Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Golden Fair is an almost perfect match for me. Unfortunately, I have to use SO much product and build, build, build. I use a dense powder brush from IT Cosmetics for the best application. It can be a bit powdery/fly away during the process.

It doesn't sink into pores and the finish is very skin-like. It doesn't accentuate dry spots too badly, but wears well for around 4 hours on the t-zone on my combo skin.

Really, it's a nice product, the only reason not repurchasing is you need to use so much, so the price per application is high. I've moved to Lucy Minerals Pale Olive instead which is much denser and more pigmented.

on 2/12/2017 6:08:00 PM

I bought some of this in 1N last spring, as well as 1W, and played with them a while but set them aside.At the time I wasn't sure if I wanted to use concealer over the top the way I always do when I wear foundation because it'd be like smearing something creamy over a powder, and I didn't think that would work well. I did try it but wasn't so impressed. I thought mineral foundations might not be my thing, you know.

I brought it out again this weekend, as I am in the process of moving and am deciding what to keep and what to toss. I used one of my fave drugstore BB creams, Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Aging BB Cream SPF 20, which is a thick, easy to spread, hydrating, and opaque-ish cream, put the concealer over that cream, and then put the 1N over it using a mini kabuki brush. Wow! My skin looked fresh, healthy, and almost flawless.

I was pretty astonished that this one area under my right cheekbone, which seems to have these annoying reddish splotches (probably due to age, blahhhhh) and which is very difficult to cover 100%, disappeared.

This foundation builds well and is hard to overdo because it simply doesn't look too cakey or crusty or weird if you use it over a good BB cream or moisturizer. (I do not suggest using a concealer over the top, though.) I'll also add that prior to my using the BB cream this weekend, I had done a Korean-type 10 step skincare routine, so I had a number of layers of creams and serums on besides the BB cream. Yet, the foundation still made my skin look fresh and almost flawless. Not bad for someone over 50, eh.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased the color 2w which was perfect for my yellow based light skin. 3w was a close match but more for summer . shipping was fast , packaging was nice but I feel like since the prices have raised since when I first started ordering 6 years ago has been a downfall. the product started getting oily on my skin after about 4 hours and I did notice it oxidized just a little by 6 hours . It didn't make me break out or itch like bare minerals, but I feel like there are better priced products out there at equal if not better quality ( I'm currently experimenting with 3 other mineral makeup brands, ulta, meow Cosmetics, and Lucy minerals )

on 6/23/2016 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Disappointing, not worth it and would not purchase again.

As we are approaching warmer weather I am loving this foundation. It's a medium coverage, doesn't look cakey and doesn't break me out. For my skin which is oily it looks best buffed into the skin. I use the ecco tools buffing brush.

on 2/24/2016 8:38:00 PM

To be upfront: this review is based on just two day's use (the sample kit) so I can't comment on long term skin impact or continued wear over time. But I can still offer a quick opinion and hopefully it helps someone.

Pros:
Medium coverage looks lovely and even but allows skin to still show through
Semi-matte formula doesn't look flat or cakey
Powder is lightweight and finely milled with no scent (and no irritation to my combination skin in the short trial)
Powder doesn't sit on top of skin or look powdery but rather seems to disappear, leaving skin even but not obviously made-up
Feels weightless on
Great shade range with lots of customization options for tone (I was able to find a PERFECT MATCH, a rarity)
Minimal ingredients = less chemicals to mess with your skin
No oxidizing or negative effect on other color cosmetics (bronzer, blush)
Reasonable price (and free sample kit!)

Cons:
Can look a little shimmery as the day wears on
Requires touch-up for long wear; starts to melt/shift after about 4 hours

Basically, I liked it fairly well. It's a very good option for a mineral foundation, especially at this price! It just doesn't last as well as my current favorite foundation (Lumene CC) so I wouldn't choose it over that. If you're interested though, try a sample kit and see if it works for you. You may love it, and you've only got $2 in shipping to lose if you don't.

on 11/4/2015 4:05:00 PM

I really like this foundation. For the longest time I used liquid foundation because the powders wouldn't give me the same coverage. This coverage is fantastic, though, and looks really natural! Everyday minerals also has a huge range of shades so it is easy to find you match. You can also get a set of 7 samples for free to find your match. Great!

on 9/8/2015 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I used this foundation years ago, and looking for light mineral makeup with satiny kind of finish, I thought I'd try it again. 1C is a decent match for my skin. It's really pink, but apparently I am too since it pretty much disappears when I apply it. I wanted to love this, but I really didn't. It's powdery yet shimmery, and it makes me look about 10 years older than I am because it highlights fine lines I didn't even know I had and never saw when I was barefaced or with any other makeup. Add to that the fact that it doesn't even come close to covering the very faint acne scars I have from teenage breakouts (for perspective, most BB creams and CC creams cover them without concealer), and this was a big disappointment.

On the plus side, I love the EDM sample kits and find the site easy to navigate and friendly. I think I'm going to try the Jojoba base since I did find a decent color match, but this one is going on the discard pile.

I love this stuff. For me it covers extremely well while looking very natural. It sounds too good to be true, I know. I use a dense brush from Coastal Scents, which helps get me the coverage I like. I also try to apply it in layers which helps. I do have to touch up midday, but I don't really mind because the ingredients are so minimal and it doesn't feel like much on my skin. I switched to this from Bare Minerals because I was having a reaction to something in their formula. This hasn't happened with Everyday Minerals. I know it's practically a sin, but I have even slept in this makeup a few times and my skin doesn't seem to mind. I say try it with the expectation to apply in layers and touch up midday. These minor drawbacks are hugely outweighed by the benefits in my opinion.

on 2/27/2015 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This foundation looks good when first applied in the morning. I use it over a EM finishing dust. The coverage is very sheer and matte whith a natural finish. The "new-old" formula never breaks me out and is perfect when my skin needs to "breath" if I have some congested pores. It's very lightweight and I can't feel it on my skin. It washes of so easy in the evening. Now, the bad things.. Whitin hours (one even?) this starts to fade away. It just disappers all over. And makes my pores look bigger. And when applied, as I find with all EM products, it flies everywhere. But, I might repurchase because of it's good parts and touch up during the day (which I always do with every finishing powder but I don't like that I have to touch up the whole base)