3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I really can't believe this foundation has such great reviews. When I got this foundation I immediately thought it would be too dark on me even though I bought the lightest shade. That didn't turn out to be a problem though since it has about as much coverage as translucent powder. I have used powder foundation for many years now so I know it's limited how high the coverage can be, but why would you even use something that doesn't even cover redness and especially when it's a powder. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with the rest of this powder as I can't even use it as a setting powder since it's so dark.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

2 years ago

This brand used to be good. Somewhere along the line, they changed the formula, and now it gives you barely any coverage.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Since getting pregnant I have been getting horrible hormonal acne and wanted foundation that did not make my breakouts worst. I started wearing this makeup and it works great, I apply rosehip oil before to moisturize my skin and it feels so smooth, the coverage is buildable which is nice. So far it has been working for me the only thing is the color comes on little yellow so I might need to order different shade next time!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

2 years ago

I have mixed skin, and while I like how the EDM bases look on me, I wouldn't recommend this one for anyone with oily skin, it can look SHINY as the day goes on. Coverage is decent, better than say, Lily Lolo. You can get this on iHerb for like $10, which is nice since in my country this costs closer to $25 a jar :/

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

3 years ago

Golden Fair is an almost perfect match for me. Unfortunately, I have to use SO much product and build, build, build. I use a dense powder brush from IT Cosmetics for the best application. It can be a bit powdery/fly away during the process. It doesn't sink into pores and the finish is very skin-like. It doesn't accentuate dry spots too badly, but wears well for around 4 hours on the t-zone on my combo skin. Really, it's a nice product, the only reason not repurchasing is you need to use so much, so the price per application is high. I've moved to Lucy Minerals Pale Olive instead which is much denser and more pigmented.

About reviewer (279 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

3 years ago

I bought some of this in 1N last spring, as well as 1W, and played with them a while but set them aside.At the time I wasn't sure if I wanted to use concealer over the top the way I always do when I wear foundation because it'd be like smearing something creamy over a powder, and I didn't think that would work well. I did try it but wasn't so impressed. I thought mineral foundations might not be my thing, you know. I brought it out again this weekend, as I am in the process of moving and am deciding what to keep and what to toss. I used one of my fave drugstore BB creams, Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Aging BB Cream SPF 20, which is a thick, easy to spread, hydrating, and opaque-ish cream, put the concealer over that cream, and then put the 1N over it using a mini kabuki brush. Wow! My skin looked fresh, healthy, and almost flawless. I was pretty astonished that this one area under my right cheekbone, which seems to have these annoying reddish splotches (probably due to age, blahhhhh) and which is very difficult to cover 100%, disappeared. This foundation builds well and is hard to overdo because it simply doesn't look too cakey or crusty or weird if you use it over a good BB cream or moisturizer. (I do not suggest using a concealer over the top, though.) I'll also add that prior to my using the BB cream this weekend, I had done a Korean-type 10 step skincare routine, so I had a number of layers of creams and serums on besides the BB cream. Yet, the foundation still made my skin look fresh and almost flawless. Not bad for someone over 50, eh.

About reviewer (266 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I purchased the color 2w which was perfect for my yellow based light skin. 3w was a close match but more for summer . shipping was fast , packaging was nice but I feel like since the prices have raised since when I first started ordering 6 years ago has been a downfall. the product started getting oily on my skin after about 4 hours and I did notice it oxidized just a little by 6 hours . It didn't make me break out or itch like bare minerals, but I feel like there are better priced products out there at equal if not better quality ( I'm currently experimenting with 3 other mineral makeup brands, ulta, meow Cosmetics, and Lucy minerals )

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Disappointing, not worth it and would not purchase again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

As we are approaching warmer weather I am loving this foundation. It's a medium coverage, doesn't look cakey and doesn't break me out. For my skin which is oily it looks best buffed into the skin. I use the ecco tools buffing brush.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

4 years ago

To be upfront: this review is based on just two day's use (the sample kit) so I can't comment on long term skin impact or continued wear over time. But I can still offer a quick opinion and hopefully it helps someone. Pros: Medium coverage looks lovely and even but allows skin to still show through Semi-matte formula doesn't look flat or cakey Powder is lightweight and finely milled with no scent (and no irritation to my combination skin in the short trial) Powder doesn't sit on top of skin or look powdery but rather seems to disappear, leaving skin even but not obviously made-up Feels weightless on Great shade range with lots of customization options for tone (I was able to find a PERFECT MATCH, a rarity) Minimal ingredients = less chemicals to mess with your skin No oxidizing or negative effect on other color cosmetics (bronzer, blush) Reasonable price (and free sample kit!) Cons: Can look a little shimmery as the day wears on Requires touch-up for long wear; starts to melt/shift after about 4 hours Basically, I liked it fairly well. It's a very good option for a mineral foundation, especially at this price! It just doesn't last as well as my current favorite foundation (Lumene CC) so I wouldn't choose it over that. If you're interested though, try a sample kit and see if it works for you. You may love it, and you've only got $2 in shipping to lose if you don't.

About reviewer (691 reviews)

Age30-35