Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Auburn

Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Auburn

4.3

on 6/8/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been dying my hair red for the past 2 years, everything from burgundy to ginger. I was using L'Oreal Excellence, then Preference, then Feria a few times, then Garnier. I couldn't find my usual Garnier shade at Walgreens so picked this up. I'm surprisingly impressed with this dye, especially for the price. Since it's ammonia free, the smell of the dye isn't too offensive. Not too impressed with the conditioner, but for the price I can overlook that. It turned out almost exactly like on the box on my naturally light brown hair. It's a true medium warm auburn which complements my skin tone really nicely. I've had bad experiences with cooler toned reds that washed me out. If I don't feel like experimenting with another color, I'll definitely repurchase.

I used to use this brand of hair dye when I dyed my hair. It works extremely well if you use a great shampoo/conditioner/deep conditioner. Though, unlike the brown/black one, which gives you the exact color it says it will.. This one gives you weird brown/blonde color, not a medium auburn color. It still came out very nice, though. i'd buy it again if I were to dye my hair that color.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've used Colorsilk in many different shades over the years and have always been impressed with the results. I used Medium Auburn #42 last night on my chocolate brown hair. My hair usually has some red notes but they'd faded, so I was looking to give some more red demention to my hair and this did it. My hair now is reddish brown and looks great. Colorsilk left my hair as it always does, soft, shiny, vibrant and very natural looking. And the dye doesn't smell too bad which is definately a plus. If you have hair past shoulder-length and/or is very thick buy 2 boxes. My hair is about "4 inches past my shoulders and extremely thick and I always need 2 boxes. Overall this dye is great stuff (especially for the price!), I will continue to buy it again and again :)

The medium auburn is a very pretty color, and it definately gave me a natural auburn look. It really doesn't fade that much and the price is very low (I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it but I think it was around $3). I, however, am into more bright and vibrant/intense reds, so I probably won't be buying this particular color again. But I do recommend this very much for anyone who wants a natural aurburn look!

Popular Hair Color Products