty as a highlighter on the cheekbones. I think I will have to look for a better powder highlighter, as liquids just aren't for me.

on 10/19/2008 2:38:00 PM

Samples do work! I never had interest in trying this until accumulating a few samples of AOS #3--a few packets and tiny tubes. I love this product, but only use it mainly on my eye (brow bone or alone or over shadows), as I'm not a fan of shimmer on my face. However, it looks very natural on my face when mixed with my moisturizer. The color complements my medium skintone perfectly. I'd rate this a five if the full-size product came in a smaller bottle with pump, or if a handful or mini tubes were packaged in a set. As is, it's not the most portable or hygienic of products.