66%

price range

Reviews

1.0

3 months ago

Very classy scent! I've always worn Allure EDP and Allure EDT. Now, my husband bought me this for Christmas! Ok, It's definitely it's own scent 100 percent! Smells nothing like Allure. Vanilla dry down.. frankincense..it's very sexy!! Definitely lightens up during the day... still there just fades a bit! I sent back to Chanel. It honestly didn't last as long as other Chanel's. And it just wasn't that good. Mostly pachouli that over powers. Bummer

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

I've deleted my previous review about Allure Sensuelle. The time I've spent with this fragrance has changed my mind about a few things. Allure Sensuelle is like Allure EDP with the peach noted turned down considerably. It's smoother and richer than the original. I still find some similarity to the parfum form of Coco, but Allure Sensuelle is easier to wear. Allure Sensuelle is strong in the beginning, but gets much closer to the skin after the first hour. Longevity isn't bad, but sillage is soft. I really like this fragrance and I'm glad I did a full bottle blind purchase from the Chanel website. If you like the original Allure then you probably love Allure Sensuelle. If you like Coco then you'll probably like Allure Sensuelle. This is a very sophisticated scent created for strong, beautiful, mature, classy, accomplished women.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

This is my signature perfume. I can’t tell you the notes but it’s lush and warm and just works with my body chemistry. Hard to find in the US now but I stock up when I can afford it. Nothing like the original Allure.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

I love Chanel’s perfumes but always snobbed Allure Sensuelle because of the bottle and the name (I guess because I’m french? I think it sounds pretentious!). But I got it as a Christmas gift over a year ago and wow, oh wow was I wrong not to look into it. It is THE BEST perfume I’ve ever own (to name a few others of my ultimate favourites : Chanel Eau Première, No19 & Gabrielle, Guerlain Idylle & Shalimar, Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien & Mandragore). The smell is unique, strong and lasting without being overpowering and it just smells amazing on my skin. My bottle is almost empty after 13 months when usually a bottle of perfume last 3-4 years (I have a lot so I rotate them but Allure Sensuelle obviously was worn much more than all the others combined this past year!). Officially my favorite perfume, and from now on my signature scent!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

I have been wearing allure sensuelle for 11 years and it’s the sexiest fragrance ever!!so many compliments from men when I wear it and so long lasting on me!!i don’t know why it isn’t so famous as coco noir or Mademoiselle but I can guess:it is a »difficult »scent,it doesn’t suit easily to someone but for me that’s the reason I think it’s one of the most uniques perfumes in the history of fragrances. I also bought Gabrielle and I loved it,not so sexy as allure but more radiant so I have both,it depends on my mood,I feel sexy??allure sensuelle is MY fragrance I feel luminous??Gabrielle is MY fragrance!! Advice:the best fragrance is different for everyone,I have tried many popular products an nothing was for me!try before you buy if the fragrance stays on you!!for every woman there is a different fragrance which stays on her!!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

WOW... Well my first question after falling under the spell of this bewitching fragrance is why is it not as popular as Coco Mademoiselle or others in the Chanel fragrance collection? This is utterly gorgeous and beguiling. Just came back from Paris and smelled this at the parfumerie inside the Louvre Museum and bought it within ten minutes of spraying it on my wrist even though I didn't necessarily have the budget for it. Of course the lovely ladies at the Chanel counter kept showcasing the new Gabrielle EDP in my face but I was underwhelmed by that one. I also own Coco Noir and I find this one to be sexier in my opinion i.e spicier and slightly heady. This lingers on my skin for hours and hours and becomes decidedly more creamy and seductive as the day goes on. You can easily overdo this one because even one spritz is quite powerful. I think this one is for those bold women that enjoy wearing a femme fatale type of fragrance. I actually secretly wish I could wear Coco but this is seriously the next best thing. Expensive? Yes. But hey its Chanel. 5/5

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3 years ago

ANOTHER JACQUES POLGE MASTERPIECE!!! Gorgeous floriental! Two thumbs up! WAY UP!! I just acquired this fragrance and have only worn it once thus far, but it is absolutely swoon-worthy! Only the original Coco EdP and a couple of the Les Exclusifs EdT's can compete with Sensuelle EdP. I recently purchased Coco Noir, too, but this is so much more impressive than either Coco Noir or Coco Mademoiselle. Sensuelle is refined, elegant, and well, so very sensual!! As one would expect, the top notes are delicious---very fresh, juicy orange, peach, and bergamot as well as a strong, clean, sparkling patchouli note predominate. Gorgeous Turkish and Bulgarian roses bloom in the heart alongside an elegant jasmine and a cool, sophisticated iris. If there is fruit here, it is fresh, juicy, ripe fruit, NOT candied fruit. Any sweetness is a very natural sweetness, not a candied, sugary sweetness. The heart almost approaches a gourmand at moments, but it never quite reaches gourmand status. It firmly remains a gorgeous floral Oriental throughout. A clean, green, absolutely stunning vetiver accentuates the base along with a light, sparkling, clean patchouli and a bit of both sandalwood and vanilla. (This is how vetiver should be done, baby!) Lingering alongside these notes is the most heavenly incense note I have ever smelt in my life!! It is amazingly fresh throughout into the base notes despite that these notes are generally thought to be "heavy." By the deep dry down, I detect the most elegant vanilla note; it is almost borderline fresh from the hive honey. The development of Allure Sensuelle is simply stunningly beautiful. Sensuelle is a complex perfume in the grand style of perfumery. I highly recommend this fragrance to lovers of both Orientals/Florientals, and fresh, green scents because it does have a wonderfully fresh, delicious vetiver and sparkling patchouli that smells much more like "CHANEL" than Sycomore which smells more like a Lutens's fragrance. It smells very expensive. Sensuelle is firmly one of my all time favourite Chanels now. Sensuelle is without a doubt a Jacques Polge masterpiece and unmistakably a CHANEL at its finest. This is perfume as Fine Art! It is sophisticated, clean yet sensual indeed, and it will undoubtedly get you noticed by both men and women. It is breathtaking and unforgettable. It is completely signature worthy, and it is aptly named "Sensuelle." So happy I ordered this one!! I am already considering ordering a back up bottle as well as the extrait!! : ) Fragrance: 10/10 Projection: 9/10 Sillage: 9/10 Longevity: 9/10

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

4 years ago

Another Chanel that smells appalling on me. Occasionally I will ask a woman what perfume she is wearing because she smells so good. Twice I've approached women who told me they were wearing Allure Sensuelle. I've tried it twice - once in EDP concentration and once in EDT. They both smell the same on me, and it ain't pretty. As with Coco and Coco Mademoiselle, Allure Sensuelle basically smells like a combination of old stale potpourri, and insect repellant. All I can smell is sandalwood, spices and citrus. Truly vile. The moral of this review is body chemistry rules supreme. Don't ever purchase a perfume for someone as a gift unless you know it's a perfume they already wear and love. Don't assume that because it smells good, or even great on someone else, that it will smell good on you. Test, test and then test again before purchasing. I have given it three out of five only because of how magnificent it smells on some people. If I was rating it based on how it smelt on me it would be a one.

About reviewer (816 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

This is a spicy oriental that grabs attention , has great sillage and lasting power and is worth the high price. It is expensive , but it smells expensive and SOPHISTICATED . I get a blast of vanilla, some floral notes and also patchouli . I am frequently asked the name of my scent on days I wear this fragrance . It is suitable for women of all ages who want to smell feminine , sophisticated and not trend followers. I find men are drawn to it .

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

5 years ago

elegant... exclusive... & sexy !!! love it so much!!!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium