Avene Cold Cream Ultra-Rich Soap-Free Cleansing Bar

Avene  Cold Cream Ultra-Rich Soap-Free Cleansing Bar
Cold Cream Ultra-Rich Soap-Free Cleansing Bar

4.4

Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate,Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, PEG-45 Palm Kernel Glycerides, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Titanium Dioxide.

on 1/19/2017 5:43:00 AM

I have only used it once, and it dried my face. That happens with all my cleansers so it' s not a surprise for me. I am giving it 3 stars because I intend to use it again and see if the dryness persists. In that case I will use it for my body.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've bought this soap based on great reviews of MUA members.
I have normal dehydrated very sensitive skin.
Since I moved to dry California I've been looking for perfect face cleanser that doesn't consists oil (my skin can't cope with oil cleansers) and doesn't dry out my face.
This soap is definitely not a product I've been looking for.

Pros:
- I love the smell
- it makes my face super clean, remove all makeup without leaving any trace of it and any residue (I usually wash face two times in a row to make sure everything was removed)
- my face has healthy glow right after I use it

Cons:
- it does dry out my skin (I need to apply cream right afterwards)
- my skin start peeling off slightly and get patchy surface because of how dry it became
- I get some red spots (it does irritate my skin)

I don't think this soap is suitable for people with dehydrated skin, while sensitivity is very personal matter.

UPDATE: After two weeks of using it my face was covered in large red ugly pimples! I haven't handed anything else in my regimen and when I've stopped using it my face got back to normal. Such an awful product! Sensitive skin - stay away!

on 10/7/2016 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is fantastic for my "normal", sensitive skin. It's extremely gentle, never drying, & removes makeup, etc. with ease. I use the bar with a Gentle Buf-Puf, & my skin gets completely clean. Besides being sensitive, I'm prone to acne (even though I'm past that age!) My skin feels balanced after using this. I don't need to run to my jar of moisturizer to offset the cleansing. My skin hates almost everything, but it likes Avene. I'll continue to purchase this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I originally bought this for my husband, who has rosacea and who is such a nut that, left to his own devices, he'll use cheap liquid hand soap to wash his face. I tried this a few times and liked it so much that I bought a bar for me to keep in my bathroom to use on my face. This is such a gentle but yet thorough bar for washing your face and even if I don't "double cleanse", it seems to remove my makeup and the grime of a day of city life. It's packaged rather nicely and sort of "old-fashioned-y" in that inside the outer cardboard box, the bar is wrapped in thick, ribbed white paper, very much in the tradition of many fine French soaps. It looks sort of vintage and a little bit luxurious. I try to make a point of not letting this sit in a wet environment - I keep it in a soap dish with ridges that hold the bar so the underside can dry. As so many others have said, this doesn't suck the moisture from your skin but leaves you feeling clean and soft. Nice product.

on 4/5/2016 5:48:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Do wish I could say I always did what my mother told me to do and can now remember what she taught me, but that wouldn’t be the whole truth. However, one thing I do remember from a very early age is being told to wash my hands. Later, as a housewife and mother I smiled remembering her words probably because of the many times a day I washed my hands.

Those are, of course, happy memories of my Mom but not very happy times for my hands because often I was in too much of a hurry to use lotion after washing and when I did it didn’t seem to make much difference as my hands were constantly dry and sometimes the skin became irritated. Yet I was well aware of the importance of warding off bacteria.

So grateful for learning about Avene Cold Cream Ultra Rich Cleansing Bar! It has made all the difference. No need to mention the names of the soaps I’d been using but they’re popular brands found in most grocery stores. They simply cannot hold a candle to Avene’s bar that is free of soap and lanolin ensuring that skin becomes and stays soft and smooth and even leaves a gentle protective film for softer skin. Further it contains Avene Thermal Spring Water which clinical studies have shown provides skin-restoring, soothing and softening benefits.

Perhaps best of all it can be used for face and body with the same salubrious results. As if all of this weren’t enough the bar arrives in the perfect travel case - a nifty plastic case made from one seamless piece that has a remarkable little hinge for easy opening and snap lock closing. Avene overlooks nothing! Find it at aveneusa.com.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A very nice soap which doesn't dry out my skin. Mild pleasant fragrance. The only downside is it's quite expensive and doesn't last that long.

Reading through the reviews, most of the reviewers seem to be using the soap for their faces. I have only used this as a body soap which seems extravagant but after a bad episode of hives, it is worth the expense.

on 11/9/2015 1:50:00 AM

This is an AMAZING soap bar that I use on my face. It's the only cleanser out there that doesn't strip my face out. It actually leaves it moisturised and soft.
I will use it on my son's atopic skin as well.
Beware not to splash it with water as it will melt quickly (as is the case with ALL facial bars).
Just wet your hands and lather.
Great value also. I got it for 3.5 euros from an online drugstore and it will last for at least six months

on 1/5/2015 4:42:00 PM

I like how this cleansing bar gently cleans without stripping the skin. I use this on my face with my Clarisonic brush. I'm not crazy about the smell but I don't mind it, it's pretty neutral and mild. This cleanser has never aggravated either my eczema or my acne.

Unfortunately, the bar absorbs water easily and is quite soft. After a while, it will begin to sink down and mold itself to the shape of the soap dish. Get a soap dish that drains really well and keep it covered if storing in the shower.

I consider this bar to be pretty good value. It lasts longer for me than liquid cleanser would at the same price point.

I've tried many different types of cleansers but this is my favourite. I use it in the evening to wash my make up off (foundation, eyeliner, mascara and blush). I have found other cleansers either sting my eyes or don't get rid of all my make up. This removes every trace of make up and can be used comfortably around the eyes. I find that I have to spend ages trying to get my make up off with non-rinse cleansers and my skin never feels that clean afterwards. My skin always feels very nice and clean after using this but not too dry.
I also really like the smell. It's a pretty neutral, french and clean smelling.
It lasts a long time. I would say a bar lasts four months used every evening.
The liquid cold cream cleanser from Avene is also very good but basically has the same ingredients plus water. As I add my own water when I'm washing my face, I feel that you are basically paying more for less actual cleansing. The bar is all the cleansing agents minus water. This makes it more compact and longer lasting. In my mind bit like those extra concentrated laundry detergents in the smaller bottles.
I've just bought 8 bars of this soap as I'm worried they might stop making it. It is very difficult to find good, cheap, face specific soap-free cleansing bars.
This bar costs 4.50 GBP, which I feel is good value compared to similar quality cleansing bars. Clarins makes one which is 17 GBP!
Overall I find this bar as a facial cleanser is effective, pleasant to use, compact and economical.

on 11/9/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This soap really does work for not drying out my eczema prone hands. It cleansers well - I see the dirt washing off off. The only problem is: the texture of this is so soft that I'm sure I would use this up in about 3 weeks if I washed my hands with only this soap. This also gets very soft when moisture is added and kinda melts into an ugly pile.This is annoying because it sinks into my soap dish. I also dislike the smell of this - I know that people that have very sensitive skin shouldn't use a lot of perfumed stuff, but there are a lot of other soaps without perfume that smells way better than this one. I can't really explain the smell - it's quite gentle, but I just don't like it.

The price of ONE bar is about $10. Although I like how this soap performs (except the smell), I don't feel I can afford to use it all the time when I can get equally good soap for about $1,5 a piece (Lano soap bar, that is)