Avene Cold Cream Ultra-Rich Soap-Free Cleansing Bar

Avene  Cold Cream Ultra-Rich Soap-Free Cleansing Bar

4.5

Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate,Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, PEG-45 Palm Kernel Glycerides, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Titanium Dioxide.

on 4/5/2016 5:48:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Do wish I could say I always did what my mother told me to do and can now remember what she taught me, but that wouldn’t be the whole truth. However, one thing I do remember from a very early age is being told to wash my hands. Later, as a housewife and mother I smiled remembering her words probably because of the many times a day I washed my hands.

Those are, of course, happy memories of my Mom but not very happy times for my hands because often I was in too much of a hurry to use lotion after washing and when I did it didn’t seem to make much difference as my hands were constantly dry and sometimes the skin became irritated. Yet I was well aware of the importance of warding off bacteria.

So grateful for learning about Avene Cold Cream Ultra Rich Cleansing Bar! It has made all the difference. No need to mention the names of the soaps I’d been using but they’re popular brands found in most grocery stores. They simply cannot hold a candle to Avene’s bar that is free of soap and lanolin ensuring that skin becomes and stays soft and smooth and even leaves a gentle protective film for softer skin. Further it contains Avene Thermal Spring Water which clinical studies have shown provides skin-restoring, soothing and softening benefits.

Perhaps best of all it can be used for face and body with the same salubrious results. As if all of this weren’t enough the bar arrives in the perfect travel case - a nifty plastic case made from one seamless piece that has a remarkable little hinge for easy opening and snap lock closing. Avene overlooks nothing! Find it at aveneusa.com.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A very nice soap which doesn't dry out my skin. Mild pleasant fragrance. The only downside is it's quite expensive and doesn't last that long.

Reading through the reviews, most of the reviewers seem to be using the soap for their faces. I have only used this as a body soap which seems extravagant but after a bad episode of hives, it is worth the expense.

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/9/2015 1:50:00 AM

This is an AMAZING soap bar that I use on my face. It's the only cleanser out there that doesn't strip my face out. It actually leaves it moisturised and soft.
I will use it on my son's atopic skin as well.
Beware not to splash it with water as it will melt quickly (as is the case with ALL facial bars).
Just wet your hands and lather.
Great value also. I got it for 3.5 euros from an online drugstore and it will last for at least six months

on 1/5/2015 4:42:00 PM

I like how this cleansing bar gently cleans without stripping the skin. I use this on my face with my Clarisonic brush. I'm not crazy about the smell but I don't mind it, it's pretty neutral and mild. This cleanser has never aggravated either my eczema or my acne.

Unfortunately, the bar absorbs water easily and is quite soft. After a while, it will begin to sink down and mold itself to the shape of the soap dish. Get a soap dish that drains really well and keep it covered if storing in the shower.

I consider this bar to be pretty good value. It lasts longer for me than liquid cleanser would at the same price point.

I've tried many different types of cleansers but this is my favourite. I use it in the evening to wash my make up off (foundation, eyeliner, mascara and blush). I have found other cleansers either sting my eyes or don't get rid of all my make up. This removes every trace of make up and can be used comfortably around the eyes. I find that I have to spend ages trying to get my make up off with non-rinse cleansers and my skin never feels that clean afterwards. My skin always feels very nice and clean after using this but not too dry.
I also really like the smell. It's a pretty neutral, french and clean smelling.
It lasts a long time. I would say a bar lasts four months used every evening.
The liquid cold cream cleanser from Avene is also very good but basically has the same ingredients plus water. As I add my own water when I'm washing my face, I feel that you are basically paying more for less actual cleansing. The bar is all the cleansing agents minus water. This makes it more compact and longer lasting. In my mind bit like those extra concentrated laundry detergents in the smaller bottles.
I've just bought 8 bars of this soap as I'm worried they might stop making it. It is very difficult to find good, cheap, face specific soap-free cleansing bars.
This bar costs 4.50 GBP, which I feel is good value compared to similar quality cleansing bars. Clarins makes one which is 17 GBP!
Overall I find this bar as a facial cleanser is effective, pleasant to use, compact and economical.

on 11/9/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This soap really does work for not drying out my eczema prone hands. It cleansers well - I see the dirt washing off off. The only problem is: the texture of this is so soft that I'm sure I would use this up in about 3 weeks if I washed my hands with only this soap. This also gets very soft when moisture is added and kinda melts into an ugly pile.This is annoying because it sinks into my soap dish. I also dislike the smell of this - I know that people that have very sensitive skin shouldn't use a lot of perfumed stuff, but there are a lot of other soaps without perfume that smells way better than this one. I can't really explain the smell - it's quite gentle, but I just don't like it.

The price of ONE bar is about $10. Although I like how this soap performs (except the smell), I don't feel I can afford to use it all the time when I can get equally good soap for about $1,5 a piece (Lano soap bar, that is)

on 2/22/2013 9:26:00 PM

I have dry/dehydrated skin that is prone to getting blotchy and sensitive when the weather is really cold (like it is this 2012/13 winter). I didn't mind using this in the fall, but atm, its a bit too drying for me. With that being said, the fact that is a BIT is pretty good given that its a bar and not a creme cleanser.
Yes, I would buy again any other time of the year, but with the humidity being so low, its just a touch too drying, emphasizing my flaky nose and cheeks. It has a faint, yet lovely smell, rinse clean away (I have well water) and doesn't break out my acne prone skin.
UPDATE:Turns out this was the culprit to my blackheads. I stopped using it and switched to olive oil for cleansing and they magically went away!

What a little miracle soap! So impressed with it. Adore avene products any way and this just ticks all the boxes. If your looking for something to calm upset skin then look no further. It's definitely not a makeup remover but its perfect for just sweeping away excess dirt or oil ( perfect for morning wash) and really does leave your skin looking a feeling super fresh, without that horrible tight dry feeling. The packaging is also really classy and has a very clean look without any stupid 'miracle cure' crap on it. Will be repurchasing as soon as it runs out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Im on my second bar , after purchasing my first one on an impulse.

Sometimes , impulse buys get to reveal a true gem. This was the case with me and this little bar of soap.
I am not a fan of soap bars , I have used shower gels and liquid soaps for the last 10 years. Very rarely do I buy soap bars so dont know what got me to pick this one up.
But from the first wash , I totally fell in love. The scent to me screams of "clean". And it lingers for a while , and I like to catch the smell of it on me ... it gives me a positive feeling , for some reason.
Its mild , as it's soapless - I have used it on my face a couple of times too. I am very careful of what I wash or cleanse my face with. I had no hesitation to pick this up and wash my face with it.

It didnt break me out or give me a reaction. I cant say that about many products.
I will be buying this for a long time from now on. Avene is slowly becoming my " go to" brand - I get along with their face cleanser , thermal water and now the cold cream soap. I am very pleased and impressed. Well done , Avene!

on 11/27/2012 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this to use through the cold weather and though it left my skin feeling very soft and supple it really clogged my pores.