Essie Sole Mate

Essie Sole Mate
Sole Mate

3.6

on 10/19/2014 2:04:00 PM

I'm quite disappointed, after seeing it in magazines pitched as a smokey plum, I was hoping for a smokey grey purple. Instead it was far far closer to a blackened red. In short think wine, not plum.
Therefore my hunt led me to Barry M 'vintage violet' which is really lovely a smokey violet , with quite a bit of grey. Ironically the comparison is heightened as 'sole mate' Is still streaky after 2 coats and Barry M was pretty much perfect after 1. Over all, it's ok, but don't order online as it's very misleading.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Sole Mate is a deep plummy/eggplant like color, I purchased it basically knowing I will never wear it, it was purchased just to add to my nail polish collection and if a friend comes over and likes it she sure can borrow it.........lol
Sole Mate is a nice color but it's not my cup of tea.
I prefer Swing Velvet which is really flattering on my fair/cool skintone, and the color is a beautiful shiny berry/plum that applies like a charm.

on 9/16/2012 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

another great essie polish, you only need one coat of this and it's opaque. it's not exactly my taste (too dark) but it's a gorgeous color. I'll probably give it to my sister, because it's not for me, but this looks beautiful on, it's maroon with a hint of purple.

on 11/30/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love the color, it's blackened burgundy with a hint of purple, reminds me of black cherries someway. It's dark but not gothic and I like the glossy finish too. Downfalls: the first (and sometimes even the second) coat is always too streaky. It also chips very quickly unfortunately...

on 10/12/2006 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is such a gorgeous color. It looks amazing on my extremely fair skin. I love it because it's really dark but has a really trendy look to it, not gothic. Definitely will purchase (I got a manicure with it)

I love this color... It's my favorite color nail polish ever!

on 1/7/2006 5:18:00 PM

I really like this shade(Cat1104 described it perfectly as "a cool-toned, blackened plum creme") but found the quality a bit disappointing. It goes on quite streaky and application is not that easy. I will probably not repurchase, I will look for a lookalike with better quality.

Popular Polishes