Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

on 1/10/2013 6:50:00 PM

I've used this for years, and have never gotten around to writing a review until now. I love this product,and it's my go-to highlighter. I find many other highlighters are too dark or too pink to pass as highlighters on my fair skin (I'm really pasty, yet olive toned), so I love that this one is both light and golden. I mix it in with liquid foundation, or apply on it's own after foundation. I find that however you choose to use this, it's just right- not too frosty, and gives a lovely luminescent pearly glow. I've repurchased several times over and the bottles are quite large, so they last a long time and are a decent value, considering the amount of product and the quality. Highly recommended!

on 5/31/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this as an alternative to to moonbeam.
pearls are wayy more noticeable than moonbeam/highbeam! if you want subtle effect, this is not what you should get.

on 2/11/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my brow bone and it looks amazing. I think it's a little too much shimmer to put on the rest of my face though. I don't think I'll ever run out of this! But if I do, I will definitely repurchase.

Got a sample of this in a swap, and was pretty excited because it looked a lot like Benefit's Moonbeam liquid highlighter, which I love dearly. While it's a similar golden yellow-y hue, it's way to shimmery for my liking. I'd rather have a subtle iridescence then the somewhat noticeable glitter flakes that this stuff has. The liquid is a nice enough consistency and goes on smoothly, but I just wish it were more natural-looking.

on 1/2/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was so excited to try this. I used this on my brow bone, on tops of apples of cheeks, and on the inner corner of my eyes.

First, you need to dab this onto your skin right away or else you'll have a gold streak mark that is visible close up of where you applied this. It looks decent under the brow bone, very subtle in the inner corner of the eyes, but noticeable and not very pretty as a highlighter on the cheekbones. I think I will have to look for a better powder highlighter, as liquids just aren't for me.

on 10/27/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received several tiny samples of this with a Sephora Beauty Insider purchase, and I took it with me when I went to my 10-year class reunion. Hey, if there was ever a time for my skin to glow, it should be after seeing my high-school classmates, right! :) I used it after applying liquid fdtn (MUFE F&B), and before blush and powder...I just painted two stripes on my cheeks and blended them in, then dotted some on my forehead, chin and nose, and blended those as well. I didn't really notice much of a difference until later that night at dinner, when someone else's DH (!!!) told me my skin glowed. :D I save this product for special occasions so I haven't used it much, but if I ever run out of my little samples I'd probably hit Sephora and get some more. ;) I like this product a lot!

on 4/23/2008 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a rule I'm not a fan of gold with makeup (my skin is neutral toned, so the only colours I usually have trouble pulling off are those at the extreme ends of the warm and cool spectrums, which are invariably golds and silvers), but as I love Stila's Peach Liquid Luminizer so much and the reviews here were so good I decided to take the plunge.
I usually just apply it around my orbital bone (I already use Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation so I don't need to mix it with my base). Application is really easy with the oversized nail polish-like bottle and the product blends easily and smoothly. The result is more of a glow than a shimmer which gives it a big advantage over powder highlighters which can tend to look glittery in artificial light.
The colour is a soft pale gold, so it's really flattering on me, and makes my skin look luminescent. This shows up more on my skin more than the Peach, especially on my brow bone, so I tend to wear it more for evening.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I received a very generous sample sachet of this with an order from sephora.com, and I must say that I'm extremely impressed. It's the most natural-looking highlighter I've ever used, period - the shimmer isn't too over-the-top, and there's no glitter whatsoever, just a pretty white-gold glow. I used it on the browbone with UD Maui Wowie on the lid and Smog in the crease, and it was gorgeous. I looked very awake, even though my eyes were rather bloodshot and dark circled before I put on makeup. I don't love the nail-polish style bottle with wide mouth, but it's not much of a problem as long as I open it carefully.

on 11/29/2006 7:25:00 PM

I like Stil's All Over Shimmer, but because it's a cream, it's a bit harder to apply and much more obvious. This one is a lighter liquid that's perfect for the face, and the color is very attractive. I use it in the summer mixed with some Neutrogena skin clearing tint and have started using it in the winter alone, on the top of my cheekbones and on my brows, and even a little swipe on my eyelids, as I don't usually wear any eye makeup. Great product, as is most of Stila's stuff.

on 9/20/2005 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this luminizer--I walked around Sephora and tested every single liquid highlighter, and this was my favorite hands down. First of all, it is really hard to find a golden highlighter that doesn't have bronze to it. I like that this gives a warm glow without looking like you're trying to fake a tan. I love that it has so many uses--I will probably most often add it to my moisturizer and cream blush for a bit of shimmer for daytime, but it has the potential to be more dramatic swept across the cheekbones for night, or on the eyes, lips, etc. It seems to stay put quite well, although I will have to test drive it a few more times to make sure. I also agree with sara13 that the brush applicator is nice and allows more control than the pump style of most luminizers. Overall a wonderful product...highly recommend!